Karma is The Worst in Me

Differences
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jackson gets to the studio, none of the members greeted him, it was like they turned against him. The only person who would acknowledge him was the producer. Recording was long, but it wasn't hard. 

"Alright. That's it for today." the producer concluded. Harmlessly pushing them out of the studio. 

"How is Bambam?" Mark asked Jackson.

"He almost died today." Jackson mumbled.
"WAIT WHAT?!" Scream Yugyeom. 

"What do you mean he almost died? If you're joking, this is a sick joke!" Youngjae shouted at him. 

"His heart almost stopped today." Jackson answered solemnly. 

"Hes okay though?" Mark asked. 

"Yeah." Jackson choked out. 

"Absolutely sure?" Youngjae cut in. Jackson nods, his mind is running, making him feel at fault about Bambam almost dying.

"We'll go see him tomorrow." Jaebeom reassured them all. 

Day 11/?

"Danbi?" Bambam croaked out. 

Nurse Kim smiles, "Yeah. Its me. Dylan's waiting outside. You're getting released today." 

"Really, after yesterday's episode?" Bambam asked cautiously. 

"They identified the problem. Turns out, your heart just couldn't take the extra stress. Dylan prescribed you some pills, which you will get soon enough. I packed all your stuff into your backpack, I got you your wheelchair, so you're pretty much set." Nurse Kim listed. 

"Thank you. So let's go?" He asked. Nurse Kim nods, pushing the wheelchair just bedside. Nurse Kim hands him a bag, containing the clothing he came into the hospital wearing. Bambam goes into the restroom, changing into his outfit quickly.  Exiting the restroom, he spins once, already feeling dizzy. 

Nurse Kim guides him in order to help him into the wheelchair. She pushes him out, heading to the counter.

"Jinyoung-sunbae faxed his ahead of time approved restaurants the other day, we got a reservation for us." Nurse Kim said while she grabbed Bambam's chart. 

"Sign here.." He signed. 

"Anyways.. Jinyoung-sunbae finds it best if you rested a bit more, getting out of the hospital and all." She reasoned. 

"Nae. It'd make me feel better." Bambam agrees.
She hands the nurse the forms, "I'll see you later Nurse Choi." They both wave to the sweet nurse, only to find Doctor Kang shortly after. 

"Hyung! Are you coming?" Bambam asked, his huge brown eyes pleading. 

Doctor Kang ruffles his hair, "Of course. I got the night off. Let's go," Doctor Kang takes over for Nurse Kim. 

He pushed Bambam into the elevator, and they stay in silence. 

They make it to lobby.  "Dylan Hyung.. Does the staff make fun of me?" Bambam asked. 

"Nah. No way. I'd kill them." Doctor Kang smirked. 

"By kill, he means take a swing." Bambam told Nurse Kim. 

"Don't be talking me down to a beautiful lady." Doctor Kang semi shouted. Nurse Kim blushes, and Doctor Kang nearly pushed Bambam onto the road. 

"I should call GOT7 hyungs.."  Bambam dials Mark's number off by heart. 

"Bambam! What's wrong?" Mark concretely questioned. 

"I'm alright. I am just calling to check in." Bambam smiled awkwardly, he wasn't familiar with smiling anymore. 

"Oh my goodness. Don't scare me like that again Bamie. Are you comfortable? Do you want me to come? Ill drop everything to come." Mark continued.

"That's really thoughtful, but I'm just calling to tell you guys I have been released today."

"And.. You want me to come pick you up?" Mark asked. 

"No Mark. I am calling to let you know, and I'm going out with some friends. I'll be back by curfew. If manager nim has any problems about me running off,
he can talk to JYP-sunbae." Bambam said naturally. 

"Okay. Be safe Bambam." Mark warned. 

"Nae." With that, the phone call ended.

Just in case you're wondering, Mark didn't tell the GOT7 members anything. 

Mark found it best not to worry the members about the stress Bambam may get, knowing that Bambam trusted these friends enough to tend to him, made Mark secure. No way Bambam was going to leave with someone he didn't trust. Mark went back to channel surfing, literally nothing could catch his eye. 


The three arrived at Doctor Kang's car. Obviously, it was a luxury car. Nurse Kim helped Bambam into the backseat, folding the wheelchair and waited for Doctor Kang to pop the trunk.

They themselves got into the car, and the first words Nurse Kim said was.. "What's with the discretion? "

"They don't know I'm best friends with my caregivers." Bambam simply states. 

"I can live with that." Doctor Kang mumbled. 

"Hyung.. I'm going to call Jacks-" 

"Don't be a moron." Dylan chuckled. 

"I was always a moron." Bambam retorted. 

 "With that attitude, you are lying." Dylan challenged. 

"It wound up with me in the hospital didn't it?" Bambam asked.

"Jackson got you stuck in there." Danbi cut in. 

"I stopped eating, he didn't starve me!" 

"And why did you stop eating?" Danbi pressed. 

"Because I didn't need to!" 

"Yes you did. You were just too depressed to even attempt eating! You wanna know why you've been more up spirit? Because you are on antidepressants. I prescribe you antidepressants and you are at your best. Jackson is a douchebag. I don't care how much you love him, he is killing you... Literally. Remember? You fainted, well, almost died. I had to do something risky, I risked a lawsuit your sunbae JYP would have filed. I did that to save you."  Dylan is obviously angry that Bambam wouldn't accept that Jackson was killing him.

"I know he is." Bambam admitted.

"Then why are you staying?" Danbi softly said. 

"Because he doesn't mean to do it." Bambam mumbled. 

"You sound like an abuse victim, wait.. You are!" Dylan shouts.

"Just because we yell at each other, doesn't mean I'm abused. Jackson knows he hurts me... And he tries so hard to be repentant. He can't because I cut him off, I couldn't bear listening to his excuses." Bambam mumbled. 

"You want to make up with someone who makes you feel like a lifeless doll being tossed around." Dylan challenged.

"Dylan Hyung.. Stop.. I don't wanna teach so dark about being nothing in this relationship." 

"I'm sorry." Dylan apologized. 

"Sometimes breaking myself, helps myself." Bambam told himself in Thai. Neither of them could reply even if they wante

Please log in to read the full chapter