The Big Bad Wolf

Twins
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Big Bad Wolf

"All the better to eat you with!"

 

It’s the weekend and as soon as Jongin got a text message from Jongin’s sister that he had finally woken up, he had taken a taxi and went straight to the hospital. He came running to the hospital and saw his sister— Kim Joori, standing at the hallway. “Where is he?” Myungsoo asked as he inhale air, panting as he stood in front of her. “They’ve transfer him to another room.” and the two had went to Jongin’s new room. She open the door and Myungsoo could see him lying in the bed in his hospital gown, his left arm in a cast as he was facing the windows, looking at who knows what.

At the sound of the door, Jongin turn around and as soon as he saw Myungsoo, he broke out in a huge smile— his famous grin. Myungsoo let out a relieved sigh at it and walk towards the bed, “Glad you finally wake up.” The door to the room was opened again and came in a panting Youngjae, “tard finally decided to wake up.”  The other two look at him and burst out but Jongin stops soon and it was replaced with moan of pains. “You guys shouldn’t make me laugh.” Youngjae took the other spare chair in the room and sat beside Myungsoo as they talk about random things. Jongin mostly have noticed that they didn’t mention someone’s name and whenever they almost say it, they would change it to another word and Jongin find it weird for them to do it, weirder when the person haven’t appeared.

“Anyway, where’s Baek?” Myungsoo and Youngjae could only look at each other and back to Jongin, they try to change the topic but no one could stop Kim Jongin from asking about his best friend’s whereabouts. Why wouldn’t he? The two had been friends ever since they were in diapers and if anything had happened, in this case Jongin finally woke up from his coma, Baekhyun would be the first one he see because it has always been him. Only when they were 10, they finally met Youngjae and Myungsoo. “Where is Baekhyun?”

“About that..” Myungsoo begin as his eyes look at the white bed sheets. “No one tell you the things that happened at school right?”

Can the bright Kim Jongin accept the death of his best friend?

 

 

Myungsoo went to school with a heavy heart yet at the same time it is the day Jongin will finally be back at school. He was entering the school when he felt like someone was watching him from the left but when he look at the place, there was no one else except for some students lingering at the vending machine. “What are you looking at?” Jongin all of a sudden appear in front of him, sort of giving him a shock but Myungsoo is an expert in hiding his shock. He could lie easily with that straight face of his. He shrugged at the question and lightly smile at Jongin. “Anyway, we have to go somewhere this weekend.”

Youngjae too all of a sudden came in between the two, “Where?” “Are you trying to send me back to the hospital Jae?” Youngjae shrugged and place his arm on both of his friends shoulder, “It’s not like you have a heart disease.” “I could have!”

 

 

It’s the weekend. To be exact, today is sunday and Jongin is in front of an orphanage. He’s waiting for Myungsoo and Youngjae. Two days before, he had told them the address but he never told them what place is it. A couple of minutes later, Myungsoo arrived and he gave a questioning look at him, wondering why are they in front of an orphanage. They waited for another 30 minutes but Youngjae never came. They had try calling his cell but it only went into the voicemail. Jongin suggested to just go ahead with the plan and tell Youngjae later what they found. While they were waiting, he had told Myungsoo why they were here. To be honest, after he received the news of Baekhyun’s death, he didn’t take it well but well Jongin wasn’t the type to go sad and depressed for that but instead he was determined to find out the culprit so two days after that, he had asked his father for a favour.

Jongin’s father is the head officer at Seoul’s Police Department and he had used it to get information about Eunbyul— to which he had found out that she was adopted when she was 6 by the Jung’s. He had also got the address of her orphanage. As soon as the two enter the orphanage’s compound, kids start to surround them. Jongin gladly play with them and sometimes asking them questions while Myungsoo, well he was reluctant at it and stay at the side, watching his friend playing with the orphans.

“Why aren’t you playing with the kids young man?” A voice asked. Myungsoo turn to his right and saw an old lady, probably in her 60s stare at the kids. “I’m not that fond of kids.” “That’s a pity then. Now what can I help you and your friend with?” Jongin who was playing soccer with the kids stop as soon as his eyes land on his friend who was talking with the lady, who he had thought is probably the guardian or the keeper. She led them inside the house and asked them to take a seat as a girl came in with a tray of drinks. She was staring at the glass as she took little steps to the table and when she got there, she place it down and let out her breath, probably scared that she the glass would fall or something. “Thank you for your help Harin.” Jongin who had played with the kids instantly take the cold refreshment and down it at once.

“So why do you two young gentlemen want to know about our Eunbyul?” The old lady started with a smile. “Her sister sent us to find her.” Jongin lied because what else are they going to say? That Eunbyul was suspected to be the cause of their misfortune? Who would believe? “Ah~ You mean Eunbi? Is she fine?” The assumptions about them being sisters or twins is true and they had thought that for an old lady that is probably in her 60s sure do have a good memory. “She’s perfectly fine. She asked us to find out about her sister.” Jongin said as he munch on the biscuits while Myungsoo’s eyes landed on a photo that was on the table. The old lady pick up the photo that he was looking at, “This three were the first to be here. Here’s Eunbi and the other one is Eunbyul and the boy, I couldn’t remember his name. It was their first photo after I had bought a camera.”

“Those three never leave each other sides. If the twins is there then he will also be there. I remember that Eunbyul wouldn’t come out of her room for two weeks when she find out that Eunbi and the boy is going to be adopted.” She chuckled as her hand went over the frame. “Eunbyul still comes here time by time to help this old lady. It was sweet of her. I never hear any news about the other though until you two came.” She place the photo down back and look at them

“Can we take this picture? Eunbi would have love it.”

 

 

Myungsoo is getting anxious and worried about his best friend whereabouts. After the day that he and Jongin had visited the orphanage— note that they didn’t exactly get a clear answer; they haven’t been able to contact Youngjae, even when he had gone to his house, no one was there though. Myungsoo knows that his parent is always busy with work and they rarely comes home since their job is all around the world. Youngjae doesn’t like moving from place to place so he stayed home when he was 11— though his parent’s had hired a maid but neither was the maid was at home when Myungsoo had gone to his house. Even weirde

Please log in to read the full chapter