Sleeping Beauty

Twins
Please log in to read the full chapter

S​leeping Beauty

"In the princess's fifteenth year she shall prick herself with a spindle and fall over dead."

 

Myungsoo came to school only to see the police car and an ambulance. He approached the crowd and asked what happened,“Choi Sooyoung from class 3-B was found dead in her class. They said that it was a suicide and there was a letter on her desk too.”

Choi Sooyoung.

Myungsoo was sure he had heard that name once before but because of his lack of attention towards unimportant things, he couldn’t know who it was well not until he took a detour and used the other staircase which has less student. He found Youngjae sitting at a bench and he was covering his face with his hands, his hair is a mess and he look like he lost something so important. It reminded Myungsoo of him when he found out about Eunbi’s death. “Why did she have to do this?” Youngjae whispered.

“Choi Sooyoung.” The name rolled of his lips in a whispered manner and the memories of Youngjae excitedly telling him that the girl that he had a crushed on two years ago finally accepted him. Myungsoo took the seat beside him and place his hand on his shoulder, giving it a grip, assuring him that he’s here for him. He look up, “She was just fine yesterday and I was going to meet with her before school starts but then.. b-but then she was hanging off a rope. I read the letter and it was definitely not her b-but it’s her handwriting.”

“What did the letter says?”

“She says that she’s sorry and she had to do this because she couldn’t bear the guilt anymore.”

“What guilt?”

“Did you forget? Your girlfriend was the one who saved my Sooyoung from getting bullied. Eunbi got bullied then after that and Sooyoung just stays quiet because she’s afraid to speak up and if she does, she’s gonna end up where she were again. So she was feeling guilty about it.”

Don’t you see it pretty boy?

Myungsoo’s hand that was on his shoulder fell down upon realization. Choi Sooyoung. He didn’t hear it first from Youngjae but he had heard it from Eunbi, from his beloved Eunbi. He still remember what she had said with bright eyes and a wide smile, “I don’t mind. I saved someone.” Myungsoo had always thought that Eunbi is way too kind, she didn’t mind getting bullied in place for someone’s else safety. It was kind of absurd if he must say. “I don’t know Jae. I have a bad feeling with what’s going on lately.”

Quick pretty boy.

.

.

Quick before the witch catches you.

 

 

A few days later, Ms Gong came in. Grief was clearly on her face and everyone notice how Minah isn’t in her seat. “I’m sorry to tell you but we have just lost a friend last night. May Ms Bang’s soul rest in peace.” Everyone in the class grew silent. Shock was evident on their face and then someone yelled, “No. No!” By now, everyone’s eyes were on Jinri. On her table was a red letter that had been open.

 

Say no more sleeping beauty

For she was gifted with beauty and a beautiful voice

And dear sleeping beauty

Fear no more and fall into a deep sleep

Your true love will come and wake you up

Wouldn’t he?

 

Myungsoo who was the nearest and that had gone to Jinri was the first to read the content, with fear completely shown in his eyes, he look at Ms Gong, “How did Minah died?” “They said that she overdosed from sleeping pills and proclaimed it as suicide.” Someone had read the content of the letter as soon as it slipped out of Myungsoo’s hand and the girls started panicking.

Faster pretty boy.

.

.

You need to think fast.

 

 

Everyone looks like they haven’t slept for days, as if they had been awake after Minah’s death. Baekhyun’s and Minah’s desk is always filled with fresh flowers as if they remember them up until now. Maybe they did. Everyone seems so tired yet none wanted to fall asleep. Those that had been sleeping in classes were also wide awake, in such way that no one was ever asleep again. Fear of being in a fate like one of their friends were strong.

Everyone was scared, there were rumours about Eunbi wanting revenge. Everyone knows what had happened from the day Eunbi defend the outcast and the fate that she had been given.

Myungsoo still couldn’t believe that his best friend— Baekhyun is gone and so does Minah, and the fact that Jongin is still in a coma felt like a dream— or rather a nightmare and he had really wish that this was all a joke that the school had prepare just to make the students loosen up from the pressure of the finals being near but he knows that it was an absurd wish.

It was when the whole class gone dark when he had snap out of his thoughts. The only source of light comes from the teacher’s laptop. Mr Im was about to ask someone to turn the lights on when there was a long white line that blinks on the screen and there was the sound of typings.

HELLO ;)

CURRENT POINTS

3:0

“Three?” Krystal voice out. Confusion was what painted on their faces and Mr Im grew panic, he was trying to shut the laptop down but it was as if the laptop was control by someone else. You might think that the power is at the laptop itself but what if the thing that is currently displaying on the screen didn’t come from the laptop.

The screen suddenly show a picture. A class picture. 1-A was written down the photo. There were three X’s on the photo. Myungsoo stares at the photo that he once recognize as his old clas

Please log in to read the full chapter