Prince Charming

Twins
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prince Charming

"The unknown girl has eluded me, and I believe she has climbed up the pear tree.

 

 

It didn’t stop just at the cassette player and sudden confession from Im Yoona being played throughout the school. On that day, the police officers that was on duty had gone to the studio but only to find a cassette player being played near the microphone.

It was on the next Friday when the school’s speaker was buzzing with Sunny’s voice and was soon followed with voices of people calling names towards Im Yoona and there would always be a picture of class 1-A along with the cassette player.

The same thing repeated on every Friday for a few weeks. The murdering had also stopped along the way but nevertheless, Myungsoo had it worse. Ever since the first time he heard about Im Yoona, he had always gotten home to a trail of black roses being scattered from the footsteps of his front door up till his room. In his room was a black box that contains a picture of him with Eunbi but the area of his face was scarred with a big fat X, which he had assumed was made by a knife or something sharp. Sometimes it was made with a red marker or even with blood.

He had immediately called the police and handed it to them despite a card was placed inside the card with words, Tell or one disappears.

It was not until the next two days did he finally understand the warning. A classmate of his was found missing the night before and he couldn’t even remember how the said classmate of his looks like.

On the same day after he found out about his classmate went missing, he had come back home at the same thing. A trail of black rosses and a black box except that it wasn’t a picture of him and Eunbi but a bracelet that he had given to Eunbi, back when they reached the 100 day mark of being a couple. Eunbi rarely wore that bracelet since she usually wore the one that he had given to her when he first asked her out officially, which was the bracelet that he used to wear and finally found in his locker with a bunch of letters. There was also the same card with the same words left in the box too and this time Myungsoo took it seriously and kept it to himself.

For every two days, he would get a new black box with an accessory that he had gave to Eunbi, or a clothing or even a picture of the two. As time goes by, the black box doesn’t only contain an item along with a card but also sometimes it was filled with broken shards of glasses or razors, occasionally there would be pills in it. Sometimes the piece of clothing was torn and taint with blood.

It was not until a month or two did the last box came. He had known it because on the day he received it, another classmate of his had gone missing. The police had sent out a search team along with forensics to find any evidence in their house. Unlike the previous boxes, this one has a card with The last one written on it. Along with the card was a cassette player.

At first, it was Eunbi’s soft laughter that was filling the empty room and slowly she was singing. Singing the same song that he had told her to sing for him and when it ended, it was dead silence but the cassette player was still playing.

Just when he was about to press the stop button, he heard another voice.

“Kim Myungsoo~ Kim Myungsoo~ Ah~ How foolish of you?”

Sunny. Myungsoo thought as his grip on the player tighten, he had thought that who else could have done all of this if it wasn’t her.

“I want to play with you but it’s time to stop playing so tomorrow after school. Bring all of your classmates to the studio in Incheon. A text with the address will be sent to you right when the school bell rings.  And please, please, don’t bring the cops. Wouldn’t you want to save your friends? Or are they really your friends since you do think highly of yourself and you actually don’t care about anyone else? Well, except for yourself and maybe your three best friend.”

Sunny then laughed, sending shivers down his spine and making him feel like she was breathing right down at him and speaking directly beside him. It seems like it as the cold air suddenly blows down his neck.

 

 

All it take was to open the door and take one step and he’ll be out of the house but Myungsoo was contemplating whether he wanted to go to school and face reality or just skip school and stay home. Just when he was about to closed the door back and stay home, his phone rang, signalling a text message.

Blocked ID : Rise and shine Myungsoo! Don’t even think about skipping school, xx.

Myungsoo swallow as he place back his phone inside the pocket of his pants and walk out of the house. As soon as he arrived at the school, Jongin was already at the gate, waiting for him. “Want to hit the arcade later?” Jongin asked, despite their situation but Myungsoo could clearly see that he was just trying to stall him from asking about the thing regarding Sunny. Even Hyoyeon avoided Myungsoo.

The two had said that they knew why they were going through such hell but later on, none would utter a word of their previous statement and would just avoid the topic itself. Myungsoo thought that he would just let them be and wait for the two to tell him himself without forcing the two. Even when his life is at stake and thought that everything would be so much easier if they would tell him the reason.

At that day when he first heard of Im Yoona, he thought that the name was familiar but no matter how much he try to search for the memory, he couldn’t find it. Even when the tape clearly shows that he knew of the girl.

Myungsoo was confused and he felt like he was fighting a war of his own but if his best friend needed the time to tell whatever Jongin was trying to hide, he would give him.

It was when recess time did Myungsoo addressed to all of his classmates regarding the matter of the black boxes that he had received at home. Krystal had thought that it might be a trap to set them all up and the ever so asleep Seungyoon had said, “Let’s just go and get it over with.”

And the class clown, Dongwoo who tend to make a fool out of himself, for once had speak up with seriousness lace in his voice. “We need to save them right? If it is true that Jackson and Himchan was kidnapped by Sunny..”

Now that he had said of the two males name, Myungsoo suddenly remember that he haven’t seen Jackson for a while. He had known the male for a while since Youngjae was quite fond of the male. While for Himchan, he wasn’t sure if he had heard of the male or even spoken to the male before. Not that he spoke to any of his classmates except for the three males that is his best friends.

All the students of 3-A, well what is left of them anyway had got into a heated discussion of whether to go or not when Myungsoo’s phone ring again. He took them out and slide the screen, punch his passcode in and open the message.

Blocked ID : How’s the discussion going? Make sure you get every one of them, Myungsoo. And please, don’t forget about the beloved Ms Gong, xx.

Myungsoo cursed, causing everyone to stare at him and he threw his phone on the table. Krystal move towards him and pick the phone up, reading the message to everyone in the room. He ruffles his hair as he let out a sigh, cursing at God or at whoever is up there that is putting him in this kind of — in this up .

Lately, with all of this horrendous events going on, Myungsoo haven’t thought of Eunbyul at all since he found out that Sunny was behind everything, causing him to put her aside but now, he lift his head up and look over at the said girl. Her big brown eyes staring right at him. He knew that the eyes felt so familiar, like it was Eunbi’s. Everything about the said girl just felt like Eunbi, herself but Eunbi wasn’t the type to dye her hair in that bright colour, that would make her stand out. Though, Myungsoo had known that Eunbyul’s hair was her original hair colour, not dyed.

Deep down inside him, his guts was telling him that, that bright haired girl is involved with all of this, in a way or so. Myungsoo just doesn’t have the proof nor have he seen her involved with it personally. It doe

Please log in to read the full chapter