A New Start

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just imagining it makes me happy, I can’t tell you what I imagined

I don’t even know why I’m like this, I want to stop obsessing

But I see you in my eyes, what kind of spell did you cast on my eyes?

This doesn’t make sense

 

"Mommy~ wake up~" Jihoon tapped his mommy's cheeks and waited for her to open her eyes. 

 

Yoona yawned and stared at Jihoon. She looked at the wall clock and saw that it's already 5PM. "How come you're here? Where's Jia? Who fetched you?" 

 

"Jia is sleeping." Jihoon said as he rubbed his eyes. She smelled burnt toasts again and immediately ran to the kitchen.

 

"Good afternoon, beautiful. Slept well?"

 

Jiyong smiled and scratched his head shyly when he noticed that Yoona was just staring at him. "Sorry for the burnt toasts again.."

 

"Why are you here?"

 

Jiyong's smile turned into a frown when he heard Yoona's question. "You asked me to come home right.."

 

"But you left earlier. I thought.."

 

"Stay.." she whispered. "Come home already."

 

Jiyong smiled a bit and let go of her hands. Without saying anything, he walked out the door and he left Yoona crying again.

 

"Oh, Ji. You have a meeting today. Mr. Lee is--"

 

"I'm going home today." Jiyong grinned.

 

"Huh? Dolce Vita?"

 

"No."

 

"Apartment?" Youngbae raised his eyebrow. "You don't need to tell me that you're going home to your apartment."

 

"Home. Seoul. Kwon Residence."

 

Youngbae looked at him with confusion. "What good deeds have you done and you're going home?"

 

"I'm setting things right, Bae."

 

Youngbae huffed. "Yeah right. Or maybe you'll do it again."

 

"I won't." Jiyong smiled in assurance. "Tell my secretary that I'll be off for three days. Yoona's still sick. Be my proxy for the meetings."

 

"I'm marking your words, Ji. Arasseo. Go now." Youngbae have his friend a pat on the shoulder.

 

"Thanks." Jiyong left in a hurry and went to his apartment to pack his things. After that, he went to the supermarket to do some grocery shopping since he saw that the refrigerator at home doesn't have much supply anymore. Then, he waited for the twins' dismissal to take them home.

 

"Daddy!" The twins shouted in unison.

 

Jiyong smiled widely and welcomed his twins in a hug. He kissed their cheeks and lead their way to the car.

 

"Where is mommy?" Jia asked.

 

"She's at home."

 

"Are you going home with us?"

 

"Yes, honey. I am." Jiyong smiled sweetly.

 

"Sorry. I was just excited so I left in a hurry to pack my things then I bought foods and fetched the kids."

 

Yoona sighed and hugged him. "I thought you're walking away from me again.."

 

"Ani." He kissed her forehead. "I won't walk away anymore." 

 

Yoona smiled and rested her chin on his shoulder. "Kwon Jiyong."

 

"Yes?" He cupped her face and stared at her.

 

"WHY ARE THE TOASTS BURNT AGAIN?!"

 

Jiyong immediately hid the toasts and cleaned up the mess. "S-sorry! You know I'm born to be in the office and not in the kitchen! Mianhae." He pouted.

 

"Are you trying to cook dinner?" Yoona crossed her arms.

 

"Y-yeah."

 

"Who will eat those toasts?"

 

"Me. I got used to eating toasts and coffee for dinner."

 

Yoona knew the reason why but she still asked. "Why?"

 

"I can't cook. I can't always eat outside. It's not good."

 

"Go rest or something. I'll cook dinner."

 

Jiyong looked up and bit his lip. "Alright.."

 

Yoona prepared chicken stew and kimchi pancakes for their dinner. Her head was still throbbing and her fever returned this afternoon. She really thought that Jiyong won't return. The way he releasee her hand was like when he left her before. She fell asleep crying again so her eyes were still red and puffy. Jiyong didn't leave the kitchen and just watched her cook instead. She was wiping her cheeks from time to time so he noticed that something was wrong.

 

"Hey, are you okay?"

 

"Yeah. Go rest. I'll call you later when dinner is done." Yoona continued on chopping the vegetables without looking at him.

 

"Look at me." Jiyong demanded but Yoona pretended not to hear anything. He lifted up her face and saw tears flowing down. "You asked me to come home but it seems like you're regretting it. I'll just leave, then. If that's the case. No regrets, remember? That's what you told me."

 

"I know, Ji. My head hurts and I'm s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter