Meet my little brother!

Dramas, lies, tears. Welcome to the Teenage Years.

As another school  day went by, I quickly packed my bag and books and head out of the classroom. I went to the bathroom to untie my hair, letting the curls down. As i was heading out of the bathroom, i received a text message. I took my phone out of my bag and received a text from mum. 

Mum: 

Hey, i'm going over to your mamaw's house. Do you want to come over or stay? 

So, i texted back: 

Me: 

Nah, it's ok i should stay at home and finished up my assignment. Have fun! :-) 

I walked towards my locker to grab some of my books home. 

Mum: 

Alright then, see you later hun! xoxo 

I kept my phone in my bag and headed out of school. Everyone was hanging out at the entrance, playing the guitar, cheerleading, dancing. Guess everyone doesn't want to go home. I plugged in my iPod and blast some music as i made my way back home. The sun was shining brightly, no clouds were to be seen in the sky. The cool breeze made my hair play around in the air. I sighed in frustration as my iPod went low. I turned it off and began to continue my way back home with no music. I hear footsteps running towards me from behind. 

"Hey, wait up!" 

I turned around to see Hoya catching up with me. He smiled and walk side by side. 

"Hey" I replied. 

"Usually everyone hangs out after school. It's really rare to see someone going home straight" 

I laughed, "Well, i guess i'm not one of those people who "hangs out after school". I'm more to the "going home straight" I flashed him a smile. 

"Ah, i see.." Hoya nods his head. "So, what are you gonna do at home? Watch tv, play games..? Or.." He asked. 

"Well, i was actually thinking of finishing up my assignment.." I answered, shrug my shoulders.

"Ohoh, good student huh?" Hoya chuckled. 

"What about you? Aren't you going home or just "hanging out"? I asked. 

"There's nothing much to do at home really. My parents are busy with work and all that." 

"Don't you have any siblings?" I asked.

"Nope, i'm the only child" he sighed. 

"Oh.." I shot him a pitiful look. 

"What about you?" he asked. 

"I do have a little brother." I nod my head. "He's.. more like the shy ones. Always reading books, drawing, creating small airplanes.. ya know.. he doesn't really like playing games and all that. Not to his interest. Sometimes he tags along with my father go fishing." 

"That's a rare type of little brother. i guess he'll grow up to be the ace of his class." He smiled. 

"yeahh..speaking of my little brother, i have to go and fetch him from school. Come with me, i'll introduce you to him." I grab Hoya's hands and brought him to fetch my little brother from school. 

We arrived at the entrance to see my little brother running towards us with his lunchbox in his hands, a smile plastered on his face. 

I bent down and hug my little brother. 

"Hey, you little cutie! How's school?" I his hair. 

"School is fun!" he exclaimed. 

Hoya bent down next to him. "What's your name?" 

"Danny!" He grinned, hugging his lunchbox. 

"Aww, nice name you got there" Hoya pinches danny's cheeks. 

"Come on, let's go home. I'll make you your favourite hot chocolate with marshmallows!!" I exclaimed happily. 

"Yippeeee!" Danny jumps up and down, still hugging his lunchbox. 

"Let me carry your schoolbag and lunchbox for you" Hoya offered. Danny gave him his schoolbag and lunchbox and held both our hands. He told us what happen in school while we made our way home.