09 - A New Beginning

You're The Only One (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How is her condition, doctor?" Woohyun asked with dismay, the doctor let out his breath.

 

"I will say the truth, her condition isn’t good. It turned out she has a chronic pneumonia, seems like she had suffered it for a long time. And she has heart complications due to age. By this time she’s conscious, but... sorry her condition is very weak. And according to her health I don't think she could last any longer." Woohyun was surprised to hear that, was so surprised that it didn’t feel real.

 

 

 

OST

 

 

"Can I see her?" Woohyun asked with rush breath.

 

"Yes, of course.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun hasitily entered the emergency room, he saw Miss Gong there lying weakly, looking at the person he loved the most being that position made him want to shed tears, crying. Thing that he had never done anymore since 9 years ago, slowly he approached Miss Gong who's lying helplessly in front of him.

"Miss Gong.." Woohyun called softly, Woohyun kissed the back of her hand and then put it on his face. "Tell me that you're going to be okay."

 

 

Miss Gong tried to answer but no sound coming out of , she was so weak as it’s very difficult to be able to speak. Woohyun held Miss Gong hand tightly as if he never wanted to let it go. His chest felt tight, Miss Gong looked at the face before her who was holding her hand tightly, the same face with 7 year old Woohyun from 16 years ago. But his solid black eyes were sharper, with a strong jaw line. Displaying an extraordinary handsome adult.

Time went by so fast, that little boy had now become a man in front of him. His sharp eyes looked hurt, hurt to see her being sick like this. Woohyun was already like her own family, her only child in this world. Now he was so mature. Was it time for her to let Woohyun go alone? Had the time come for her to leave Woohyun quietly?

Slowly and vaguely Miss Gong saw Jieun and Sungyeol figure entered standing behind Woohyun and now they were surrounding him, Jieun dropped tears in her eyes and Sungyeol was in silent as he looked at her worriedly. Miss Gong mobilized her last energy, the time had come.

 

"Woo..hyun .. I love you, my son. Having you in this world is a gift for me." Miss Gong proceed with difficulty.

 

"But now you're so mature. You’ve lived independently without me by your side. Be good, son. Smile." Woohyun tried to smile with some difficulty, trying to resist the strong urge of tears in his eyes. He took a deep breath, trying to control his feelings that seemed futile.

 

"There you go, that's much better. I want to see you let me go with a smile." Miss Gong slowly raised her hand and gently all Woohyun’s face.

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you my son." Miss Gong smiled softly then closed her eyes slowly. Quietly, peacefully.

 

 

 

 

It seemed as if time stopped. Woohyun was amazed, his hands still clasped Miss Gong’s tightly as her grip slowly loosen, her skin began to feel cold now in Woohyun hands.  He ducked inside, resist the bitter emotion that tighten in his chest. Beside Woohyun, Jieun wasn’t able to say anything. She covered her face with her hands while her eyes in tears, Jieun didn’t expect her meeting with Miss Gong will end soon.

All memories of Miss Gong replayed in Woohyun’s mind, how she always accompanied and strengthen him in his life since he was young until now, Woohyun hold the tightness in his chest, his eyes suddenly felt wet. A tear, he slowly removed it, he straighten his head and took a deep breath. Tried to smile although it was so difficult, Miss Gong wanted him to let her go with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This morning the house felt so quiet, deserted. Just a few days ago Miss Gong left Jieun. After Miss Gong’s death, Jieun lived alone in this Woohyun’s huge resident while Woohyun chose to soothe himself in his apartment. Sungyeol somewhat forced Jieun let him company her in that house, but eventhough she’s scared to live alone with difficulty she rejected his offer.

This house however belonged to Woohyun and Jieun felt it’s just Woohyun right to determine who’s allowed to stay at his home. Suddenly there was a knock on her door, Jieun flinched while holding her chest. She was home alone!

 

 

Knock knock.

 

 

It’s knocked it again, now Jieun became pale. Instead of opening the door She jumped onto her bed, hiding under a thick blanket, covering all her body. Scared.

 

Who's that?

 

 

 

And the bedroom door open. Woohyun appeared with anno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter