Humpty Dumpty

Twins
Please log in to read the full chapter

Humpty Dumpty

 "When I use a word,it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

 

Myungsoo is talking with Irene about yesterday’s homework when Baekhyun had come in the classroom, panting as if he had just ran a lap around the school’s field. He stop right in front of the two and hungrily inhale some air before he start talking while his eyes were looking all around, “About Eun— I’ll tell you later.”

Then he quickly went to his seat and after that Eunbyul was at his side too. Myungsoo didn’t know what he had wanted to tell but he was sure it would be something regarding Eunbi or Eunbyul? One thing Myungsoo had noticed was Eunbyul wasn’t a talker and just does her thing. Class start soon and Baekhyun was constantly anxious, everyone that is near him seems to notice and even the teacher had to asked him to stop clicking his pen or stop tapping the floor with his feet.

Lunch break came and before Baekhyun got to call for Myungsoo, he had gotten out of class as the teacher had call for him. Deflated by the news, he could only hope he got to tell him the news that he heard. Baekhyun had gotten out of class and went to the toilet when someone covered his mouth with a cloth and was it chloroform that he had smelled. His eyes slowly flutter closed and he lost consciousness as he fell on the person behind him.

 

 

After his history teacher— Mr Han talk to him, Myungsoo had immediately went to the class to look for Baekhyun but he wasn’t there so he decided to go to the cafeteria instead, again, he was never at the cafeteria. He had asked if someone had seen him but no one had seen him and with that lunch break ended and everyone went to their respective class.

Class starts like the usual but with an exception that Baekhyun had been missing. It was not until the last period that there was a deafening scream and everything went by too fast for Myungsoo. Youngjae who had been sitting beside the windows saw whatever that has fallen and he was sure he had seen his friend. Without a warning, Youngjae got up and look at Myungsoo, “Baek.” was all he said before he ran out of the class and down the stairs to the side of the building. What he saw after that made his stomach churned and bile was threatening to come out. Myungsoo who was just right behind him cursed, other students who had heard the scream had gather around. The girls screamed and there were some who immediately walk away from the scene. There Byun Baekhyun laid on the ground in such a twisted position, it was an immediate death, blood had pooled around him. Myungsoo who had look up could only get a glimpse of a shadow and a piece of paper followed suit, dropping into the pool of blood.

Suho who was next to the two had gotten closed and with trembling hands, he pick the piece of paper, eyes wide as a saucer and the piece of paper slipped off his hand as soon as he finished reading it. The paper lied down on the floor, covered with blood— except now it is no longer chicken blood but Baekhyun’s.

 

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

But in this case, it’s Baekhyun. Oops!

 

The police officers that was appointed to the school had come and immediately contacted the forensics along with the detective in charge. A few minutes later, they arrived and each and every one of them were interrogate and was requested to provide an alibi. Myungsoo who was being interrogate by one of the officers had laid his eyes on Eunbyul. She was also being interrogate but that pair of eyes, that pair of eyes doesn’t give off the same vibe as Eunbi did. While Eunbi’s was rather warm, hers was cold and empty. What the students of class 3-A knows is that things had gotten out of control.

Ah~ Now that death and life is involve, is it fun to play?

 

 

Classes finished and everyone didn’t ran out of the class like how they used to. They were also silent. There is a lot of white flowers from roses to tulips and baby breaths on Baekhyun’s table. A week had passed since his funeral that took place two days after his death. It was a tragic thing to happen, the detective told us that his death wasn’t accidental or that someone had push him and that he actually jumped off from the roof but no one believes it. Byun Baekhyun was a cheerful kid, he was someone that you can trust to lift your spirits up, a friend that would always be by your side whenever you needed him, his stupid jokes although is a stupid one still made his friends laugh, his silly acts and everything, he is a kind man and for this thing to happened to someone like him was unbelievable and they choose to believe that he didn’t commit suic

Please log in to read the full chapter