Mistake

Diamond Life | Limited Slots for Requests | Read last chapter.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


He promised you he would never see her again. He promised he wouldn't even give her a second of his time. He promised you he would go as far away as possible the moment he sees her. But he lied. He did the exact opposite of his promises and it made your heart ache.
You were never an unreasonable or jealous lover. You were quite reasonable as a matter of a fact. But there was one thing you would not tolerate, breaking of promises. Maybe it's because of your father who always promised your mother he would do this or that, but always failed before he eventually ended up leaving you and your mom.
Jeon Wonwoo promised you, even though you did not ask or mind it, that he would never see his ex fiancée, his past lover of four whole years. He said it one day when you were feeling blue and insecure of yourself. She had nothing to do with it but he brought it up himself. He knows you think highly of her, Park Hyeri, the summa laude of your college batch, who is now the youngest CEO of a book company. You weren't even thinking of her that moment but then you did the second he mentioned her name. It ate you up even more, but he promised you. He comforted you.
But he lied. What's worse is they were caught by some scandal-hungry reporters. You had to find out through newspapers! Pictures of them giving each other what was most likely a friendly hug were everywhere. There was even a picture of Hyeri resting her hand on top of Wonwoo's. You could see it in her eyes, the desperate longing. In his, you could never tell in pictures. It was best face to face. You wouldn't have mind if he told you. You wish he had right away but the pictures that were released were supposedly taken weeks ago. Why didn't he tell you? You would have been still mad but not like this... And you wouldn't have mind at all if he never promised you such a reckless promise but he did. He promised.
"I'm so sorry," he said the moment he laid his eyes on you
"For what?" You scoffed, "For this?" You threw the newspaper on the floor.
He tried to approach you but you would always take a step back.
"Wonwoo, don't. Just don't," you were shaking
"Let me explain," his voice cracked
"I told you not to make promises with me, Wonwoo. I told you that promises are always being broken. I told you to not get my hopes up. I told you it was fine, but you insisted. I told you," you began to cry, "Just leave. Leave me alone,"
"I can't. Not like this,"
"Then how will you leave me? When I am happy so that you can crush my soul more? Leave. Now."
He knew he couldn't talk to you while you were in that state so he left. As soon as the door closed, you sat down on the floor with your back against the door. Tears continued to flow down your cheeks. You tried to suppress your voice but you couldn't. Your soft crying turned to wailing. It's been years since you cried like this, the last being when your mother died. You hugged your knees close to your chest and rested your head on it.
"Why'd he have to make such a stupid promise?"

**

Wonwoo and you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter