08 - Angel Heart

You're The Only One (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun paced nervously in front of the emergency room, with trembling body, she wiped tears flowing down her cheeks. She was currently located outside the room, waiting for the doctors who were doing surgery for Miss Gong inside. She was still very shocked, imagining how shocked her back then when discovered Miss Gong lied unconsciously in the kitchen.

"Jieun!" Woohyun was seen hurriedly ran towards her followed by Sungyeol. Jieun shocked, she blinked. Not expected to meet Woohyun there. His handsome face now looked sharp, those dark eyes filled with concern.

 

"How is Miss Gong condition?" Woohyun said with tremendous dismay, it was the first time Jieun saw Woohyun who usually always calm and cool filled with strong anxiety.

 

"Doctors haven’t said anything, they are still inside."Jieun answer in a trembling voice.

 

"There there, don’t worry okay? We don’t know what happened, we better pray." Sungyeol who was aware with Jieun fears tried to calm her.

 

"Oppa, I’m so scared. If anything happened to her.. W-what should I do?" Jieun was crying, meanwhile her husband looked upset over what happened to Miss Gong, he stood motionless, his eyes glazed and his face was pale. He crossed his arms on his chest.

 

 

Silent.

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun looked at Woohyun, if only she knew how to entertain him. "Jieun, have you breakfast?" Sungyeol asked, Jieun who didn’t pay attention to him, was still staring Woohyun deeply.

 

"Jieun?"

 

"Ah, yes oppa. What is it?"

 

"Have you had breakfast?" Sungyeol repeated his question with a soft tone, Jieun finally realized that she hadn’t eaten at all since yesterday afternoon.

 

"I.. not yet."

 

 

"I knew it, it’s obvious. Your tummy keeps growling." Sungyeol grinned.

 

"Oppa!" Jieun couldn’t resist the urge to pinch Sungyeol who always .

She was unaware that Woohyun had been staring her around Sungyeol, with a sharp stare Woohyun looked at Jieun and there was a strange burning sensation rippled through his heart to see Jieun that looked really close with Sungyeol.

 

 

 

 

"Let's eat first, I don’t want you to get sick." Sungyeol invited but in the other way she was hesitated.

 

"Woohyun oppa, have you eaten? If you haven’t, lets join us." Jieun said.

 

"I'm not hungry, I'd better stay here."

 

 

 

"... Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Jieun and Sungyeol were eating foods that were served in front of them, the menu was very simple because the hospital cafetaria didn’t have much varieties . "Oppa, since when you’ve been friends with Woohyun oppa? " Jieun asked Jieun.

 

"It’s been 9 years. I knew him since we entered the same junior high school, Kyochon highschool."

 

"I know." "How did you know? Woohyun told you?" Sungyeol asked.

 

"Do you remember? 9 years ago there was a girl whose leg was severely injured, on outbound at Namsan mountain?" Sungyeol frowned, trying to remember what had happened 9 years ago, vaguely began depicted in his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

Back then when they were having outbound, there was a beautiful girl with shoulder-length black hair. When they're lost in the woods, that girl fell into abyss. It was Woohyun who saved her, her legs scratched and torn by sticking out tree roots so Woohyun picked her up until they reached the committee’s tent. Now Sungyeol squinted, looked at Jieun sitting before him. Realizing the similiarites between that girl and the woman in front of him.

"Don’t tell me.. that girl was you?? Why didn’t you tell me before that we’ve met nine years ago?" Sungyeol said shockedly, Jieun pursed her lips.

 

"I was shy, I was a troublemaker before. Were you friends with Woohyun oppa at that time?"

 

"Yes, Woohyun always been the center of attention in school. Girls queuing to get close to him." Sungyeol grinned, Jieun got bit jealous to hear that.

 

"But the Woohyun oppa I knew once was a good person, not like now. Do you know what happen to him till he became like this?" Sungyeol sighed.

 

"I knew Woohyun become more closed and introvert after the death of his mother. At that time he was 14 years old, he slowly began to be cold and uncaring." Jieun choked, her eyes were hot. Woohyun already lost his mother.

 

 

 

 

 

What if he should lose Miss Gong?

 

 

 

"You've finished eating? Let's go back to the emergency room." Sungyeol said.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While Jieun and Sungyeol left to eat, Woohyun was sitting in a waiting chair. He bowed down his face, his hands clenched in front of his forehe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter