Confession

Out of My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8: Confession

 

So little time

Try to understand that I'm

Trying to make a move just to stay in the game

I try to stay awake and remember my name

But everybody's changing

And I don't feel the same

 

Do you know that song?

Yeah, that’s Everybody’s Changing from Keane.

That song represents what was inside my heart this time. I felt that something has changed in the house. Not only with noona’s sweet and care attitude, really contrast with what she did to me for the past years, but also sometimes I found Sungjin looking at me from afar for a quite long time, or how my mom and dad just had a new habit to say an official goodnight to me, like they came to my room just to say “Goodnight, our son..” every – single - night. That’s weird, right?

 

And that evening, I coincidentally overheard Sungjin and Dad’s conversation in the backyard.

Sungjin talked to Dad, “Dad, I think he needs to know the truth..”

Dad was contemplating, he massaged his temple and replied, “Let’s wait until he’s healed perfectly..”

I pretended to just came and knocked the door. “Guys, the dinner is ready..” I ended my action with smiling. I didn’t know it was a good acting or the otherwise, but I just didn’t want them to know that I overheard their conversation.

But, the truth?

What is the truth?

 

-00-

 

Couldn’t wait any longer, that time in the middle of our way back home after school, I tried to talk to Sungjin about the conversation he had with Dad.

“Jinnie..” I started the conversation.

“Ye, hyung? Your knees started to ache again?” He responded fast and looked worry.

“No no.. my knees are fine.. I just want to ask, mmm, do you...  still remember my secret?”

“Uhm?” He was surprised by my question.

“That... secret..” I made a gesture to make him remember.

He smiled. “I do, Hyung.. I still remember it, why?”

“Hahaha..” I laughed awkwardly. “I just wanna ask, do you still keep that secret, secret?”

He stopped his walk and faced me. “Of course.. A true man is a man who can keep his words..”

“Aaah, okay okay.. I don’t mean to doubt you, Jinnie..” I said it awkwardly.

Then we continued our walk, and I braved myself to ask, “But seems now you’re the one who keep a secret for me, Sungjinnie..”

He suddenly stopped and freeze.

“Hyung...” He called me while still looking down at the street. “I do have a secret that I can’t tell you right now..” He added, and then looked up and turned his head to look at me and said, “Just like you, I also need a time to courage myself.. But I promise, I will tell you when the time is come..”

Eh?

This time I was the one who freeze.

“Hey hey don’t scared me out, Jinniyaa.. Okay, okay, let’s just forget about that secret, okay?” I couldn’t stand this weird situation with Sungjin so i decided to forget whatever that secret.

 

-00-

 

But then, the time he said finally came.

After dinner, my dad was calling me to sit next to him on the sofa in the TV room. I obeyed him and sat next to him. But then my mom was also sitting next to me, so I was sandwiched by mom and dad. FYI, this is feels so weird, I feel like I travelled back to my child age.

And then soon, noona and Sungjin joined us in the TV room. I could feel the tense situation in the room. Someone please tell me what’s going on? I really feel uncomfortable...

“Park Jaehyung..”

Dad ‘s voice woke me up from my own thought. “Yes, Dad?”

“Do you know why we all gather here, now?” He asked.

Searching for some clue, I looked at noona, but she was avoiding my eyes. I moved to Sungjin to, but he gave no clue. So I answered, “No... Dad.. “

“Well, tonight I’m gonna tell you a thing that mom and dad has been keeping..” He paused his sentence, and it made me nervous. What will he say next???

For a couple of minutes, he still didn’t say anything, and it made me more and more nervous.

Could you please just say it, Dad? Don’t kill me with this nerve...

“Your.. your blood type is not AB, Jae..” Dad finally said.

What?

Is it just because of blood type?

Damn! I was ing nervous just for a different blood type..

So what?

“We lied to you, Jae.. your blood type is actually O..” My mom added while nearly crying.

I was really confused, so I just responded with, “So?”

Everyone looked at me in disbelieve. “You don’t get it, Jae?” My dad asked.

I just simply shook my head.

My action made mom shaking her head, noona covering her face, and Sungjin sighing so loud.

“You really don’t get it, Hyung?” Sungjin asked.

“I don’t understand.. Can you explain it to me, Jinnie?” I laughed awkwardly.

He heaved a heavy sigh, then said, “Okay then, I’ll explain.. Dad’s blood type is AB, while mom is B, okay Hyung? Can you follow me?”

“Yeah..” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter