001

Sinister Warfare [Slow Updates!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Junhui calmly opened the door to Soonyoung's office, "Sir, one of our men glitched." Glitched, that's how it was called when someone betrayed the gang. He looked up at the man in front of him as the latter straightened himself in his leather chair, "Oh dear, that may be a problem. Who was it?" 

 

Junhui frowned and looked at the papers in his hand, "Lee Taeyong, one of the gunners." Soonyoung folded his hands and leaned back, "Ah, the new kid. Was he a spy?" He asked as he sorted the paper work in front of him, there wasn't really anything special going through his head, this type of casualty was common for the leader of the Red Dragons. 

 

Junhui nodded, "Apparently he was asked to infiltrate our facility and out some information. He worked for some small biker gang, the Skull Pariahs. Should I take him out, or?" 

 

Soonyoung sighed and rubbed his temple, "No, just take him out. He's not involved with the Black Ryders nor the Blue Hawks so it doesn't really matter what happens to him. Just do it somewhere in one of the rooms underground. You know the routine. And while you're at it, tell Wendy get me some coffee, I could really go for a cafe latte with three sugar and some extra milk." 

 

Junhui bowed, "I'm on my way, boss." and he closed the door behind him. Some screams of a begging voice were still heard. Soonyoung rolled his eyes, "Kids these days." 

 

After some time Wendy came in, with a platter that was holding his coffee, some cookies and some sugar. She gently set it down on his desk and immediately left after he thanked her. 

 

Then a girl came hopping in with a grin and seated herself on his wooden desk, "Guess what I just found out?" Soonyoung groaned, "What now, Yerim?" 

She grinned widely, "Rumor has it that the Crystal Lynxes are coming to town!" 

 

Soonyoung sipped on his cup of coffee, "Oh really? That's grea- What did you say?" He spat out the liquid and immediately looked at his advisor with big eyes. 

She smiled, "That assistant girl, Ahn Heeyeon, the one who works for that creepy Information Merchant, told me about it when I met her in an alleyway behind this gross bar." 

 

Soonyoung raised an eyebrow, "And what exactly were you doing in an alleyway behind this 'gross bar'?" She shrugged, "I heard agonizing screams so I checked it out, thought that I maybe could help." 

 

Soonyoung snorted, "You? Helping someone in need? Ha!" He nearly choked on his drink. "Oh, please! I only wanted to watch and maybe help killing the person." She flipped her hair.  

 

"Anyways, it turned out Heeyeon was killing off a glitch that was planning on narking out the whereabouts of Lee Taemin, you know, the Information Merchant. He's a wanted man. Ever since they found out he framed one of the underbosses of the Black Ryders, Won- something, for killing the puppy of the president's daughter, they've been on the hunt for days." She laughed. 

 

Soonyoung rubbed his temples once again, "You're going off track." He commented. She straightened up, "Oh, yeah! Crystal Lynxes! Silly me!" She giggled. 

 

"Well, she didn't need my help to kill him, but after she dumped him in the river we talked a little. She filled me in, apparently some sources have reported that the Crystal Lynxes would come to sweet ol' Seoul. She told me to warn you, they've been busy recruiting fresh meat like a farmer collecting eggs." 

 

He sighed, "Damn, and I was even hoping for a calm vacation this summer." He slumped over desk, "I'm too tired for this, it's like 02:00 AM. Just go and ask for more information at Lee Taemin's base, I want to be prepared, incase their numbers multiply." 

 

Yerim jumped off his  desk, "Yes, Hosh-hosh!" She saluted and left. Soonyoung pulled a face after she left the room, she left behind a trace of lavender sent, "Ugh, she knows I hate lavender." He sighed for the twentieth time today.  

 

Stupid cousin, I give her the position of advisor and she still refuses to use formalities, darn brat. He thought irritated and he went back to his paper work.

 

 

••• One Month Later ••• 

 

The girl zipped up her bag and stretched out her arms with a yawn. 

 

"Dear goodness, I'm bored. Where is he?" She looked around the train station, searching for that familiar face she hasn't seen for years.  And like that, she saw him standing there, tall and proud, "Mingyu!" 

 

She ran towards him and jumped on him, "Gyu! I missed you!" 

 

He gave a toothy grin and ruffled her hair, "I missed you too, pup." 

 

"I'm so happy to be back here after such a long time!" She spun around.  "Okay, okay, no more spinning or you'll get sick." He stopped her. 

 

She pulled a face, "You're so boring, you killjoy. I need to find Jaein before I get infected with Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes' extreme lameness." 

 

Mingyu looked at her with a cocked eyebrow, "I'll have you know I managed to take at least eight pieces of candies from the candy store without paying!" And strip the owner of all his belongings because he hadn't paid back his 5.000.000 dollar debt yet, but of course, she didn't need to know that part. 

 

She snorted, "Oooh, I'm so scared, watch out world! Kim Mingyu, the Candy Taker, coming to get all your chocolate. Hide your kids, hide your wives!" She feigned.  "Oh shush, Jaein has been waiting for you, kid." He chuckled.

 

Since the train station wasn't very far off the place she'd be living in, they peacefully took their time. "So, how has the US been treating you?" Mingyu asked, trying to start up a conversation. 

 

"It's been fine, Anaheim was really fun and all, but I love being back home. SoCal Koreans are very different from the mainland, but they were all really nice and fun to hang out with." She yawned, jet lagged, of course. 

 

"How about auntie and u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter