Something Old, Something New

Wedding Crashers

The next day Dahyun woke up feeling guilty and miserable. She slipped downstairs to eat breakfast with Sua and Rapmon.

“Good morning sunshine. You really slept in” Namjoon looked at the clock “It’s already past noon”

Dahyun grumbled and sat down at the kitchen table.

“Coffee?” Sua offered.

“Yes please” Dahyun agreed.

Dahyun watched Sua pour her a cup of coffee. She seemed unusually bright and cheery this morning.

“Namjoon, can you pass me the sugar?”

Rapmon passed her the sugar and they exchanged a wide grin. Sua poured the sugar into the coffee and handed it to Dahyun.

“Okay, what’s going on here?” Dahyun questioned them.  

Sua played dumb “What do you mean?”

Rapmon just shrugged and tried to change the subject “Weren’t you suppose to go with Yeseul to pick out flowers or something?”

Dahyun let out an irritated groan. The thought of seeing Yeseul made her feel sick to her stomach. “Since when did I become her new best friend? Huh? It’s not my job to hold her hand while she makes wedding decisions!”

“Okay, I didn’t say you had to go.” Rapmon could see she was upset. He knew he wouldn’t be able to figure out why so he decided to leave it to Sua. “I’m going to go watch TV.”

Sua sighed and sat across from Dahyun at the table. “You can’t just sit here and mope all day”

“Why not?” Dahyun frowned

“Because, you’re a bridesmaid. You’re going to have to face them sometime.”

Dahyun let her head drop to the table. “I don’t wanna” she wined.

“I have an idea!” Sua’s face lit up “Let’s go get a smoothie at that place you were telling me about. The one you used to go to after cheerleading practice.”

“Smoothie?” Dahyun lifted her head.

-

Sua and Dahyun borrowed Rapmon’s car and drove to the local smoothie shop. They got their drinks and were now looking for a place to sit. “The other cheerleaders and I always sat outside, right there” Dahyun was feeling the nostalgia.

“Right here” Sua sat down at the table Dahyun pointed at.

“Yep” Dahyun sighed “This is it”

“Dahyun!” a familiar voice called out.

Dahyun rubbed her eyes in shock. “Suga?”

“Suga?” Sua looked confused.

Suga approached them with a huge smile. “How have you been?”

Dahyun was still shocked from his appearance. In high school, Suga was the bad boy type. Always dressed in hip hop attire. But now he looked…nice. He was wearing jeans and a pastel colored polo. His earrings were gone and his hair was combed. “Suga? Is that really you?”

“Actually, I go by Yoongi now” He was still smiling from ear to ear. “It’s so crazy that I ran into you. What are you doing in town?”

“I’m here for the wedding” she responded.

“Jungkook’s wedding?”

“How do you know about that?”

“It was in the newspaper”

Dahyun expected Yeseul would do something like that. “Of course it was”

“Oh I’m sorry, I’m being rude.” Suga held out his hand to Sua “What’s your name?”

“Sua” She shook his hand, now happy she was included in the conversation.

“Nice to meet you.”

“I have an idea!” Dahyun beamed “Why don’t you be my date?”

Suga’s eyes popped open “Date?”

“Yeah, why not?” Dahyun decided it would be easier to show up to the wedding with a date then be alone. Plus, she was interested in getting to know the new Suga.

“Sure, I’ll do it” Suga agreed.

-

When they got home Dahyun crashed on the couch next to Rapmon. “You two are back early” he told them.

“Dahyun! I can’t believe you got a date to the wedding. Now what am I going to do?” Sua complained “I only came here for you”

“You got a date?” Rapmon asked.

Dahyun shrugged “yeah”

Sua pouted and crossed her arms. “Now I’m going to have to go alone”

“You won’t be alone. Just ask Namjoon to go with you” Dahyun suggested.

Sua froze and avoided Rapmon’s gaze. Her face was turning red from embarrassment “What?! That’s a crazy idea”

“I’d love to” Rapmon told her.

She looked at him with wide eyes “Really?”

“Yeah, it’ll be fun”

Sua’s heart began to pound out of her chest.

Dahyun rolled her eyes and stood up. “Okay, c’mon. We have to go get ready for Yeseul’s bridal shower sleepover”

Sua looked confused “We’re going to that?”

“Yeah, I’m a bridesmaid remember?”