Part 여덟

The Most Beautiful Moment In Life 화양연화
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Special appearance by:

Gfriend Sowon as Kim Sojung (Seokjin's younger sister)

 

Seokjin's POV

I'm the oldest in my family so I bear all the responsibility. I have 1 younger sister - Sojung,  1 younger brother - Jiseok and halmeoni who is of old age that I need to take care of. Jiseok is born blind so he need extra care than other children of his age. I also take up part time job after school and on weekend to support my family. I am the sole breadwinner in my family as our parents passed away very early so our halmeoni raise us up. But I'm always glad that both of them are really obedient and sensible. 

 

I came home from my part time work today and Sojung said she want to have a talk with me. 

"Oppa, can I take up a couple of part time job to help out our family too? I'm 16 years old which is old enough to start working." 

"Alright then. But you can only take up 1 part time job okay? Because oppa don't want you to tire yourself and struggle to juggle between school and your part time work." 

"Okay, no problem! I know our oppa is the best!!! Let's go for dinner now~ I have prepared some dishes that oppa like~" Sojung cutely winked at me.

"Thanks dongsaeng~" I ruffled Sojung's hair while smiling. 

 

"I'm home, halmeoni~" I greeted halmeoni with a deep bow before taking my seat next to Jiseok on the floor. 

"Oh, you're home, Seokjin ah~ Quickly start eating before the dishes turned cold." Halmeoni wanted to scoop the soup for me but Sojung said she will do it instead.

"Hyung~~~" 

"Jiseok~ How's school today?" I carry him to sit on my lap. 

"It was fun and I learn a lot of new things today." Jiseok beamed brightly.

"That's great! Hyung is glad to know that you had fun in school." I ruffled Jiseok's hair. 

"Oppa, will you be able to attend parent-meeting session at around 3pm tomorrow?" 

"Sure. I will inform my manager that I will report to work much later tomorrow." 

Halmeoni, Sojung, Jiseok and not forgetting the kids are what motivates me to keep going and remind me to never give up regardless of how hard our life might be. I can't imagine losing any of them because all of them are equally important to me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter