003

Sinister Warfare [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 https://latsyrc.lynx/user/home

 (Crystal Lynxes  Home Page)

 

School—College—finally started and that meant: new people, new teachers, new classes and most of all new friends.

 

"On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you to begin college with me?" Jaein grinned. Iseul cringed at her joy, "Minus one thousand."

 

"Don't be such a sour-puss, it's going to be fun!" The younger dragged her towards the gate, "Yeah, whatever. Where's Mingyu, anyway?" She looked around, she hasn't seen him for a few days now and usually that probably wouldn't be a problem, but he has canceled on her for like at least 5 times in the past week.

 

"He has some business to take care off." She dismissed the question. Iseul frowned, "Okay?"

 

She started to get annoyed by her dismissal of Mingyu, she knew Jaein knew what he was doing, but she just wouldn't tell her.

 

"Is he going to attend classes Today?" She wondered, Jaein sighed, "No, not Today."

 

Iseul stopped with a groan, "You have got to be kidding me?"

 

Jaein patted her back, "I know, I know, I'm so sorry."

 

Iseul hissed, "That damned Mingyu with his stupid things-he-needs-to-take-care-of ."

 

Jaein refrained herself from touching more on the subject, afraid of spilling too much, "Oh well, who cares about that lame-o! You have me!"

 

Iseul smiled, "That's true."

 

They proceeded to class, when Jaein bumped into a very pretty girl, her hair had been dyed blonde, "Oh! Ji-chan!"

 

"Oh Jaein! Look at you, all grown up and off to college already." She cooed at the younger.

 

Iseul was actually quite confused since chan is a Japanese formality, not Korean at all

 

"And who may that be?" The Ji-chan person asked, refering to Iseul.

 

"That's Park Iseul, an old friend of mine! She just moved back from America." Jaein happily introduced her to the other.

 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Im Jinah, Jaein here calls me Ji-chan, but I prefer Jinah." She flashed a smile.

 

"Nice to meet you, I assume you're a senior?" Iseul asked politely.

 

"Oh dear, no need to be all formal, just talk normally! And yes, I'm almost done here. I've been studying criminology." She raked her hair, "Anyway! I have to go my friend is waiting. Bye, take care."

 

Jaein grinned, "I swear, she's so cool!" Iseul nodded, "I agree." As they walked down the hall.

 

"Hey, did you see the message on the bulletin board on the lynxes website?" Iseul overheard some boys talking.

"No, I haven't logged in for a while. Why?" The other boy answered.

 

Iseul stopped in her tracks, "Hey are you coming?" Jaein asked when she noticed her friend wasn't next to her anymore. "Yeah, I think I forgot something, silly me. DOn't wait up, I'll be back soon." Jaein shrugged, "Oh-kay?" A bit puzzled, she walked away and left Iseul alone.

 

Iseul quickly hid behind a pillar, just far enough to still being able to hear the guys.

 

 

 

"You know that big auction that's taking place soon in Seongbuk-gu?" A blonde boy, Minhyuk, started.

 

"Yeah, what about it? Only rich guys go there." Another, Jooheon, pulled a face.

 

"Someone posted on the board that the underground auction is going to take place on the same night. Representatives from several gangs, huge gangs, from all over South-Korea will  attend." Minhyuk whispered the last part, but Iseul could still hear him, though, with some struggle.

 

"Isn't that, like, illegal?"Jooheon asked, but that question was soon answered by a slap against his head by another guy, Hyunwoo.

 

"You , of course it's illegal, that's why it's an underground auction. As in, it's held secretly!" He hissed.

 

"Well, if it was supposed to be a secret, why would someone post it on the pin board of the site?" The poor boy received a slap against his head again.

 

"Hey dipwad, ever think about the fact that the Crystal Lynxes are an actual gang?" Hoseok sighed.

 

"Okay, I get it, stop doing that, my head hurts." Jooheon whined, while Hoseok rolled his eyes.

 

"Anyway," Minhyuk continued, "Sources have stated that at least 7 representatives from 7 different gangs will attend, 10 if you include the Ryders, the Hawks and the Dragons."

 

"Were there any messages from the boss? Do you think he'll attend?" Hyunwoo asked.

 

Minhyuk shook his head, "No, you know how the boss is, he never responses to messages like that. I don't think he really cares about the gang wars, I actually doubt he knows how feared the Lynxes are."

 

"You know, the boss is pretty dense for such an influential don, I mean have you seen the membership rate? It's been rising like crazy this month, we've already past 10,500 members." Hoseok stated as he pulled out his phone, "Look."

 

He showed them the homepage and they all looked like the membership count as it was still rising.

 

"We've past the 20,000 already you guys..." Jooheon nervously said, "It's still rising, what if the website crashes?"

 

"Relax... That won't happen, I think?" Hoseok patted his head.

 

"Our main focus was the auction, so let's just say that, if all those gang representatives show up, then what happens?" Hyunwoo asked

 

"I don't know, but those underground auctions usually make tons of cash and at least 50% of their raised money goes to the funding of gangs. Loads of underground people are going to attend! Maybe that's why they decided to do it on a void, to prevent anything crazy from happening." Minhyuk shrugged.

 

"I guess—" Hyunwoo was interrupted by a phone call, "Sorry guys, someone requested me to finish a mission, I gotta go."

 

"Wow there boy, you still take on jobs through the site?" They other three looked at him oddly.

 

"Sure! Why not? I get the job done, I get paid and just like that I'm eighty bucks richer. But I really have to go, bye!" He walked away in a sprint.

 

 

 

 

After that she decided to stop eavesdropping, the conversation sparked an interest in her, with a grin she walked off to class. "An auction, huh?"

 

 

••• Later That Day •••

 

 

"Crystal Lynxes, huh?" The boss of the Blue Hawks, code name: J-L, threw his papers on the desk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter