TWO!

Serene September..

'Pretty boy..  Good job in suturing the scalp laceration... You've been practising, I see...' Dr Choi praised as she removed her sterile gloves. Smiling, I bowed slightly, proud that after sleepless nights of practising, I finally got it right. 

'Thank You, Ma'am.. Its all thanks to your guidance..' I replied, covering the wound with a sterile gauze, waiting for Nurse Song to take over and do the dressing. 

'That's it for today... You can leave now... Dont be late for tomorrow evening's shift.. Be mentally prepared as I foresee lots of trauma cases tomorrow...' Dr Choi said, wiping her hands clean. I look at her questioningly, unable to understand her statement fully.

'Its Valentine's Day tomorrow.. Every year without fail, we'll get ridiculously lots of patients with trauma... be it drink driving, suicide or those simple ones like self harm... Thats why its important for you to be mentally prepared...' Dr Choi advice, patting my shoulder as she step out of the room. 

It's been a week since the 15 year old Jumper Trauma case and luckily for me, there werent any serious Trauma cases in that the Emergency Department received.  I was thankful that somehow I could slowly get use to the normal cases in the Emergency Department and not deal with another emotional draining Trauma case. 

'Ah.. I'm still early...' I muttered, glancing towards the clock. Not wanting to go home too early, I made my way to the hospital garden. I've been spending my breaktime in the garden, just enjoying the sun and the fresh air. Taking a seat at the usual bench, I leaned back enjoying the light summer breeze. 

'That an improvement from last week, Dr... Your no longer sighing...' I opened my eyes, locking eyes with the owner of the familiar feminine voice. She was wearing another white dress with her ginger hair tied loosely in a bun, and a smirk on her face. 

'Well.. I'm feeling better than last week...' I replied, scooting over to let her sit at the bench. Smiling graciously, she skipped forward, taking a seat beside me. Her floral fragrance filling my senses, yet again. 

'I've met you twice and I've yet to get your name... You can call me Seo noona...' She said, extending her dainty hand towards me. Looking straight into her eyes, I took her hand, giving it a light shake.

'I'm Jongin... What makes you so sure that your my noona? And that I'm not older than you? How old are you?' I asked,letting go of her hand. Its unbelievable to think that she is older than me. She puff her chubby cheeks as she leaned back.

'Of course, I'm older than you... I'm a 91 liner.. and looking at your scrubs, your still an intern and your most likely to be 93 or 94... am I right?' She said, giggling at my baffled expression.

'Daebak.. your older than me... Daebak...' I muttered, shaking my head as I tore my eyes away from her adorable eye smile. 

'Anyway.. why are you here again?' I asked, looking curiously at her. 

'Just because...' She replied simply. I nod my head, looking away, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable.

'Why did you join this professin, Jongin-ah?' She ask casually, swinging her hands infront of her.

'Just because...' I replied, teasing her.

'Ayyyyyyyyyy...' She whine softy, kicking the stone with her black ballet shoes. Chuckling at her reaction, I tried to recall the very 1st reason why I decided to take up this course in University.

'Because... When I was in middle school, my closest aunt got into a terrible car accident..  She was admitted to the intensive care... Everyday without fail, I would stay with her.. I witnessed every doctor, every nurse, every healthcare worker that work their very best to help her... After her death, I vowed to become a Doctor...' I smiled dryly at her, amused by her facial expression.

'Ahh... I'm sorry about your aunt, Jongin..' Her voice small and filled with guilt, maybe for bringing up a sensitive topic.

'It's been so long... Anyway... are you visiting someone? The boy from the other day?'

'You can say that, Taehyung is like my younger brother... I always bring Taetae out to the garden to play... but today, he's not feeling that good... the doctors dont allow me to bring him out...' She said, looking down. 

'What happened to him?' I asked, curious. From what I recalled, Taehyung looks healthy and he doesnt even look like a patient in the hospital pyjamas.

'He's suffering from some blood cancer... He's here for treatment... Its been 2 weeks since he was admitted... I've been keeping him company.. not wanting him to feel lonely....' She explained, smiling lightly at me.

'Thats very nice of you...' 

'Well... I believe that I should share my happiness and joy with everyone... Its abit sad to spend your life drowning in self pity and depression.. Dont you think so?' Nodding my head to her statement, I suddenly have a growing sense of admiration towards her. 

'Its been nice talking to you, Jongin... I need to leave now... I'll see you around?' Seo noona said, standing up, grinning as she walked backwards before skipping towards the entrance of the hospital.

'Yes, noona... See you around...'  I muttered, watching her happily skipping away.

.....................................................

Walking into the hospital lobby, I was greeted by the wonderful melody of Yiruma Hope. Seeing a small crowd gathering around the grand piano, I made my way over, somehow impressed by the pianist.

'Oh hey.. Jongin!! How are you?' I turn around to find, Luhan, the other intern from the paediatric department, walking towards me, grinning widely.

'I'm fine bro! How's paeds?' I ask, happy to be able to talk to another intern from another department.

'So so... Depressing to see sick kids... Anyway.. are you here to see the gorgeous pianist?' Luhan asked, craning his head over the crowd.

'Not really... I dont even know that the hospital has a grand piano in the lobby..' Chuckling, I followed Luhan to the crowd. I was intrigued to see who was pianist seeing how excited Luhan was. The crowd erupted in an applause as the pianist played her last note. 

'Its late.. I'll make a move first.. See you around...' I pat Luhan's shoulders before moving away from the crowd. I was walking towards the exit before I felt someone tapping my shoulder. 

'Hey are you leaving without getting my autograph?' 

I turned around to find Seo noona standing behind me, smiling as she tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. 'Noona? What are you doing here?' I asked, surprised to find her at the hospital lobby, I thought she had went home since she was in a hurry earlier on.

'Well, you can say that I was just spreading my happiness and love in other means...' She replied smugly, placing her hands over her hips. 

'The pianist.. thats you? Daebak!' I exclaimed, clapping my hands in admiration

'I know right?' She teased. I laughed at her comical reactions, feeling all comfortable joking and laughing with her.

'I'm hungry, Jongin-ah... Since I'm feeling all generous.. Come lets have dinner together... My treat! I want to eat beef!!' She said, pulling my hand towards the exit, unknowingly making my heart pump faster.

...............................................................

Author's Note..

Hey hey hey...

another chappie up!!!

Please read, enjoy, leave a comment, subscribe!!

Woohoooooo....

XOXO