So close, so far away.

What is a mate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jungkook, you need to talk to me. I know it and you know it’s no use to try to deny it. Come on, open your heart, dear” – Jin went straight to the point when they sit by the lunch table, waiting for the others.

The young alpha shook his head at his weird hyung because, sometimes, he really acted like the group’s omma. But Jungkook needed help anyways and Jin was the perfect friend for this. – “That’s exactly the problem hyung”.

“What do you mean? It’s Jimin, isn’t it?”

“Uhum, I’m such an idiot, hyung” – Jungkook got surprised at himself because, although he was usually unable to talk about his feelings and problems, he was spilling everything like a waterfall - “Because I keep getting agape when I’m around him and he’s been so hurt. I don’t know how to approach him. When I got really close to him, he almost had a panic attack and I got terrified. He’s convinced that I don’t want him. He thinks all I do is because of remorse. Hyung, you know I’ve always been an emotional disaster. I need to confess, but the words never come out. Argh! I hate myself.”

“Wow! I think this is the longest speech I’ve ever heard from you.” – Jin teased - “And yeah, I know you had created this façade of the huge jerk alpha who doesn’t care about anything. Because you were afraid of showing that you are, in fact, just an insecure kid”.

At this point, Jungkook had already realized why he had rejected Jimin. In order to claim his mate, he would have to open up, to let him in. He would have to put his walls down and show his weaknesses and flaws. His lower lip was trembling but, even now, he didn’t allow himself to cry. He NEVER cries.

“Always the tough guy, hun?” – Jin said, holding his dongsaeng’s shoulders in a comforting manner.

“But, hyung, what if he enrolls that unmated omegas list?” – This idea always scared him.

“Jungkook, you’re in the right path. Jimin won’t admit now, but he’s impressed with your change of behavior. Keep showing who you are, show him what kind of mate you can be. Keep in mind that you are your own person. You are neither like me nor Yoongi. You’ll find out what kind of mate you are, ok?” – Jin smiled reassuringly.

 

---------

Jungkook immediately got pissed when Jimin arrived at the dance studio. Did the omega really need to wear THAT outfit? Ok, along with loose black shorts and a snapback, he was wearing two shirts but one was a black tight tank top and, over that, there was an oversized white one that kept sensually falling from his shoulders. Can’t the heavens see his predicament here? Really? Someone above there really hates him.

Jungkook, for his turn, was all in back with a v-neck. Very plain, in his opinion.

A/N: these are their outfits in We Are Bulletproof Part 2 dance practice video.

You all remember, don’t you?

 

“First, let’s stretch, ok?” - Jimin said, heading to the center of the room and then, he bent his body in half, leaning his head comfortably on his knees as if it was the easiest thing in this world.

“Holy !” – Jungkook thought. “Don’t think about mating. Don’t think about mating. Don’t think about mating. Don’t think about mating!” – He repeated this chant on his head but, he did.  Yeah, he thought about the infinite possibilities of him and his mate in very intimate situations taking the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter