Rumpelstiltskin

Twins
Please log in to read the full chapter

Rumpelstiltskin

"I will give you three days time, if by that time you find out my name, then shall you keep your child."

 

A few days before the trip.

Blocked ID: Dear Rumpelstiltskin, you shall embark to the world of persuasion. For you are the pawn to the game. Persuade the others and you shall be rewarded but beware, never tell your name to the others or death will be your reward.

The phone slipped off his hands and he fell on his , staring at the phone. Shocked. Disbelief. Anything if you may say, he was scared for what he had read and what action would he take could be his death or his friends death.

‘or death will be your reward.’ It repeated in his head over and over again as his tears hit the floor. His hands shaking as he pick the phone back up, reading the text over and over again just to make sure that it was real and not just his imagination.

“This isn’t happening.”

 

 

It was past 8 and those that is in charge with food preparation is in the kitchen while the rest were scattered in the leisure room or at the backyard preparing the table. A series of knocking was heard and Hoseok— Jackson’s friend yelled, “I’ll get it!” He went to open the door and was shocked to see the people that came, “Oh hey. What are you guys doing here?”

“Who is it?” Mr Han asked as he stand beside him along with Jackson who had trail behind him. “My friends? Well sort of. They’re from my school.”

“Oh hello. I guess that the students that Mrs Na was talking about is you guys? My name is Taeyeon and these is my friends, Yoongi, Taemin and Sunny.” She pointed to each of them respectively. “So you must be the group that she was talking about?” Mr Han asked and they nodded. He invited them inside and showed them the room they were staying. “Wait for a moment. I’ll go get the keys for your rooms.”

Eunbyul had just got down and was about to go to the backyard when someone called her name. “Eun?” She turn around and look at Taeyeon who is softly smiling at her but she just face back front and walk away. “I guess you guys haven’t made up yet huh?” Hoseok awkwardly asked as he eyes the four of them who sadly stare at her fading figure.

Myungsoo who just got back from the lake with Jongin laughing and telling stories stopped when he saw the four of them. “Myungsoo!” Taeyeon greet and went to give him a hug. “Hello. I didn’t expect that you guys are the ones.” He awkwardly said and introduce Jongin to them.

“I heard a lot about you from him.” Jongin softly smile at Taeyeon and she reply it back, “Yeah, me too.” Mr Han came back with the keys and gave them the keys, “If you want, you can join us for dinner.”  

“Oh no. no. We don’t want to disturb your class trip plus we already ate and got some take out already.” Taeyeon shows the plastic bags that Yoongi was holding up. Another series of knocks caught their attention and Jongin excused himself. He opened the door but no one was there and when he look down, there was a black box with a red ribbon tied on it. He shrugged and pick the box up before closing the door back and bringing it to the living room.

“Who is it?” Mr Han asked when he notice that Jongin had return. “No one,” Jongin paused and lift the box up, “but I did find this box at the door step.”

Jinki who had just came from the backyard asked, “Who’s gift is that?”

“There’s no card on it.”

“Well, put it away first. Dinner’s ready.”

Everyone that is in the living room went out and Jinki went to tell the ones that is in their rooms or at the leisure room. Jongin put the box away and also went to the backyard where everyone is gather and there were a lot of foods on the table. Everyone was talking and laughing as they took their mind away from the misfortunes.  

Myungsoo who had just gotten down notice the box on the couch and pick it up. Somehow he had a feeling that he should open it but at the same time he doesn’t want to. He pull the ribbon off and open the box. There was a black coloured paper in the middle and straws surrounding it. He pick the letter up and tuck the box under his arm and walk out to the backyard as he open the letter. It was written with gold ink.

 

Welcome students of 3-A

Instead of a trip to heaven, this is a trip to hell.

As of the announcement from the day of the 2nd round, today is the day for Round 3.

Every one of you will be informed of your characters via kktalk messenger. Try guessing everyone’s character and you’ll be rewarded.

A greater reward awaits you if you can find Rumpelstiltskin and you’ll be the winner.

Protect your character as if it is your life or your life will be the one to be taken.

The game will end once you find Rumpelstiltskin.

Good luck!

Oh! And the other guests is also invited to guess.

 

The box slipped out under his arm and the content sprawled out to ground, filling it with straws. Myungsoo couldn’t help but let out a bitter laugh. It had almost felt like he’s going crazy or maybe that was what they want in the first place. The others who was eating heard him and they turn around to look at him curiously. Taeyeon and her friends were also there, courtesy of Mr Han who insisted them to.

“This is sick.” Myungsoo claimed as he grip the letter and it crumpled. Taeyeon who grew curious approach him and asked him to join them but then everyone’s phone blast off at the same time. Everyone except the guests.

Blocked ID: Round 3 starts now dear Cheshire cat ;)

Taeyeon look at him as he read the message on his phone and look at the others who were just staring at each other, too scared to read the message because the last time everyone’s phone blast off like this was the time where a video message was sent to them. Myungsoo let the letter go and it hit the ground, he look down and curses under his breath.

They say curiosity kills and Taeyeon had never been so curious about something as of today. Sure, she heard the news something about a serial killer on the loose killing students in Gangnam High but mainly it was in Myungsoo’s class, in which her boyfriend had also been the victim. Thus, she pick the letter up and read the contents out loud. The next thing was her phone and her friends and Seoul High’s students phone’s ringing at the same time.

The rest began to read their own message and each of them as what the letter had said had their own desire character. Some began to cautiously look at each other, quickly putting their phones inside their pockets and some just got up from the table and head inside who happened to be Hyoyeon but just as soon as she step inside the house, her scream resonated inside the house and birds start flocking off the trees. The wind seemingly grew colder by the second and everyone ran back inside the house.

Hyoyeon on the floor, cowering at the corner, her knees pull up near her face and her hands covering her eyes. There, near the couch was a dead raccoon laying on the floor with blood pooling around it and its guts sprawled out. The girls was already running to the nearest sink or toilet to let out their contents. Nauseas hitting them right at the spot. Eunbyul though had stayed along with the others, staring straight at the raccoon. Eyes that was empty and simply doesn’t have anything to display. She left the place and head back to her room.

“A-alright kids,” Mr Han stuttered as he try to think up for something quick, “Ms Gong, you can take the girls to their rooms and come on boys. We need to clean this up, I wouldn’t know what to explain to the lady if she find a dead raccoon in her house.”

“But shouldn’t we call the police?” Sunny suddenly voiced out her opinion, looking straight at Mr Han’s eyes but her eyes didn’t twinkle and her lips wasn’t smiling but all that she display was an empty look. No worries. No fear. No nothing, empty. Then as if something flicker in her eyes, Myungsoo thought he had saw it, that tinge of excitement and that slight lopsided grin that was almost visible yet it disappear within a blink.

“We can’t. The lady told me that there were several houses out here and the kids there likes to put pranks like this? For all we know, maybe that letter is also some prank that they do?” Mr Han stated but the last statement was more like a question rather than a statement itself. He let out a sighed. “It’s alr

Please log in to read the full chapter