Catch

Diamond Life | Limited Slots for Requests | Read last chapter.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thunder was roaring throughout the city, the sky gloomy, but no rain in sight. You felt anxious and unsafe at the sound of thunder and possibility of rain. You had finished your night shift at Han's Diner and was all alone.

 

“Why didn't I ask Jira to wait for me?” you muttered in regret.

 

You let your co-waitress go home early because she had a date with her boyfriend, who was also the cashier of the diner, Jeonghan.

 

“I should go home now. No rain, yet. Just thunder. I can do it,” you encouraged yourself and took a step forward, away from the diner's entrance. However, another wave of thunder roared making you flinch, “Nope, I can't do it. I cannot.”

 

You retreated back to the diner's entrance and pulled out your key.

 

“I guess I'm staying here overnight," you stressed, “Good thing I don't have class until 9.”

 

As you unlocked the diner's entrance, rain began to pour heavily. You closed the door once more to lock it and let out a long, frustrated sigh.

 

“I hate this weather.”

 

You carelessly threw your purse in one of the booths and sat down at the end corner.

 

“I feel like a crazy hobo.”

 

You closed your eyes and did breathing exercises that was suppose to help soothe your senses, but a loud banging was made on the door the same time a flash of lightning occurred.

 

“Could this night get any worse?!” you yelled

 

Once  you regained your calm, you finally looked closely at the person that banged on the main door. It was a man carrying an enormous sleeping bag and some pillows. You were afraid to approach the entrance. This was a stranger after all. You all of the lights in the diner and checked the light of the video camera at the opposite end of the room if it was on. You knocked at the door to make the man look at you. He was wearing a hoodie, covering half of his face.

 

“Let me in,” he requested

 

“Ehhh, I don't even know you,”

 

“Pretty please. Won't you be so kind to help a soul in need?” he urged

 

That sounds so odd and creepy, you thought. I've got the cctv to back me up and I have weapons I can use. There's a kitchen here. I'm a big girl, I can handle him. He doesn't seem big.

 

“Okay,” you finally agreed.

 

 

 

After the man placed his sleeping bag and pillows down another booth, he turned to face you. You were behind the counter, cautiously eying him. A grin slowly appeared on his face which sent a shiver down your spine. Now he looks psychotic. Maybe I should have not let him in, but... that smile looks so familiar.

 

“Surprise," he said

 

“What?" you stepped back from the counter

 

"It's me," he took off his jacket

 

"Seokmin!"

 

"How can you not know your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter