Past & Future

Out of My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9: Past and Future

 

Have you ever realize that your past was actually linked to your future?

Like, your past is the root of your future..

You don’t get what I mean?

Aaah..

Yeah, so do I..

 

Anyway, that day I woke up with nervous, because Dad has promised me to take me visiting my parents’ graveyard. I felt mixed feeling inside my heart. I never thought that I will visit my other parents in the graveyard, the parents I never met before. On the way there, dad and mom told me their teenage story. Dad told me how handsome and playful my biological dad was until somehow it was irritated him, but how he was fully responsible of his work, that was why he got an award as a respective police agent.  Mom told me that my biological mom was really cute, really different with her bossy character and so on. While listening to their story, I felt something kicking on my heart, made me want to cry, but I couldn’t. Something held me, and told me not to cry.

Until I reached their graveyard..

My body was shivering as I saw two graves, side by side with the name of Park Chongjae and Kim Saeyeon.

“Jae yaa.. Saeyeon aah.. Can you see? We finally came with your son...” Mom said as she placed two bouquets of flower on the graves.

“We’re sorry that we can’t take him here earlier.. But we hope you can understand us..” Dad added.

“Jaehyung has become a handsome man, Chorin ah, you must be proud of it..” Mom’s ended it with a smile.

“Jaehyung ah, please come closer, and send your greetings to your parents..” Dad asked me to get closer.

I slowly walked closer and said while making a bow, “Anyeonghaseyo.. Eo-eomma... A-abeuji..” I looked up again and added, “Y-your son is coming....”

I tightened my fist, tried to hold my tears, but slowly I felt noona opened my fist and replaced with her tender hands, she my hands softly tried to calm me.

I didn’t know what to say, this mixed feeling was overwhelming me, and I felt that my heart wanted to explode but it was blocked by a thick wall.

Until noona gently caressed my left cheek and said, “It’s okay, Jae.. it’s okay to cry..”

Yeah, I cried many times last night, but it was only a slow tears or soft sobs. But this time was different, I felt that if I let myself cry it will be screaming tears and hard sobs, that was why I hold it.

But I can’t hold it anymore..

So, I let this bomb to explode..

I fell on my knees and cried so loud.

Mom... Dad... I wanna see you.. I really wanna see you..

Can you come down from heaven just to see me a little bit?

Can you?

Dad, Mom, and Sungjin were standing in silent letting me to cry my heart out and noona was kneeling next to me.

I was still sobbing so hard until I felt that I have no energy to support my body. That was when noona pulled me to her embrace. Her fingers were caressing my hair and she even planted a soft kiss on top of my head, and somehow it made me comfortable. My heard sobs then changed to a soft sobs, and slowly I got calmer.

When I felt that my energy has back, I pulled apart from noona. She was directly taking off my glasses and wiped my tears. Everything was so blurry, not only because I had no eyeglasses but also because of the left tears in the corner of my eyes, but even with all of those difficulties I still could see her warm smile welcoming me.

Mom... Dad... Let me introduce you to the girl I have fallen in love, Park Chorong..

 

-00-

 

After that, mom and dad introduced their kids, noona and Sungjin. They both were bowing to my parents and sending greetings. At the end, we all prayed together and said goodbye.

I promised to my dad and mom in heaven to visit their graves once a month. I wanna be a dutiful son for them starts from now..

And on our way back home, Dad asked me, “Jae, do you want to go somewhere? I will grant your wish for today.. So tell me where you want to go right now.. You need to sooth your mind and get relax..”

“Hyung, Macao, hyung.. Ask for Macao trip..” Sungjin were whispering me from the back seat of our van.

But he got hissed by noona, “Hish Jinnie, let him to decide..”

I chuckled to see noona being meanie to her Highness Prince.

“What about going to the beach?” Dad gave an idea.

“Hey, don’t ever think to go fishing this time, yeobo..” It was Mom’s turn to disprove dad.

I chuckled again.

“Jae, let us know what you think..” Noona said it from the seat next to me.

“Mmm.. I think having a barbecue party in our backyard is the best choice..” I answered calmly, but it made Sungjin screamed in disappointment.

“Aaargh, hyung.. Why’d you waste this chance??”

I laughed at loud to see his reaction.

 

-00-

 

Then, the ladies started to prepare the dish, while the gentlemen prepared the barbecue grill. Not long before, the barbecue party has been ready to be started. We were all eating and chatting happily. And didn’t need a long time, the meat was half gone. As the stomach is full, it soon followed by the entertainment t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter