chapter 9

survive for me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri stopped in front of Jessica's building. She looked at her side and shake Jessica to wake up.

 

"Sicaaaa ~ wake up. Were here now." Yuri said softly.

 

"5 hours more,seobang" Jessica groan as Yuri continue to shake her.

 

"Alright alright. I'm up." Jessica said tiredly. She wait for Yuri to open the door for her. She get out of the door when Yuri opened her door. She waited for Yuri to carry Wendy out of the car.

 

Lucky Wendy. Get to sleep with no one disturbing her. Jessica thought as she lean on Yuri as they walk on the elevator.

 

Jessica was still yawning. She's to sleep today, tonight she'll wait for tiff to wake up. It was an emotional rollercoaster. She doesn't know what to feel first. Tiffany. She made it possible for jessica, the smartest asset of B&E, to feel so stupid and useless. 

"When nothing goes right, Go to sleep" is what Jessica has been thinking. Yuri suggested to stay with tiffany for the time she'll be sleeping with Wendy.

 

After what seems forever for jessica . they made it to hers and Tiffany's unit.

She hastily go to her room and lie on her bed. Yuri came after. She lay Wendy on the bed with Jessica who's fast asleep. 

 

She kissed Jessica's forehead and fix the blanket of the two precious people in her life right now.

 

"It's my first day,, first patient. Yet I have a dead patient and an almost dying bestfriend of my girlfriend. What a day." Yuri said as she quietly go out of the unit and drive back to the hospital.

 

She made her usual rounds. Smiling and talking to patients. She needs to be over Miranda's death. She's to deal with a lawyer later on.

 

She passed by the ICU. Visiting tiffany. She sit down on the side of the girl.

 

"You know what? I've been having a rough day. I'm glad you survived. But, you've got to wake up for Jessica.  She needs you more than she needs me. 

I'm sorry, I take Jessica away from you. How I wish I met Jessica way sooner before you did. But then, things would be much more simpler if that happened. You need to wake up and glare at me. Taunt me. Insult me and so much more. It's better than seeing you immobile. Not fighting for someone you love but sorry tiffany. I don't see myself backing down just for you. If Jessica were to leave me, I'll accept that but to leave her? No. I'm too in love with her. It's like every little thing she do makes my heart beats fast and every time she cares for me, I fall in love with her more. I hope really hope you wake up soon. And to your new heart. Please be strong now. Beat longer okay? Be healthy." Yuri said ending her speech Or monologue. She stands up and saw her uncle outside the door frame of the ICU. She bow her head gesturing that she notice his presence.

 

Her uncle and her is having a coffee as they converse about miranda. It was more of words of comfort from her uncle.

 

"Yuri ah, things like that happen. We're not God but plain doctors." Her uncle simply said as he sipped his bitter coffee.

 

"I know that. But,  I can't help but be worried about wendy. She's just three! I can't afford to raise her with the line of job i have." Yuri said as she sipped on her latte with worry all over her face.

 

"You have your girlfriend. Trust her with Wendy, Yuri ah. Sometimes, we're to sacrifice a life to save one's life with a chance of living more." Her uncle leave Yuri dumbfounded.

 

Yuri was to chase her uncle when Yuri bump into Krystal.

 

"Krystal, what are you doing here?" Yuri ask?

 

"I'm going to visit my friend here. You work here? Cool!" Krystal said. Scanning Yuri head to foot

 

"You want to see your tiffany unnie?" Yuri ask carefully. She saw  Krystal jump a little.

 

"What happen to tiffany unnie?" Krystal grab her collar and shake her.

 

"She's in the ICU. She just had her heart transplant awhile ago. We're waiting for her to wake up. She'll survive now. All We have to do is wait." Yuri said.

 

"Lead the way, unnie. I wanna see tiffany unnie" Krystal said.

 

Yuri lead her to the ICU. Krystal can't help but cry. Her unnie's best friend is lying there with all those machine helping her to make it through.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter