005

Sinister Warfare [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Iseul yawned as she got to her seat in the back of the auditorium and slumped over her table. Purging the website and tightening security took a lot of effort and she refused to go on about her day with the knowledge that she only cleaned out the site halfheartedly, so giving up wasn't an option even if she had to stay up till 3:30 AM.

She closed her eyes and listened to her surroundings, two guys in front of her were whispering cautiously, but she still caught on and raised an eyebrow when the topic on hand became clear.

"Hey Yuta, the boss purged the entire site, we're back to 15.000 members." The black haired, slanted eyed boy named Mingming whispered to his friend.

"I know, luckily I was online at the time, otherwise my account might've been deleted! Anyway, did you see? The boss liked that post about him maybe being a female. Do you think it's true?" His brown haired friend asked.

"Nah, I don't think so. I would eat my own shirt if it was true." He scoffed.

Iseul had to giggle inwardly, Ah I see, so they are members too, huh? She thought happily.

You have no idea, how correct that post was. She almost let a chuckle escape her lips.

"U-uhm, excuse me." A blonde boy tapped her shoulder, "I-is this seat taken?" He stuttered, with a cute accent at that.

Iseul looked around, there were dozen of chairs empty, since this is mathematics and no one really cares about this class, so this stuttering person in front of her could've chosen to sit just about anywhere else in the room, yet he still had the courage to go up to her and ask if the seat next to her was taken.

Iseul smiled nicely, and took her bag off the chair while shaking her head, "It will be, once you sit down."

"W-what? I'm so sorry, I'll take my leave." He bowed multiple times and Iseul couldn't help my grin, "I'm just joking, you can sit down." She patted his shoulder. "So are you new around here? I haven't seen you before." She casually started asking questions.

"A-ah, I'm a new transfer student from China. My name is Minghao, but Myungho is fine too." He shyly introduced himself. She took his hand and shook it, "Nice to mete you, Myung. I'm Iseul." Which made his ears turn slightly red, "N-nice to meet you, Iseul."

"Your Korean is fairly well for a transfer student from China." She noted, "Well, because my friend taught me. I'm still working on it, though." He scratched his head, "He's a good teacher." She commented.

They chatted a silently through out the entire class, and it was one of the only times she managed to stay awake in one of Professor Hwang's classes.

She learned that his friend, Chan, also recently transferred to this college, that Minghao really liked dancing and that he wants to be really good at Korean.

After class ended she bade him goodbye, keen on finding Mingyu because she had been planning on beating him up ever since he ditched her for the umpth time. Minghao waved to her as she walked away and then happened to bump in to Chan.

"Hey there, buddy! Did you find her?" Chan slumped his arm around his friend. "Yup, but I still don't understand why we're supposed to keep an eye on her, she's very nice. She looks so nice I doubt she could even hurt a fly. She didn't even mind how slow I was speaking." Minghao tilted his head. "I even made-up this tear dropping story about how much I 'miss my family and friends back home', she even showed some empathy, that doesn't sound like anything dangerous to me."

Chan shrugged, "Looks can be deceiving, my man. Let's just observe and we'll see." He rubbed his stomach, "We should really grab some food, going undercover as college students is extremely exhausting and I am truly famished."

"Famished?" He didn't really understand. "I'm hungry, I'm just very hungry." Chan pulled him towards the hall where everyone could buy food and drinks, "H-hey! Shouldn't we report to Ms. Yerim!" Minghao stopped him.

"Did anything interesting or suspicious happen?"

"No..."

"Then there's nothing to report, is there?" He winked and they proceeded to walk towards the building known as the cafeteria.

"Remind me again, as to why we're doing th—" 

They accidentally bumped in to a boy, who happened to be called Mingyu, and as they fell back he looked in distraught, "Crap, I'm so sorry, are you okay? I-i have to go, I'm sorry." He hissed as he looked behind him and quickly made a run for it. ", she wasn't kidding." He commented about himself before leaving.

Minghao and Chan were slightly irritated, but more than that, they were curious as to what made this boy so clumsy and panicked, "What was that abou—"

Chan was interrupted by a loud angry voice, "Kim Mingyu, get your puny over here so I can rip off that pretty little head of yours and smash it to pulp!" Iseul threatened in a dangerous way.

She stomped by, but stopped and turned around, "Oh, hey there Myung! Friend of yours?" She asked nicely, making a total 180 degrees turn from how she was literally 5 seconds ago.

Minghao cleared his throat, quite confused about the event that took place just then. He couldn't actually picture her getting so angry, yet what Chan saw was more than just angry, she looked out-right pissed with a mix of frustration, lack of sleep and agitation. Trust me, if anyone knows how to read people, it's Lee Chan.

"Y-yeah, this is Chan, the one I told you about." Minghao pointed to the shorter guy next to him who had a cocked eyebrow, "Hello there, you must be Iseul. Got quite the temper there, don't you?" He bowed and cheekily commented.

She turned red, "N-no, I just happened to be extremely angry at him, no biggie." She held up her hands and waved them around,"He stood me up like 30 times, and that calls himself a friend." She glared in to the distance, towards the direction of a scaredy-cat Mingyu.

"So, where are you guys heading?" She asked, "Oh, we were about to get food. And you?"

"Trying to kill my best friend. But I could totally go for a  sandwich right now." She patted her stomach before checking the time, "Too bad I have to leave," She pouted.

"I'll catch you guys later, alright?" She smiled and ran off towards the distance, following Mingyu's trail. 

Chan and Minghao looked awfully confused at each other before shrugging it off. They've seen weirder stuff. 

"She's an odd one, ain't she?" Chan crossed his arms in an inquisitive way.

"She seemed pretty normal to me when we first met." Minghao tilted his head to the side. "An impression based on one's first sight, is an impression to be forgotten, as one might say." Chan his chin. 

"What do you mean by that?" Minghao opened the double doors to the big hall. "It means that their first impression is never necessarily their true nature. She might be someone dangerous, you never know."

"I guess I can see what you're getting at. You're awfully smart for an eighteen year old." Minghao patted his head.

"Well, you're awfully nice and gentle for an apathetic assassin." Chan moved Minghao's hand away. " But don't get too touchy with me, I am the one who's allowed to initiate the skin-ship here, not you."

 

 On the other side of campus, Iseul had finally caught on to Mingyu and locked his head in her arms, " Aaah! That hurts, I can't breathe! You beast, I have weak lungs, stop adding pressure to my throat!"

Mingyu struggled, but it was in a half-assed way, since he couldn't risk hurting her with his abnormally strong muscles, so his only choice was to play pretend. 

"This is what you get for consecutively ditching on me for more than twenty-six times." She glowered. "Twenty-seven if I count the attempt you tried to make, thirteen minutes ago."

"I'm sorry—Ah! Could you please stop your attempts to close up my trachea for just a second, I'm genuinely trying to apologize he—Aah!" He pushed her hands off, "For goodness sake, what in the world has gotten in to you?"

"Me? What about you!" She hissed. 

"What about me?" He crossed arms, what did he do? 

"I haven't seen you for God knows how long and I had so many great plans or us! But what do I get? I get stood up by my best friend for over ninety times. Do you even know I exist? And even when we do hang out you seem to feel anxious 24/7, always on edge, always paranoid, as if someone is going to come out and attack you. What the hell are you afraid of? For 's sake Mingyu, it's like you're someone completely new." She breathed heavily.

Mingyu backed away a few steps, he felt hurt. "I... I'm sorry." Was all he could say.

"Is that it? No 'I can explain Iseul'? No 'I have a perfectly good reason as to why I had to ditch you an unnecessary amount of times'? That's literally the only thing you're going to say to me? A measly little 'I'm sorry' is all I get?" She hissed.

"Look! I can't explain it all to you right now, not here!" He snapped back, then he breathed in and out to calm himself down, "I'll tell you about it, but next time. Okay?"

"Next time? Next time?" She balled her hands into fists, "That's all you ever say! Are those the only words in your dictionary? I want an explanation, now!"

"Well for you, now doesn't it!" He snapped in a frustrated manner, "When I say I can't explain it to you, I ing cant! Now lay off my back." He adjusted his collar.

"You know what?" She backed away and clenched her teeth, "I'm done. I'm out. I'm not doing this anymore. Call me when you can explain your -like behavior to me."

"I have been trying to be nice to you this whole time, but if it's going to be like that then it's fine by me!" He yelled, "Go on and on outta here, isn't that what you always do?"

"Oh, so it's going to be like this then?" She tightened the grip on her backpack, "Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Good!"

"Good!"

" you."

" you too."

They turned away form each other and stomped in the opposite direction. A set of eyes were staring from afar with a wide grin plastered on their face, "Well, well, well, seems like little miss sunshine is having a little bit of boy trouble." He grabbed his phone.

 

[Moonkyu] It doesn't seem to be going well with her.

[Taemin] A little trouble with Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes, huh?

[Moonkyu] Certainly. 

[Taemin] Just what we needed! I barely had to do anything for this upshot, how dandy.

[Moonkyu] So what now?

[Taemin] Follow her around for a bit, I want to see how she handles the situation.

[Moonkyu] Roger that.

 

 

 

He hung up and stretched his neck back, "I don't get paid enough for this."

 

Meanwhile, in Yeongdeungppo-gu, Taemin leaned back in his leather chair behind his desk after hanging up. "Don't you think it's awfully low to bully a university student like this?" Heeyeon commented bluntly and she was holding an apple in her hand.

 

"Surely you jest! I'm just having some fun. And the Dragons seem to be taking the bait, just as expected." He stood up and walked over to the chessboard in front of the window. He moved the horse piece forwards, "Don't you just love humans?" He spread out his arms and turned around.

 

"They're such nice game pieces, don't you think? They do exactly as I say even when they don't want to. There is just nothing they can do about it, all they can do is ponder about the complications they face and reflect upon themselves before ensuing themselves in the exact position they were so anxious about finding themselves in. It's truly fascinating, don't you think?"

 

"No. Humans are simple beings, they love, they hate then they feel conflicted and so it all comes full circle, it's an excruciatingly doltish sight to behold." Heeyeon cringed.

 

"Now that is where you, my dear Hani—"

 

"Don't use endearments on me."

 

Teamin sighed, "I correct myself," He rolled his eyes, "That is where you, Ahn Hee Yeon, are wrong. Humans are complex beings, they have their faults and imperfections. Everyone's the same, no exceptions. All of them, equal before God. Leading their lives like they think they should. It's almost endearing, don't you think? It is exactly that what makes them the most perfect subjects to experiment on."

 

"You're extremely twisted, I hope you realize that." She took a bite out of her apple.

 

"Now, now, Hani, it's very rude to tell someone off on their likes and preferences." Taemin pouted.

 

"I'm not rude. I was just taught not to pretend to be nice to people I can't stand." Heeyeon took another bite.

 

"Fascinating." He smiled in an omnious way.

 

"I've worked for you for three years already and I still don't get it. What is it about the human race that interest you so much? We're nothing but bags of meat and fluids. Some just act worse than others." She flailed her hands around in an questioning way.

 

"Oh, please! This world is so entertaining because it doesn't do anyone's bidding! And now that we're on the topic, it's absurd to divide people between good and bad. People are neither charming or tedious, they just are." He sat back down in his chair and leaned forwards on his glass-top desk.

 

"You saying that makes me wonder if you're just a hypocritical or a semi-deranged genius." Taemin cocked an eyebrow at her statement. "I reckon a little bit of both." He twisted around on his chair.

 

"TAEMIIIIIIIIN!" Someone knocked—no, banged—on the door.

 

"Oh dear, here we go again." Heeyeon swallowed the chunk of apple in and walked towards the door—which was close to it's breaking point.

 

"Tell him I'm not home, if you may." Taemin grinned as he jumped out the window and landed on the roof of the next-door building with ease. Heeyeon saluted and opened the door, stepping out of the way so she wouldn't get hit by the forceful fist that practically broke their door.

 

"Where is he?" The man, known as Seoul's Strongest Man: Kim Jongin, barged in, almost taking the door and half of the wall with him.

 

"If you really would've broken that door, I would've made you pay all the required expenses. And no, Taemin isn't here so I suggest you take your ill-tempered behaviour elsewhere." Heeyeon pointed to the door with a bored expression.

 

"I'll come back! And tell him to be prepared. If I ever see him in the streets of Seoul, I'll shatter his little body to pieces." Jongin yelled, since he knew Taemin could perfectly hear him from where the latter was sitting.

 

Jongin left and closed the door with a bang. "He's gone, you can come out n..." Heeyeon trailed off,  "...And he left. Of course he did." She clenched her teeth together. "I'm going to beat you up when you get back, Lee Taemin!" She shouted at nothing particular.

 

She turned away from the window and crushed the remnants of her apple in her hand before throwing it away in the trash can.

 

Taemin landed on the concrete without trouble and looked at his phone, he had received a notification about a new chat invite.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter