Broken Hearted

Wedding Crashers

The girls got ready in their PJ’s and made their way over to Yeseul’s house. They rang the doorbell hesitantly and waited.

Sua sighed “I’m so not in the mood to be here”

“Put on your smiling face Sua, only for a few more days and then we can go home” Dahyun assured her.

The door opened and Yeseul squealed in excitement “You’re here!!”

“We’re here!” Dahyun tried to match her lever of excitement.

“C’mon in! Hurry!” Yeseul ushered them inside and threw their stuff in a corner. “Hurry come look!”

Dahyun and Sua followed her into the living room where she had a chocolate fountain set up. “YES!” Sua shouted. Instantly she was hyped.

“Doesn’t take much to excite you huh?” Dahyun laughed.

Jayoung got up from where she was sitting on the couch “Hey girls!”

Jungkook came down the stairs with a backpack in his hands “Okay babe I’m leaving”

“Oh, Okay” Yeseul went over to him to kiss him goodbye. She aimed for his lips but got his cheek instead. The look of disappointment flashed across her face for a quick second but quickly changed back to her cheery mood.

Jungkook caught the sight of Dahyun but ignored her. “I’ll see you tomorrow”

Yeseul nodded “okay baby”

After he left Yeseul joined the other girls back in the living room. “He’s staying at Jimin’s so we can have privacy.”

Jayoung pulled out a bottle of wine and some glasses. “Let’s get this party started!”

-

Jungkook and Jimin went down to their local bar to watch the baseball game.

“She’s so controlling. I never get a say in anything” Once Jungkook got a few drinks in him he became an open book. “Dahyun never did that”

“So why not just break up with her?” Jimin offered him a way out.

“I can’t do that. We already paid for everything and our families are in town. I’d look like the bad guy”

“True” Jimin took another swig of beer. “Then I guess there’s nothing you can do”

Jungkook frowned “I hate this. Why did I agree to marry her in the first place?”

“Didn’t you ask her?”

“I did, but she suggested it” Jungkook sighed “She said either I asked her to marry me or she would break up with me”

“Looks like you have been her puppet since the begging”

“You’re right! I should put my foot down!”

Jimin put a hand on his shoulder “You just need to run over there and tell her you’re not going to let her be the boss of you anymore”

“Yeah! I’m going to do it!” Jungkook got up to leave but stopped “Which way is my house?”

-

After about five glasses of wine, the other girls were becoming quite tipsy. Dahyun decided to obstain from drinking to make sure she didn’t give out any secrets.

“Let’s play truth or dare” Jayoung offered “Who wants to go first?”

“I do!” Yeseul shouted. Her eyes were barely staying open. “Dahyun you ask me!” She swung her arms around Dahyun and hugged her.

Dahyun laughed “Truth or dare”

“Dare!” Yeseul laughed “make it crazy”

“Uh…” Dahyun didn’t know what to say.

“That’s a lame dare!” Yeseul yelled.

“She didn’t even say anything” Sua defended her.

Yeseul giggled “Oh!”

Jayoung was cracking up at her friend’s drunkenness.

“I have a dare for you!” Yeseul told Dahyun.

“But it’s your turn!” Dahyun pouted.

“I dare you to sleep outside!”

“Yeseul!” Jayoung scolded her “That’s mean! It’s cold out there!”

“It’s a dare! She has to do it!” Yeseul put her foot down.

“It’s okay, I’ll do it” Dahyun grabbed a bunch of blankets and made her way to the door. Truthfully, she’d rather sit outside in the cold then be inside with Yeseul.

Sua followed her to the door and whispered so only she could hear “I’ll come get you once the other two fall asleep”

“Thanks” Dahyun smiled “Enjoy the party”

“Yeah right” Sua said sarcastically.

Dahyun wrapped herself in blankets and plopped down on the grass. Outside she could hear the other girls laughing and yelling inside.

Minutes passed and Dahyun was becoming increasingly bored. She started resorting to counting the pieces of grass in her surrounding area. “22, 23, 24 ,25….Jungkook?” Dahyun could see Jungkook approaching her in the distance.

“Dahyunnie!” He gave a wide smile and sat down on the grass next to her. “Why are you outside?”

She could smell the alcohol on his breath. “Your fiancée dared me to sleep out here”

Jungkook laughed “That’s Yeseul alright!”

“What are you doing back here? Weren’t you going to spend the night at Jimin’s?”

“I came over here to tell Yeseul that I don’t want to be bossed around anymore!” He sounded like a kid.

“Uh huh, maybe you should wait until the morning. You’re both a bit too drunk for conversation right now” Dahyun advised him.

“Are you cold?” Jungkook wrapped his arms around her in an attempt to warm her up.

“I’m fine” Dahyun tried to shrug him off but her wouldn’t budge.

Jungkook’s mood changed and he became sad. “I’m sorry”

Dahyun looked into his eyes “For what?”

“Loving you”

Her heart dropped. Was this a confession? Dahyun had dreamed of hearing it and here it was. “Don’t be sorry”

“But I am, because we’ll never be together”

His words hurt like a knife. Dahyun pulled his arms off of her. “You should go”

“Dahyun”

“Leave! Go inside to your fiancée” Dahyun was angry and holding back tears.

“I’m sorry” Jungkook stood up, tears falling down his cheeks. He looked at the door and then decided it would be better if he went back to Jimin’s.

Dahyun waited until he was long gone before finally letting herself go. She cried until Sua came out to tell her that the others had fallen asleep. “Dahyun? What’s the matter?” Sua comforted her friend as best she could. But there was only so much she could do for a broken heart.