Peter Pan

Twins
Please log in to read the full chapter

Peter Pan

“I suppose it's like the ticking crocodile, isn't it? Time is chasing after all of us.”

 

The sun is setting down, decorating the skies with beautiful streaks of red and orange. Myungsoo had been sitting in his class ever since school ended a few hours ago. He felt the need to stay and just think. Think about everything and about the reason why would someone do this to his classmates.

After they received two letters that regards about Hansel and the Nightingale, it was not until a few hours later did the police inform them that they found Youngjae’s house in fire and Jieun had her vocal cord mutilated. They found a body with a 4th degree burn, completely unrecognizable two days ago and a day after that Jieun was hurried to the ICU after drinking some type of poison that had caused her to lose her voice.

“Hey, you think we could finally go to neverland?”

Myungsoo’s eyes immediately flutter open as soon as he heard a voice followed with footsteps. He look around the class and saw no one, the sound of footsteps was getting louder and he knew that someone was walking outside of the class.

“Yes. We can.”

I’ve heard that voice before. Myungsoo thought as soon as a girl voice fill the air and the sweet scent of rose fill the air, sending cold shivers down his spine.

“I can’t wait for it.” A male softly chuckle.

“Taehyung?” Myungsoo whisper. He slowly got up from his seat and walk to the back of the class, slowly he open the door and saw two fading figures. One was a male, wearing the same uniform as him and the brown hair of the male seemingly felt familiar to him. “What are you doing so late in here Kim Taehyung?” He whisper as soon as he caught a glance of the said male. Myungsoo squint his eyes to look at the girl, the uniform she was wearing was a uniform from Seoul High. Odd. He thought as why would a Seoul High student be in Gangnam and when did Taehyung had a friend from Seoul High.

Myungsoo saw the two head to the staircase and softly snuck out of the classroom and followed them.

“We’ll finally be free.” Taehyung said, his voice soft and distant.

“Yes. We’ll finally be free.” The girl said as she turn to look at Taehyung, her hand went down to take a hold of his hand. There wasn’t much light from the stairs and their voice were bouncing of the walls, filling in the silent stairways. Myungsoo heard a door creak and was pulled open. The rooftop? He thought and instantly trail behind them, when he got to the door, the two were already standing at the ledge of the roof.

The girl soon turn her head around to look straight into Myungsoo’s eyes. Myungsoo’s whole body went rigid and stiff when she laid her eyes on his. That cold and empty eyes. He had an idea who the girl is but the mask she wore kinda mess with him. “Come on, let me sprinkle some fairy dust on you.” The girl smile, her eyes crinkle in beautiful crescent moon shapes.

Myungsoo want to stop them but it felt like he was glued to ground as he watch the two. The girl lifted her hands and beautiful specks of gold dusts sprinkle all over the male. The sun shining on the dusts making it look somehow breath-taking.

“Now there, my turn.” She said as she put her hand inside her blazer’s pocket, pull it out and place her hand over her head. The gold dusts softly fall on top her head and shining beautifully.

“We can finally fly, Soonkyu.” Taehyung said as a smile decorated his face. The first smile that Myungsoo ever seen on the male’s face but then he tilted his head when he heard the girl’s name. It doesn’t ring a bell but her figure does.

“My Peter pan.” She whispered and before Myungsoo could do anything, Taehyung had jumped off the ledge, his arms wide open as he embraced the wind with his eyes closed and a smile grace his face. “Taehyung!” He yelled and run to the ledge but when he got there, Taehyung had already hit the ground, blood slowly pooling around him.

Fuel with anger, Myungsoo’s hands form into fists and he swung it to the girl direction but she jump away from him and softly landed behind him. Not even a sound was emitted from it, the wind blowing, leaving Myungsoo aghast by the action. His eyes wide as he turn around to look at the girl. “W-who are you!?” He yelled as he look up at the girl. The sun was right behind her and the wind blew softly against her long blonde hair. A small smirk linger on her lips and both her hands were clasp behind her.

“Tinkerbell.” She said and she made a flip, softly landing on the ground. She took small steps towards Myungsoo, taunting him with her eyes that says “You can save him but you didn’t say anything until the last moment.”

“You’re behind all this murders!?” Myungsoo asked as he swung his fist towards her but she dodge it  easily, her body move as fluid as a feather that is falling from the sky. “You can say that.” She smirk and before he could land a punch on her, she ran off to the roof, running through the school’s roof and finally disappear from his sight.

 

 

The school is filled with police officers and reporters. Taehyung’s body is covered with a black plastic while surrounding it was a yellow tape. Myungsoo is just right behind the yellow tape as Detective Lee talk with him.

“There’s a girl with him. She’s wearing Seoul High’s uniform.” Myungsoo answered as to the question to who he saw with Taehyung. “And they’re talking about Neverland and those kind of things. She also said that she’s Tinkerbell.” He sigh as he ran a hand over his hair. Detective Lee nodded and wrote something in his notebook. “What are you doing in the school anyway?” He asked.

“Nothing. I just don’t feel like going home.” Myungsoo answered and soon after, Jongin’s voice linger in the air. Detective Lee thanked him for his cooperation and excused him. “ Myungsoo! What the hell happened!?” Jongin asked as soon as he got a hold of Myungsoo.

Myungsoo let out a sigh as the two walk away from the scene, some reporters tried asking him questions but Jongin dismissed them, saying, “Please, he’s not up to answering questions.”

The two walk out of the school and slowly made their way towards a coffee shop. “He jumped off the roof without a thought, Jongin. He even smiled as if it was the best decision that he ever made.” Myungsoo said as his fist tighten, his knuckles turning white. “And that girl. That girl, I know I knew her from somewhere.”

The bells that was placed on the door of the coffee shop jingles as they push it open. The aroma of the coffee fill their scents. “Oh. Myungsoo!” Myungsoo’s ears perk up as he heard his name being called. He look up and saw Taeyeon with her group of friends. There among her friends were someone that caught his attention. Sunny. He thought while Taeyeon got up and pull him to seat with them while Jongin went ahead to order some beverage. “Where did you come from?” Taeyeon asked as soon as he took the seat.

“School.” He muttered as he look down to his palms.

“Poor kids, such bad things happened to those students at Gangnam.” A customer that is sitting a few tables away from them said. “Yeah. My uncle is one of the officers involved in the investigation, he said that it’s probably an act of revenge.” Another one said.

Jongin came placing two cups of coffee, one was an Americano and the other was a latte. He took the other seat in between Myungsoo and Taemin. His ears perked up when he heard the voice from the tv.

“We are here at Gangnam High, reporting a murder case that had been going on for a month. There is already 8 murders including one teacher and one case of voice mutilation.” The female reporter’s voice fill the whole coffee shop as there wasn’t that much of people. “Did someone die again?” Yoongi asked as he took a sip of his coffee.

Myungsoo look up to see Yoongi staring at him but just like his empty voice, his eyes was empty too but deep inside his eyes, Myungsoo saw something flicker in it. Was it hatred?

“Don’t be so rude Yoongi.” Sunny mutter as she take a bite from the cheesecake that is in front of her. Myungsoo’s eyes immediately land on hers, looking straight into the familiar eyes and that blonde hair of hers. He clenched his fist and direct his eyes down to his cup of Americano. It couldn’t be her. Ther

Please log in to read the full chapter