07 - Dillema

You're The Only One (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some melodies were played beautifully at Woohyun’s house, Jieun was looked pressing the keys with tons of feeling. This was one of her way to kill boredom. It's been long enough Woohyun left his house and Jieun often missing him throughout those times. The thing that annoyed her the most was the fact that Woohyun never contact her or asked her how she was doing. Everytime it passed her mind, it made her angry. Her fingers were increasingly fast and hard hitting the piano keys.

 

Does Woohyun really not care about our wedding? Is his business the only reason why he married me?

 

Jieun finished her playing by pressing the piano keys hard at the sime time, then she sighed. Slowly and carefully she closed the piano.

"Ah, I better help Miss Gong in kitchen." She thought.

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly she could hear a sound of falling objects, Jieun looked away to check if something fell. Her eyes saw some displays were scattered around the floor, she rushed to pick then up and put them back on the display cabinet.

"Huh? What's that?"

 

With frowning face, her attention focused on a dusty book inside the cabinet, it was too dusty as if no one ever touched it for a very long time. Jieun tiptoed and stretched her arms, trying to take the book.

 

"Ugh .. too high." Her eyes searched around as she found a chair then dragged and climbed on it. Then she saw the object carefully. It turned out to be a photo album, she took it carefully as she blew the thick dust away. Jieun could smell a rotten smell from an old book that hadn’t been opened for years when she opened the photo album. Se was more curious and open the next page. She could see photographs of a cute smiling baby inside it.

 

 

 

This baby looks like Woohyun oppa. Is it okay to see this? 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun bit her lips but end up seeing the next album page. In the following pictures, the baby was picked up by a lovely lady who smiled widely, she looked beautiful in her brown hair, and eyes orbs as black as Woohyun’s.

 

Is she... his mother?

 

 

With a pounding heart Jieun once again opened the next page, now she saw a photograph of a toddler. Some were learning to walk, crawling, eating with his mouth smeared with chocolate ice cream. Everything was done together with that woman. Her face implied happiness, smiling broadly as if the world belonged only to herself and the child in her arms. The farther she opened the photo album pages, the child increasingly growing up.

Yes, it turned out he’s indeed Woohyun. Handsome face with black hair and sharp eyes that increasingly resembled the adult Woohyun she knew now. On the photos Jieun could see Woohyun always pose with smiles and happy faces, he looked so warm and more like human there. Woohyun’s figure that she had missed. Photos of that woman, which Jieun believed as Woohyun’s mother, increasingly showed streaks of sadness. She wasn’t smiling anymore, now replaced only with a faint smile on her lips. As if she kept sadness behind her beautiful face.

The last photo there was the figure of Woohyun exactly like the one she met 9 years ago. Jieun put her fingers to Woohyun’s 14 years old face, in that photo Woohyun was seen kissing his mother’s cheek, while his mother smiled slightly at his side, that was last photo. She could find nothing else beside it, only an empty page. Jieun gaze dreamingly, trying to guess what had happened.

 

Why weren’t there more photos? What happened to them?

 

 

Woohyun was still smiling in those photos, still same like Woohyun she met 9 years ago in Namsan mountain.

 

"Jieun-ah!" Jieun gasped Jieun, she could see Miss Gong was slightly glaring at her. "Jieun I’m sorry, but Mr. Woohyun doesn’t like it if anyone touches his belongings. Here, let me put it back in its place." Miss Gong said softly. Hesitated, Jieun gave the photo album.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Miss Gong.. can I ask you something about Woohyun oppa?"

 

"Yes.. what is it?" Miss Gong looks unconvincing.

 

"I... actually I've seen the pictures. There’s a woman in those picture.. Is she Woohyun's mother?" Jieun asked carefully. Miss Gong stared Jieun deeply, she breathed slowly.

 

"Yes, it is indeed Woohyun's mother."

 

"Why I didn’t see Woohyun’s father photos at all?" Jieun knew it’s not good to be curious about another people’s p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter