Marry Your Daughter https://youtu.be/hTPNxKq8000

JongYeon One Shots

https://youtu.be/hTPNxKq8000

 

Forty minutes ride to Suwon seems to be long as Jonghyun feels quite nervous right now. Both of them are on the way to meet with Seungyeon’s parents. To relief his nervousness, Jonghyun keeps playing with Seungyeon’s finger while driving. Once in a while he will inhale and kiss her hand like he always do to calm his nerve. Seungyeon just let him play with her hand.

“Oppa are nervous? We are almost there.” Seungyeon asked as she can see he is quite restless right now.

“I’m ok.” To be honest, Jonghyun is worried on how to ask her parents for their daughter hand in marriage. This is not the first time Jonghyun visit Seungyeon’s house and meet her parents, in fact they always see each other whenever they had free time to have meal together.   

 

Once they arrive at her house, Seungyeon’s parents greet them happily. Seungyeon already inform her mother that both of them gonna come home today. It’s been a while Jonghyun came to visit her house and her parents are happy to see him.

They settle at the living room to have an afternoon tea with some sweets that Seungyeon’s mother prepared. 

Politely sitting on the floor with his hands on the knees, Jonghyun nervously start the conversation. “Abeonim, oemonim I know you are surprise with our visit today. Actually, the reason I came here today is to ask for your approval. As you both can tell, me and Seungyeon already been together for 5 years, so today I would like to ask for your permission to make your daughter to be my wife. It would be honor if you can accept me as your son-in-law.”

Seungyeon mother seem to be happy to hear about this news, she always love Jonghyun to be her son-in-law. On the other hands, Seungyeon’s appa kind of surprised to hear to Jonghyun’s sudden request. It is not like he don’t like him, it just that he feels heavy to accept the fact that his first daughter gonna get married soon. 

“Appa would you like to say something?” Seungyeon asked her father when she see him just keep quiet.

All of a sudden without saying anything, Seungyeon’s father rise from his seat and and went outside. Both of them are surprise with his sudden action.

“Appa, where are you going?” Seungyeon asked her father worried.

“It’s okay, I will follow him.” Jonghyun hastily stand up and follow her father outside.

 

Seungyeon appa just walk around the house garden, when he notice Jonghyun was there, he ask him to follow him.  When they arrive at the building at the corner of the road, Jonghyun was surprise to see the signboard of the building.

“Abeonim what are we doing here?” Jonghyun asked wondered.

Not saying anything, Mr.Yoo just went inside and Jonghyun just follow him. Once they were inside, Mr. Yoo tells Jonghyun to change his clothes to the uniform that belongs to one of his student. Jonghyun just follow his command. Coincidentally, the uniform fit him.

After both of them complete in the uniform, they sit opposite on the mat facing each other.

“Abeonim are sure we going to do this? I don’t want to hurt you.” Jonghyun said unsure with what they about to do now.

Jonghyun was known for his Judo skills, he even showed off his skill in variety show before and became an ace, but Seungyeon’s appa is not less than him. He also mastered Judo since he was child. Right now, aside from being a full time chef, he also teaches Judo to the children around their neighborhoods, so his Judo skills never fade away.

Jonghyun and Mr. Yoo both bow to each other before start. At first, Jonghyun thought he gonna take easy on Seungyeon father as he don’t want to hurt him but then it was a turn table as Mr Yoo keep throwing him and attack him. Jonghyun later tried his best to beat him but then Seungyeon appa don’t give him a chance as he keeps pinned him down.

After one hour match, Jonghyun finally spend as he lay down on the floor mat panting. Mr Yoo extends his hand to help him up. He later hugs him tight and sayings “Please take a good care of my daughter.” 

“Thank you abeonim, I promise you I will definitely take care of her.” Jonghyun said smiling as he hugs him back. Jonghyun finally relieve after receive approval from seungyeon appa. All his exhaustion from the match is finally cool down.

 

 ……………………………….

 

Back at home both men happily chatting as they went inside the house.

“Appa, oppa where have do you been? I was worried about you two.” Seungyeon reach to them from the kitchen when she heard they already back.

“Don’t worry Seungyeon-ah we just having a man talk.” Mr yoo said as he give Jonghyun a side hug.

Seungyeon smile to see that scene and later she hugs both of them at the same time. “Thank you appa.” Together, Jonghyun and Mr Yoo kiss her on the head.

Seungyeon is so happy to have two important men in her life that she love soo much.

 

The whole family is having dinner happily. Seungyeon mother cooks many delicious foods for them.

Due to anxiety, Jonghyun was unable to eat properly during lunch, but now after tiring Judo session with her father and he finally got blessing from her parents, Jonghyun just devouring everything on the table.

“All of this is soo delicious eomonim, thank you so much.” Jonghyun said with his mouth full.

“Eat a lot then; we have many more, eat slowly.” Mrs Yoo said as she put more dish in Jonghyun plate.

Yoo sisters don’t usually go on diet but they generally don’t eat a lot and it’s been a while someone from the family eat this much. Mr and Mrs Yoo are glad to see Jonghyun enjoys the foods.

 

After dinner, Jonghyun help Seungyeon to wash the dishes while her mother prepare for the dessert. Mr Yoo went to his study room and search for family album. In the album, there are many pictures of Seungyeon and her sisters when they were young. Seungyeon is always a pretty girl since she was child.

 

As a typical Korean father, Mr Yoo always want a son when they know her wife was pregnant with their first child but after Seungyeon was born, he was more than happy to have a beautiful angel in his arm. He know he love his daughter soo much after the first time he saw her.

He still remembers the first time Seungyeon call him appa and the first time she took her first step. All those memories are still strong in his mind. What makes him sad the most is, one day she told him that she wanted to be an idol and went to Seoul for audition. Her father always supports her dream, but since she joined SM as a trainee, they rarely spend time together. However Seungyeon always be a good daughter, she never missed to call her parents no matter how busy she is and she always takes care of her sisters.

“Appa?” Seungyeon is looking for him to join them for the dessert.

Seungyeon saw that her appa is holding an album in his hand and his eyes are watery.

“Oh seungyeon-ah...” Mr.Yoo notices her daughter there.

“Appa are you ok? Are you crying?” Seungyeon approach her father.

“No I’m okay, I’ll be right there with you guys.” Mr. Yoo tried to hide his face and act normal.

“Appa what’s wrong, tell me.” Asked Seungyeon worried.

“Seungyeon-ah do you still remember when you were young, Jungyeon was so naughty; she always had a fight with her boy- friends at school and one day she feel down and injured her knees.”

“Oh you knew?” Seungyeon asked surprised.    

“Of course I knew about it, you never told me but I saw everything. You bring her inside and sneakily treat her wound cos you were afraid that I’m gonna scold your sister. You are such a good older sister to your sibling and a good daughter. I am always proud of you honey.” Her father said.

“I want you to know how much I love you. You give meaning to my life that I don’t know what to expect and no one can ever take that from me. Now you are all grown up and gonna get married soon, I guess you are no longer my princess, my baby girl after this.” Mr. Yoo said gently hold her face in his hand.        

“Of course I’m always be your princess and your baby girl appa.” Seungyeon eyes start to tear and she went to hugs him.

“Promise me that you gonna be happy all the time. Be a good wife to your husband and always listen to him well. You must treat and love your husband's family as much as you love us okay.” Mr Yoo kisses her forehead and wipes her tears.

“I promise appa, I’ll try my best to be a good wife and treat my husband family well. And I promise you to always be happy.” Seungyeon said embrace his father tightly.

Outside the room at the doorway, Jonghyun listen to the conversation between father and daughter. He promises to himself to treat and loving Seungyeon with all his life. He will never disappoint her and her family.