Part 셋

The Most Beautiful Moment In Life 화양연화
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook's POV

"Jungkook, appa have brought you some reference books about law. Do read it during weekends." Appa passed me two paper bags full of thick reference books. 

I think I am going to faint if appa continuosly bought these law books which I have no interest in at all.

"Appa, don't you think it's too early asking me to read these books when I haven't even graduated from high school??? You must be kidding me." 

"It's always better to start early, son. Furthermore, you're graduating in about 8 months time. You need to start gaining your knowledge so that you will be able to pass the law theory exam next January." 

"Your omma is right. You're our only son and you need to become a lawyer like the rest of your cousins. So you can't make us lose face because I'm the only one who didn't have the capability to become a lawyer like your uncles and aunts." 

"You must do us proud, son. So that we won't be despise by anyone in the family again."

"Whatever then." I just let out a dry laugh and locked myself in my room.

My real interest is music and my dream is becoming an underground rapper not a lawyer. I won't listen to my parents this time round because it's my own dream. No one can manipulate my dream except for myself. 

I called Namjoon and asked him to hang out together at the nightclub where underground rappers usually perform. Just like me, Namjoon adore hip hop music too. I lied to my parents that I'm going to Namjoon's house to study with him and might be staying there overnight. 

 

Namjoon and I went to the nightclub, jamming to our favourite hip hop music all night long. We were even invited to the stage to perform for the audiences since the two of us are regular customers there.

"It have been a while since we are here, isn't it?" I started playing with the straw on my drink.

"Yeah and I can see that you aren't in a good mood today. What happened?" 

I knew very clearly that I can't hide my emotions from Namjoon and the rest of the group because all of us just knew each other too well.

"My parents kept on forcing me to study law but as what you know, I have no intention of becoming a lawyer at all. All I want is to be an underground rapper, that's all." I started getting worked up.

"Hey Jungkookie, cool down. I think you should sit down with your parents one day and tell them honestly. Instead of getting angry, there might still be some room for negotiation. And you know, all 7 of us will be supporting you no matter what decision you made." Namjoon put his hand on my shoulder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter