FIVE!!

Serene September..

'Good Morning!'

'Hi, Good Morning!'

I nod my head absentmindedly at the nurses who greeted me as I walked into the ICU. I thought that by going home straight, I could get my mind off her. The minute I laid down, all I could think was her. How little I know about her, how someone maintain to be kind, self-less and pure even when she knows her days are numbered. 

Standing infront of her room, I could hear the faint giggles coming out from the room. Tilting my head in confusion, I knocked on the sliding door before pushing it open.

'Hey there...' 

'Hey..' I answered, as I walked closer to the bed. The medical team had obviously removed her from the external respirator and if someone were to look at her now, they wouldnt believe if I were to say she was intubated the evening before. She was still pale, looking a little tired but she was smiling brightly, teasing the young nurse who had came in to change her drip. 

Clearing my throat nervously, I pulled the chair closer to the bed, seating down as I silently observe the interaction between her and the female nurse. 

'Dr Kim, Unnie.. I'll take my leave first...' The nurse said as she bowed slightly as she pushed her medicine trolley out of the room. Seo noona turned slightly towards me, raising her eyebrow as she watch me intently.

'What?' 

'Someone is sure as grumpy today..' 

'Why?' I asked, looking straight into her eyes.

'Because I thought it wasnt important, Jongin-ah... and I didnt want people to look at me with pity.. Like how you're staring at me now...' She shooked her head, as she looked away.

'I wasnt looking at you in pity... Believe there's not a single strand of me who is feeling sorry for you.. I'm ashamed that as your friend and as a medical student.. I didnt know that you were suffering... and yet you still managed to go about in your daily life normally... '

'You dont expect me to go around, introducing myself like... Hi, My name is Seo Joohyun.. I'm left with a couple more months left to live.. So lets be friends..' She answered sarcasticly, rolling her eyes. Not wanting to upset her, I let out a slow long breath.

'Yesterday, when I was in the resus room... and when I realized that it was you, noona.. I couldnt do anything.. I was shocked, to see you lying down on the stretcher pale as hell... And the feel of your chest under my palm as I tried to save you... is a nightmare that I wouldnt want to go through again... I'm sorry, noona...' I whispered.

'Why are you apologizing to me, Jongin-ah?' She asks, looking back at me,her eyes teary and her face etched with confusion.

'Just because..' I replied, shruggin my shoulders causing her to let out a soft chuckle.

'Thank you, Jongin.. For making this past few weeks a memorable one...' 

'It's my pleasure, noona...'

.............................

'Jongin.. I can go home in 2 days time... and I need a favour from you...' Seo noona ask, as soon as I step into her room.It was the 2nd week of hospitalization and after alot of persuasion on her side, the medical team finally decided to discharged her. 

'Oh hello to you too, noona... What is it, noona?' I asked, taking a seat beside her.

'Yes hello, Jongin... no you have to promise me first...' she winked as she folded her arms.

'I'm not at the losing end, so I'm not going to promise you anything...' I teased, sticking my tongue out at her.

'Yah! Will you help me or not?!' 

'Sorry, noona... I couldnt help myself from teasing you... haha.. I'll try to help you if its within my reach...' 

'Thank you, Jongin... You're like the best!!' She cheered as she bounced up and down on the bed.

'So are you going to tell me what is it that you need help with?' I ask, curious as to what made her this happy. 

'I need you to help me fulfil my bucket list... Will you? Please? I need a companion... And so far, I feel the most comfortable with you... And I dont think I have much time left to find someone new to help me...' She explained earnestly, her eyes big and round.

'As long as you dont get me to rob a bank.. I'm fine with it..' I replied, trying to lighten the air in the room.

'Oh shoot.. That's like the top of my list!' She replied, her face serious before breaking out into hysterics, clutching her sides as she tried to control her breathing.  It took a while for her to calm down. Looking at me seriously, she dug under her hands under her pillow, she took out a lilac envelope. 

'Read this once you reach home... I would die of embarassment if you were to read this infront of me...' 

.................................

1) Visit Paris, climb the Eiffel Tower and share a french kiss with a french hottie

2) See the pyramids in Egypt and ride a camel

3) Kiss a girl

4) Get random hugs at Times Square

5) Go Japan and stand at Shibuya famous junction and people watch

6) Swim with a sea turtle

7) Eat Belgian waffles in Belgium

8) See an active Volcano and survive it

9) Visit Jeju and climb Mt Halla

10) Try Skydiving/BungeeJumping (best to do both!)

11) Dye my hair at least 3 colours in a week. (Grey, Green & Blue)

12) Watch sunset with someone I love

13) Knit and donate 1000 scarves for charity

14) Ride a motorcycle

15) Go on a date

.........................................

'Noona.. I went thru your bucket list... and I have a few questions to ask you...' 

'Why you look so serious.. I'm ready..' She sat upright, looking at me sheepishly.

'I'm confident that I could help you with almost all of the things that you have.. However.. please enlighten me.. How do you managed to share a french kiss with a random french dude, a kiss with a girl but have yet to go on a date??' I asked, causing her to blush bright red.

'The french guy is really handsome.. And he was the one who approach me.. And I kiss my younger sister from the orphanage on the cheek mind you... Andnoonewantedtobringmeoutonadate....' She mumbled, tucking her hair behind her ear.

'Why didnt you just ask the french dude to bring you out on a date?' I ask her curiously, part of me interested to know the reason why.

'Because... he couldnt understand English.. We just shared a moment and that's it..' She chuckled nervously.

'Ah.. I see... Anyway.. I managed to get one week leave and I've cleared with your doctor... Your safe to take an aeroplance.. and your adventure starts the moment we step out from the hospital... Are you ready?'  I asked, winking at her and offering my hand.

'I would love to... Thank You Jongin...' She replied as she placed her shaking hand over mine.

'Anytime...' 

........................................

A/N:

Sorry for the late update!!

What do you guys think?

haha

Anyway please read, leave your feedback, subscribe and upvote!!

Peace y'alls!

xoxo