01 -First Time I Fall in Love

You're The Only One (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The wind blew, making the scattered leaves rustling sounds. There was a luxury house, full of light in the darkness of night. In one of its balcony, Lee Jieun sighed tiredly, the wind blew her beautiful long black hair. She rested her chin as she pursed her lips, again, her father had guests who intend to propose to her. At the age of 23 years, Jieun had attracted so many colleagues of his father to make Jieun as their law. Generally these intention came from their children who did have an interest in Jieun. Her face was beautiful like a sculpture, milky white skin with a beautiful black hair flowing to her back. 

However, there is no such a perfect human, all Jieun’s physical beauty were not accompanied by her health. Yes, since childhood Jieun had a weakness, she tended to be sick so easily so that parents become so protective against her. Jieun was the only daughter of Lee Jinpyo, the owner of business empire on Jeju island. 

Since childhood, Jieun’s parents really love their only daughter, more like loving her too much so that they became overprotective towards Jieun. Given a frail body, since she was a kid Jieun wasn’t allowed to participate in many activities at school. This made her became a quiet and shy girl, she was the one who tended to withdraw from social interactions.. Even in today's age Jieun still didn’t have a lover, and it’s quite worrying for her parents. 

 

 

 

 

"So Mr. Lee, do you know about my intention from coming here?" Mr. Jang asked impatiently, Jieun’s parents stared at each other uncomfortably, finally Mr. Lee tried to make the atmosphere more relaxed. 

 

"Well well, what is exactly Mr. Jang intention for coming here? I thought it’s only from relatives who visited each other after a long time." He asked friendly. Mr. Jang tried to convey his meaning as smooth as possible. 

 

"I mean more than that, sir... my son Jang Dongwoo eager to propose your daughter. Isn’t Lee Jieun already a mature girl? It's time for her to marry, isn’t it?" Mr. Lee now felt awry, his daughter was old enough to get married. But it seemed there was no man that made her interested, especially with her shy and reserved personality. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ah.. about that one... so... it seems our daughter doesn’t wish to marry for now. Maybe she still wants to continue her studies and enjoy her status as a single. So for now it looks like we aren’t able to accept the proposal from your family." He said as gently as possible, tinge of disappointment was visible from Jang’s family. 

 

"Sir, think again. If we implement this marriage, we’re not only going to be a big family, but our business will grow faster." Mr. Jang urged, Mr. Lee sighed. 

 

"Yes yes.. I do understand. But we give priority to Jieun’s feeling on top of everything." Mr. Jang nodded to hear it. 

 

"Well if so. I hope you don’t regret this decision." 

 

"Of course, we will remain good friends and colleagues, sir." Mrs. Lee tried to soften the atmosphere, but it seemed useless, their disappointment couldn’t be cured easily. 

 

"I hope so, let us say goodbye first sir." Then that family moved away to leave Lee Jinpyo’s residence accompanied by sympathy gaze from Mr. Lee and his wife. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"My wife, you know Mr. Jang is a good man, his son Jang Dongwoo also has a promising future, he’s actually a perfect match for our daughter." He said with heavy breathing. His wife gently her husband's back. 

 

"Yes dear...  but we can’t push Jieun. She has said she’s not going to get married soon, we should appreciate it." She also couldn’t understand why Jieun tend to withdraw if any man wanted to approach her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun was looking at a distance, from the balcony where she stood vaguely, she could the sea between ​​darkness. Even the ocean had become islands boundary with South Korea. Jieun opened carefully folds of a handkerchief that she always kept for 9 years. The bright green color was fading because it was always taken by Jieun. Her hands rubbing a stitching with name ‘Nam Woohyun’. Name that always in her heart since the first time she met him and easily she fell in love with the perfect man for her. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9 years ago, Namsan Mountain. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun was really in good mood because after she did 'negotiation' for one full week at her parents, she's finally allowed to follow the outbond activities on Namsan mountain. This activity was an annual event organized by some schools in South Korea from different provinces. The goal was for young people in some areas of South Korea be able to know each other and enrich their cultural wealth while doing some physical activity that good healthy. 

Due to this year Jieun's school, Sungshin High School, became the host, Jieun wanted to try to do physical activity like this that  often forbidden by her parents. She chuckled remembering the struggle in her negotiations. Massaging her father's back when he's home from work, helping her mother tidy up their garden which was a hobby of her mother. Indeed, they had a very beautiful garden in their mansion,  thanks to Mrs. Lee magic touch in plants and flowers. 

Jieun also completing school assignments and special assignments from her piano teacher to successfully play Pachelbel Canon impeccably. Jieun's parents eventually melt to see her sincerity. They only allowed Jieun join this once with supplies like a fighter who have to survive for a week! Whereas the activities only last for three days. Again, Jieun chuckled remembering her parents once again and managed to get odd stare from her friends because she brought a lot of bags. 

 

 

 

"Hey.. why are you laughing to yourself like a crazy person?" Her friend, Myungsoo softly knocked her head, Jieun just looked down in embarrassment and silent. 

Myungsoo was aware that many of his friends liked Jieun, but her shyness made them retreat. Yes what can we do if his friends tried to hit on Jieun, she would only down became shy and silent. But Myungsoo even like her shy side, he loved to see her cheeks got flushed everytime he teased Jieun. 

 

 

 

 

"To all the participants are expected to be assembled. We will initiate outbound activities this year." 

 

 

 

 

 

Soon all the participants who had been chatting, running around and doing activities were assembled in an orderly manner. Myungsoo took Jieun's by her indifferently, not considering Jieun's timid behavior. He dragged Jieun with him into the ocean of participants. There was a faint sound of the committee before announcing to divide them into groups of several participants. 

"Myungsoo, Jimin, Sungjong and Luna into group 3." said the committee. Tinge of disappointment was visible on Myungsoo's face, sad because Jieun wasn't in the same group with him. Not long after that the committee announced Jieun's group. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter