The Groomsmen To The Rescue

Wedding Crashers

After Suga left, Dahyun stormed into the house to find Rapmon and Sua. “Sua! Namjoon!”

The two were sitting at the dining room table, enjoying a glass of wine. “What? What’s wrong?” Sua asked.

“I need your help” The look of desperation came across her face.

Rapmon yawned “Can’t it wait until the morning. I’m exhausted.”

“No!” Dahyun commanded.

“All right, tell us what it is” Sua told her.

“I want to break up the wedding” Dahyun bluntly stated.

Sua was shocked “What?! What are you talking about? That’s crazy!”

On the other hand, Rapmon had a completely different reaction. “Finally”

“Excuse me?” Sua questioned him.

“Finally” he repeated.

Dahyun was silent yet hopeful. She wanted to break up the wedding but she didn’t want to do it alone.

“No one wants to see Jungkook marry that girl. She’s an evil witch and everyone knows it” Rapmon continued. “If you want to break up that wedding, count me in”

Sua shook her head “We can’t do that! We’ll get arrested or something!”

“Sua” Dahyun came closer to her and grabbed her hands. “I can’t let Jungkook go through with this. I love him.”

Hearing her confession won Sua over. “Oh all right. But we’re going to need a plan”

Rapmon picked up his phone and started dialing numbers.

“Who are you calling?” Sua asked.

“Reinforcements” He said.

-

Sua woke up the next morning and saw that her friend wasn’t there. “Is she already awake?” She went downstairs and found Dahyun doing the dishes. “Dahyun? What are you doing up so early?”

“Actually I never went to sleep” Dahyun continued scrubbing Rapmon’s dirty dishes. “When was the last time he cleaned these things?”

Rapmon came down stairs and entered the kitchen. “Are you doing my dishes?”

“Uh-huh” Dahyun replied.

“Okay” Rapmon didn’t want to argue with that.

The doorbell rang and Sua went to go answer it. When she opened the doors she saw V, J-hope, and Jimin standing there.

“C’mon on in” She told them.

The three of them entered the home.

“What are you all doing here?” Rapmon asked “We still have hours until the wedding.”

“Couldn’t wait” Jimin admitted. “How’s Dahyun holding up?”

“Oh fine I guess” Rapmon shrugged “You know, as fine as anyone would be if they were about to try to convince their first love to leave their fiancée for them on the day of their wedding.”

V went into the kitchen to comfort his old friend. “Dahyun?”

“Hey V! Thanks for coming” She didn’t stop washing the dishes.

“Dahyun” He pulled the sponge out of her hands and set the dish down. “I think the dishes are clean enough”

Dahyun sighed “Sorry. I’m just so nervous. I needed to try to stay busy”

“Stop worrying. It’s going to turn out fine” V assured her.

The group gathered in the living room where Dahyun explained everything that happened between her and Yeseul in the bathroom the previous day.

“She really is evil” V stated.

“I always knew there was something wrong with her” Jimin announced.

“So you guys believe me?” Dahyun smiled.

Rapmon laughed “Why wouldn’t we?”

“Yeah, we’re your friends” Sua added.

“Thanks” Dahyun took a deep breath “So what do we do?”

No one had any ideas right away.

“Why not just barge on in during the ceremony?” J-hope asked.

Sua shook her head “No, too much of a scene”

“All we have to do is get Jungkook and Dahyun in a room alone together.” Rapmon told the room “We just need to give Dahyun time to explain.”

“Well that’s not going to be easy” Jimin said “Yeseul is practically glued to his side.”

“Let me worry about that” Sua insisted. “I’ll find some sort of wedding mishap to get her attention.”

“Okay while she’s doing that, Jimin and I will take care of Jungkook” V nodded.

Dahyun smiled “Thanks guys”

“No problem” Rapmon stood up “We better get ready then. We all have a wedding to crash”

-

Dressed in her awful bridesmaid dress, Dahyun got into Rapmon’s car and went straight to the wedding venue. The venue, selected by Yeseul, was a fancy ballroom used primarily for banquets and auctions.

“This place is the nicest building I have ever been in” Sua was staring wide-eyed at the décor.

Dahyun rolled her eyes. “Close your mouth, bugs might fly in”

Sua closed and pouted “I didn’t say I liked it”

Yeseul and the other bridesmaid, Jayoung, caught sight of Dahyun and Sua. “Dahyun!!!” Yeseul called. “I’m so glad you’re here”

Dahyun looked around for Jungkook but he was nowhere in view.

“Looking for Jungkook?” Yeseul knew what Dahyun was trying to do. “I sent him out on a couple of errands. He won’t be back until the ceremony.”

Dahyun was irritated by the smirk on Yeseul’s face, but tried to maintain a friendly composure. “Oh darn. I wanted to wish him good luck.”

“Yeah darn” Yeseul was enjoying Dahyun’s misery. “Dahyun, you should come take a look at the cake.”

“How about I meet you there?” Dahyun told her.

“Okay, ciao for now!” Yeseul left dragging Jayoung behind her.

“That witch!” Sua complained. “She knew you were going to try to talk to him.”

Dahyun shook her head. “I’m not giving up that easily”

-

Jimin and V got into their tuxes and meet up with Jungkook. They meet him in one of the rooms in the venue which was currently being used as his dressing room.

“Jungkook” Jimin ran urgently into the room. “Where’s Yeseul?”

Jungkook shrugged “I slipped away from her an hour ago.”

V let out a chuckle “You mean you ran away from her”

“I did not” Jungkook sat down and pulled out his phone.

“Dude, if you can’t stand being around her then why are you marrying her?” Jimin questioned him.

“What are you talking about? I like being around her”

“So why aren’t you with her now?” V stated.

Jungkook started playing a game on his phone. “She’s busy with wedding stuff. I thought it would be better if I let her do it on her own”

Jimin grabbed the phone out of Jungkook’s hand.

“Hey!” he whined.

“We need to talk” Jimin confronted him.

“So talk” Jungkook told them.

Jimin nudged V. “You go first”

V looked at him as if he had been betrayed. “I don’t want to go first”

“Fine. I’ll go” Jimin took a deep breath before begging “We don’t want you to get married”

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows “Don’t you guys think it’s a little late to be telling me this?”

“We didn’t tell you before because, well because you were so depressed after Dahyun left that we wanted you to be happy for once.” Jimin admitted.

 “Yeah, and when you started dating Yeseul you seemed a bit happier” V added.

“But then Dahyun came back and we realized that you really aren’t happy” Jimin continued “You and Dahyun were meant to be together”

Jungkook was speechless “Wow”

“I’m sorry man. We should have told earlier” V put a hand on his shoulder.

“I can break the news for you if you’d like me to” Jimin offered.

“I’m not calling off the wedding” Jungkook blurted out.

 Jimin lifted his eyebrows “You’re not?”

“I am happy. I know you two don’t think I am, but I am. I may not be as happy as I was in high school but that was the past. It’s time to move on” Jungkook took his phone back from Jimin. “Okay?”

“Okay” Jimin knew he couldn’t convince him on his own. “C’mon V” He and V left the room leaving Jungkook alone.