An Unwanted Apology

Wedding Crashers

Sua and Dahyun went back to Rapmon’s house that night. Dahyun really didn’t want any reminder of that night when she awoke.

“Who wants pancakes?” Rapmon asked in an attempt to get Dahyun out of bed.

“I’m not hungry” She called out from under the covers.

“Oh c’mon Dahyun. Everyone is waiting downstairs” Rapmon begged.

Dahyun popped her head out from under the sheets “Everyone?”

“Yeah, I invited a friend over” Rapmon was hoping old friends would help cheer her up.

“Okay, I’ll get ready”

Rapmon smiled and held a fist in the air “Yes!”

-

Dahyun made her way downstairs to greet the guests.

“Dahyun, you remember my friend J-hope from high school right?” Rapmon re-introduced them.

“Yeah I do” Dahyun smiled “Nice to see you again!”

Together Rapmon, Sua, J-hope, and Dahyun laughed and enjoyed each other’s company. Then the doorbell rang. “It must be the pizza, I’ll get it” Dahyun offered.

“Make sure to give him a tip” Rapmon nagged her.

“Yeah, I know” Dahyun laughed and opened the door. But as soon as the door opened her smile instantly fell. “What do you want?”

Jungkook looked nervous. “Can we talk?”

Dahyun took one look back at the others and then directed her attention back to Jungkook “I’m kinda busy”

“It’ll just take a few seconds”

Dahyun was still hurt from what he said the previous night and she wasn’t yet ready to hear him out “I have to go” She tried to close the door but he stopped it.

“Dahyun please. I need to apologize”

“Why? So you can feel better about yourself? So you can feel less guilty?” Dahyun was filled with a stream of emotions “I don’t want your apology. I want you to live with your guilt.” And with that she shut the door in his face.

When she returned to her friends they were all staring at her. They all heard the conversation that just occurred. Dahyun fled upstairs to her room in embarresment. 

-

Dahyun hid in her room for the next few hours.

“Do you think she’s okay?” J-Hope asked.

“Yeah, I think so” Rapmon seemed unsure. “But maybe Sua should go check on her”

Sua nodded “I should, shouldn’t I?” Sua stood up and was about to make her way upstairs when Dahyun appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

Dahyun was dressed up in jeans and a nice top with her hair and make-up done. “What are you guys doing? Shouldn’t you be getting ready? We’re going to be late!”

Everyone was shocked at Dahyun’s persistence. “Dahyun?” Sua cocked her head to the side “What are you talking about?”

“Hurry up and get ready! We have a bachelorette party to go to” Dahyun insisted.

Sua, J-hope, and Rapmon all looked at one another in confusion.

-

The group of friends all arrived together at the local bar for the combined bachelor and bachelorette party. They meet Yeseul, Jayoung, Jungkook, Jimin, and V, who were all already there waiting out front for them.

“Why are the parties combined?” Sua asked. “Isn’t the point to enjoy your last night of being single away from one another?”

V shrugged. “If you ask me, it’s because Yeseul is afraid Jungkook will cheat on her.”

“Everyone gather around for a picture!” Yeseul called out. She gathered everyone together in front of the bar. “Dahyun, would you be a dear and take the picture?” Yeseul handed her the camera.

Dahyun felt she had no choice but agree. “Sure” Dahyun pointed the camera at the group “Say cheese!”

“Cheese!” They all shouted in unison. Dahyun smiled at the picture “Got it! You all look great!”

Yeseul took back the phone. “Oh it’s amazing! All right, let’s all go inside and start the celebrations.”

Everyone cheered and followed her inside.

Throughout the night Dahyun did her best to look like she was having a good time. On the outside she wanted to appear happy for Jungkook while hiding her true feelings. Jungkook wanted to speak to her and have the chance to explain himself but never saw the opportunity. Dahyun kept constantly avoiding him the whole night.

Soon the night was almost over and the festivities were coming to an end. People were getting tired and turning in for the night. Dahyun was sitting by herself at the bar and Jungkook to the initiative to sit next to her. “Hey” He uttered hoping she wasn’t still mad at him.

“Hey” Dahyun was too exhausted to yell at him anymore.

Jungkook took another sip of his drink. “You come here often?” he joked.

She let out a chuckle in response.

“Dahyun, what happened to us? We used to tell each other everything. Now, now we barely know each other”

“Honestly?” Dahyun could see the sincerity in his eyes. “I couldn’t. I couldn’t just keep on talking to you as if nothing happened. It just hurt too much.”

Jungkook sighed “You don’t think it was hard for me? I kept messaging you because the thought of you being out of my life hurt me more than just being your friend.”

“Yeah well, you didn’t seem to have any trouble moving on” Dahyun was tearing up.

“You’re the one who cut me out of your life!” his voice rose. “One day, you stopped taking my calls and replying to my letters. Do you know what that felt like?”

Dahyun fell silent.

“I moved on. Because you wanted me to” He was angry and Dahyun could see it.

“Then why tell me that you still love me?” Dahyun whispered.

The anger on his face left and was replaced with sorrow. “Because it’s true. I’ve always loved you, ever since the first minute I saw you.” He put his hand over hers “And I will always love you, no matter what. But it’s time to move on.”

Dahyun understood. Their high school romance had to come to an end. It was time for them to grow up and go their separate ways.