It's the start of a new day

Dramas, lies, tears. Welcome to the Teenage Years.

i reached out my hand to stop my alarm clock from ringing. sigh. it's school time and i haven't really pack my bag. thank god i set the alarm two hours earlier just to catch up on stuff. i pushed the duvet off me and slip into my slippers. i did my daily routine; bathe, brush my teeth, change into a new pair of clothes. since it was start of a new term, i decided to wear my jeans and a simple tank top with a brown coat on top. i grab my school bag and went down to the kitchen to have my breakfast. i sat down on the counter chair. 

"morning mum" 

"morning dear, have your breakfast and go to school. i'm going over to aunty zelda's house today so you should bring along the house key with you as im going to be late" 

"where's dad? did he left for work already?" 

"he just went out just now" 

i took the spoon in the cereal bowl and scoop up a mountful of cereal and shoved it into my mouth. nothin' better than the good old frosties. the computer beeped and i rushed over to open the chatbox emily had just sent me: 

Emily:

Hey, do you have your history assignment with you? i can't seem to find mine though..

Me: 

Yeah, it's with me. Don't tell me you left it in the garage again. 

Emily: 

Garage?.. oh yeah! God, i left it in the garage. you always know where i left my stuff. well see you in school!

i went back to the counter and drank my orange juice. i took my bag which was hanging on the chair and took the spare house keys. i kissed mum goodbye and wore my converse. 

i walk down the streets of my neighbourhood down the hill towards my school, East High. Well, i live in Salt Lake City, Utah. My school was big, with a great basketball team and the cheerleaders. I put on my headphones and popped a gum into my mouth. 

-School- 

The school corridors were buzzing with everyone talking about their school break. i went to my locker and unlocked it. Emily came up behind me. 

"Hey! Wassup!" 

"Gosh, emily! i miss you so much! how was your break?" *hugs*

"it was okay, jamming here and there. Yours?"

"Boring as usual. Glad to be back in school" *smiles*

"What's your first period?" 

"Theater. I miss it a lot" 

"how cool is that mine is history" *rolls eyes*

"Great, another long period with Mrs Darbus.. good luck with that Emily" 

the bell rang and everyone started to head towards first period. after saying goodbye to emily, i made my way towards the auditorium.