004

Sinister Warfare [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaewon knocked on the office door, "Hey Coups."

He grinned, slumping back in to the big velvet chair across Seungcheol's desk. 

"What happened? Who died?" Seungcheol cocked an eyebrow. "Why do you always assume I killed someone whenever I come to you. I'm your advisor, cut me some slack."

Seungcheol sighed, "I only gave you this position, because you're my little brother and I promised father I'd take care of you and the family business."

He took a sip of his coffee, "And you should really leave the assassinating to the units. It's getting a bit exhausting having to get you out of all these sticky situations."

"Yeah, yeah... Anyway!" Jaewon dismissed the rant of his older brother and went back to what he initially came for. "I heard something quite interesting a few days ago."

The  older one looked up, signing that he was paying attention, "Rumor has it Lee Taemin has his eyes set on a female, a college student may I add."

"Where did you hear that?"

"Read it from this file that was sent in about three days ago." He showed the vanilla folder. 

"Reasons as to why you're telling me this only now?" Seungcheol grumbled. "Well... You looked too pissed about what he did last week so I figured I had to leave you alone for a bit..."

Seungcheol sighed, "Never mind. Whatever. Just give me the file we'll talk about this later." He held his hand out and Jaewon handed it to him. 

"I'm gonna go check how things are going back at HQ. We got new meat." Jaewon stood up as he raked through his hair.

"Don't be too hard on the rookies. Just look, don't touch." Seungcheol reluctantly saw him off. And leaned against the door after he closed it, the folder in his hands. 

Then his speaker went, "Sir, Mr. Takinawa, CEO of Taiga Corp., on line five. He wants to discuss the upcoming meeting from the 28th." Irene, Seungcheol's assistant, was heard through it. 

He pressed the black button on the device, "Yes, thank you Irene. I'll get to it right away." He kindly answered before storing the folder away. 

 

[Seungcheol] Mr. Takinawa, how nice to hear from you!

[R. Takinawa] Oh, Mr. Choi. About the upcoming meeting, I apologize if this is coming at an unsuitable time, but I think we might need to move it to an earlier date.

[Seungcheol] I guess that could be arranged. What date did you have in mind? 

[R. Takinawa] The 17th? One if my most trusted employees is going to be in Seoul for a bussiness meet up with our Korean office. She's fully up to date with our business relationship, I can trust her with my life.

[Seungcheol] She sounds very promising.. I'll be looking forward to our meeting. Shuifeng Inc. is honored to work with you and Taiga Corp. 

[R. Takinawa] The honor is all mine, Mr. Choi. Have a good day.

[Seungcheol] Have a good day, Mr. Takinawa.  

 

Seungcheol hung up and rested his head in his hands with a groan of frustration, "Great. On the day of the auction." 

He was getting stressed, this was not what he wanted, but he had no choice. Gang or not, he had a front to keep up and if business is calling he can't refuse.

Shuifeng Inc. is a well known pharmaceutical company with about 20 offices across Korea and China, they are also a front created to protect the activities of the Black Ryders. 

Taiga Corp., established by Takinawa Ryuuji and based in Japan, is a fairly young yet vast growing company that deals in electrical utilities.

If they were to finally link companies it would launch them both into an expansion in reachability.Taiga Corp. would help and improve the electrical unit in Shuifeng Inc. and the latter would be able to expand oversees to Japan.

Now that would be great, if the meeting goes well and the contract gets signed he could finally rest,, but now he had to deal with not only a company merge, but also an underground auction which happens to be the biggest gathering of criminals this year. All in a day's worth.

Seungcheol pushed the black button, "Hey, Irene. Could you set my lunch meeting with the board to another day. I'm taking a nap." 

"Of course, sir. Is the boss interested in some homemade sandwiches by yours truly." Irene asked.

"I'd love that." Seungcheol grinned.

 

••• Some Place Else •••

 

Iseul was looking through some newspapers in the library, while eating a sandwich.

'... other than that, were there rumors about an illegal auction taking place soon. The exact date is unknown, but investigators have speculated it to be close to the 23rd Annual National Haengbeok Charity Auction, set up by YeonHwa co. one of Korea's largest insurance companies.

There will be tight security everywhere. The auction will take  place on the 17th, you will be advised to stay inside. '

She read with great intent. "YeonHwa?" She curiously grabbed her laptop and started to browse the internet. "So YeonHwa co. has several offices throughout South Korea.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter