008

Sinister Warfare [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He prayed to God his cover wasn't blown. Minghao bit his lip, he wasn't even sure why he was nervous. He's an assassin lying to a girl shouldn't even be so hard. Maybe it was because she was so friendly, and seemed like an honest person. 

Damn, if only he knew how wrong he was whilst thinking that. "Hey there," She waved and sat down in front of him, placing the lunch packets on the table, "So about the other day..."

, she knows. Minghao had to make an escape quick, or rather, now. He stood up and wanted to walk away from her, but since she was right in front of him she was able stop him, so he wasn't able to leave. "Something wrong Myung?" Her grip was unnecessarily firm, which caught him off guard. Her grin seemed bittersweet. 

"No, I just really have to do something." He stuttered, since her grip started to hurt a little, "Could you let me go? You're holding on to me a little tight."

"Oh dear," She released her hand from his arm, "I apologize, I didn't realize I was holding on to you this tightly, clumsy me." She shook her head with a chuckle. "Sorry I bumped into you so roughly the other day, I didn't see you coming."

Minghao cleared his throat, "Oh no worries, I wasn't looking where I was going. No harm done." They laughed at their awkwardness to each other, before Iseul started studying his face and pulled down his hoodie with a gasp. "Hey!" He protested and stopped her hand by holding her wrist.

"What are you doing?" His demeanor changed for a split second, his eyes flashed bloodlust, "Y-your eye..." She suddenly noticed how dark the bruises on his faces were, it was unhealthy color of greenish purple. The boy blinked and shrugged, "Oh," He pulled up his hoodie, "Don't worry about it. It's nothing."

"Nothing? You call that nothing?" She hissed, "How bad does it need to be before you call it something?" The girl held his chin and looked at his face with worry written all over her face. Well actually... That and anger.

"It was nothing, it's not like it hur— Ouch!" He squeaked as she poked at a cut on his cheek, "You liar." She giggled and took out a pack of band aids out of her bag. "Talk about being-overly-prepared, huh?" He commented, making her laugh.

"Who did this? Was it the guys from yesterday? Was it The8?" She quickly turned serious as she applied the brightly colored patches of adhesive on his face. Minghao snapped his head away at the mentioning of his other name. "What do you know about The8, Park Iseul?" There it was again, that scary faint light of bloodlust in his eyes. It intimidated her.

"N-nothing, I just know that those Black Ryders were after him and I assumed he had to be dangerous for there to be three men chasing him down the streets of soul," She stepped back at his scary stare, "I was concerned about you, what if either of those two parties hurt you? Especially The8! He could be dangerous, I heard rumors of him being a trained assassin, you have to be careful!"

Minghao sighed in relief; If that's her only concern, I'm still safe. I'm lucky she isn't used to the gang system of this city, or this could've been the end. I have to be more careful next time, or I might actually end up resorting to murder next time around. 

"I told you I was fine. I actually just tripped over a loose board in the flooring of my house and I fell down the stairs." Really, Myung? That's the lie you come up with? What were are these years of training for if you can't even make up lies properly? He scolded himself mentally.

"Oh, okay you gotta be more careful." She said, shrugging nonchalantly. Minghao wasn't sure if she was ignoring the fact she saw his mask and just assumed it was some type of cosplay, if she was pretending that she didn't notice and pulling the innocent act on him or if she genuinely didn't realize that he was seriously part of a gang.

"Iseul! Hey!" A male voice called out to her and she whipped her head around and peered through the room searching for whoever owned that booming voice. "Jimin? Taehyung? Weren't you guys making a test?" She raised an eyebrow at her two friends, "Nah, we finished up early so we were allowed to leave. I was honestly starving, come to daddy." Taehyung stared down at the food in an animalistic way. Jimin stared awkwardly at his friend while Iseul was trying to introduce all these guys to each other.

"Myung, these are my boys Tae and Jimmy." She gestured to the two males, arguing over proper manners, behind her. "Jimmy?" Minghao looked up, "That doesn't sound very Korean." Iseul snorted, "Because it's not. His name is actually Jimin, but I love nicknaming people. It is an easy access way to get closer to people faster and it makes it clear to people when I want to be serious. I like being straightforward and using endearments works in a good reverse psychological way." She reasoned herself, and Minghao was puzzled at the semi-deep explanation she had behind her odd ways.

Iseul could tell she managed to befuddle him, an attribute to her personality she loved taking advantage off. Jimin decided to tune in to the conversation, "So, what do you study here?" He pulled out a chair and flipped it so he could sit backwards as he had a few French fries stuffed in his mouth.

Minghao, disgusted by his lack of manners, shifted in his seat, "I'm a Chemical Engineering major." Iseul choked, "You are? You told me it was Performing Arts." Jimin raised an eyebrow. The Chinese boy rubbed the back of his head, "My parents ordered me to switch immediately, since they saw no future with that path of education." Minghao had to cuss at his damn lie, that was a stupid slip up. Now he also had to order a switch in packets, or it wouldn't make sense anymore.

He was really not on his game recently, he had no idea why. Maybe because he never had to stay in character for so long, yes he had jobs on the side that required for him to change personalities every so often, but he had been so rooted to this character he had taken on to fool such a simple young girl.

But he slipped up one too many times, he was just lucky she was very unsuspecting of him or he would've had to abort all plans and he would've been forced to go in for the final strike a tad bit too early.

He hadn't forgotten his original purpose. He was ordered to keep an eye on the girl who was rumored to be Lee Taemin's "Special Person of Interest" along with Chan, but the latter had been sent off to a big deal of jobs a lot and barely had any time to commit to this mission. Lee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter