Loser

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loser, loner

A coward who pretends to be tough

A mean delinquent

In the mirror, you’re just a loser

 

Youngbae watched as Jiyong sipped his third glass of vodka. They are in the CEO's office and Youngbae felt really sorry for his good friend. It's obvious that he's hurt but he keeps denying it.

 

"Ji, stop that. It's morning and you didn't even eat breakfast!"

 

"Who cares? No one. So leave me alone."

 

"Bastard." Youngbae shouted and grabbed the glass. "Instead of sulking there and drinking, why don't you actually just work and talk to her again?"

 

"Nah. She'll just push me away again." Jiyong chuckled bitterly and stood up. But he was too weak right now so he stumbled down on the floor. Youngabe didn't make any move to help him up. "She said she loves me. ing liar."

 

It's been three days since that night. Jiyong was a crying mess when he got back to Seoul and all he did was to drink till he gets drunk and wake up with a headache and heartache. He isn't used to the torture yet so decided to drink until he forgets what happened. 

 

"It's too early to get drunk, Kwon." 

 

"Oh right. Happy Birthday, man."

 

"Tch. I've been here for an hour and you just greeted me. I'm hurt." Younbae feigned a fake hurt expression.

 

"Ew. It doesn't suit you. Wonder why Yul still stays with you."

 

"Shut up and oh, I'm not sure if you know but I know you do-- Yuri will invite her."

 

"Of course. She's your girlfriend's best friend so she must be there." Jiyong chuckled bitterly.

 

"Right. Good luck, then." Youngbae rolled his eyes and left Jiying in his office. He knew better than to leave him alone when his friend is in this kind of state. Jiyong ruffled his hair in frustration and loosened his necktie. Just as he was falling asleep, his phone beeped and he read the message.

 

From: ***

Hey, hun. See ya later. ;)

 

 

Yuri stayed at home to prepare for the party tonight. It's Youngbae's birthday today and a lot of his friends are coming tonight. Their house has a vast bar room, made specially for occassions like this. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk offered their help to Yuri. 

 

"Yul, where's Yoong? She should be here. She's the master of the kitchen." Hyoyeon asked and laughed.

 

"Yah. Did you forget that she has a business to take care of? And I guess she won't come anyway. You know, Ji--" Eunhyuk added.

 

"Oh no, I think they're getting along well. In fact, they already spent a vacation in Jeju for 3 days." Yuri smiled and continued cooking.

 

Hyoyeon stopped stirring the soup and looked at Yuri. "Are you kidding me or what?" 

 

"Of course not! It's true~ I think Jiyong's making his way again."

 

"Yoona agreed?" 

 

"Hm. Not sure of that but I think she still has a soft spot for him. It's been just a year, anyway."

 

"Well, did you tell her to come over tonight?" Eunhyuk asked.

 

"Not yet. I'll give her a call now."

 

[Yeoboseyo?]

 

"Yoona ya!"

 

[Oh Yul~ what's up?] Yoona sounded tired and Yul immediately noticed it.

 

"Are you okay? Are you sick?"

 

[Ani~ maybe I'm just sleepy.]

 

"Get some sleep, then! Anyways, come over here tonight, okay?"

 

[Why?]

 

"Youngbae's birthday!"

 

[Oh~ please tell him I said happy birthday.] Yoona laughed.

 

"Yah! Come here tonight. It's no fun without you. And Youngbae will probably get sad if you're not here."

 

[I can't. Work.]

 

"You can do that tomorrow. Please?" 

 

Yoona was silent for a moment. [Um. The kids.]

 

"Seungmi will be here! They could play." 

 

[Yah. I know that the celebration will get late so no.]

 

Yuri sighed. "Fine. You can go home by 10pm. Pleaaaaseee?"

 

Yoona chuckled. [Fine. We'll be there.]

 

"Yay! Thanks, Yoongie~ See you later." Yuri grinned.

 

[Ne~]

 

 

"Sooyoung. You should come along. Let's just have an early closing today."

 

"Mwo? I think it's the first time that I've heard the owner say such things." Sooyoung mocked.

 

"Well-- it's Youngbae oppa's birthday party. You know that, right? And I'm sure Daesung invited you."

 

"Um.. yeah." Sooyoung blushed and looked away. "But Irene can do the closing. We don't have to close early. There are still a lot of customers."

 

Yoona bit her lip and looked at the wall clock. "Arasseo. But let's leave now. I still have to fetch the kids and let's buy a gift."

 

Yoona instructed Irene on what to do with the shop and they left to fetch the kids. They also passed by the mall to buy their gifts. They arrived at the house by 6PM and a lot of Youngbae's friends were already there. 

 

The loud blasts of music can be heard as soon as they parked the car. The twins rushed inside the house and the two ladies followed. The living room was filled with unfamiliar guests and Yoona heaved a sigh of relief when she saw Yuri.

 

"Yul." Yoona hugged her. "Where's the celebrant?"

 

Yuri pointed out the guy with an annoyed face. "There. He's been talking to them as soon as he arrived. He hasn't talked to me yet."

 

"You'll get your moment later. Don't be jealous~"

 

Yuri scoffed. "Yah, you look pale? Something happened?"

 

Yoona touched her face and sighed. "I'm just tired. I'll just sleep it off."

 

"YAH! KWON YURI!" Sooyoung shouted and she ran to the tan girl aalnd gave her a tight hug.

 

"Geez, Soo! You're acting like that because he's looking at you." Yuri teased and stuck her tongue out.

 

"A-aniya! I just haven't seen you in a long time!" Sooyoung defended herself.

 

"Yeah, because you're always at the coffee shop. Sometimes I wonder if Yoona sold it to you already." Yuri and Yoona laughed as Sooyoung scoffed.

 

More guests were entering the mansion and Yoona just watched the guests interact with each other. Youngbae is Jiyong's business partner so it's no surprise that he has a lot of connections. The twins went upstairs to play with Seungmi and they were accompanied by Yuri's cousin. 

 

Yoona was already yawning a lot and she wanted to go home already. She haven't had a good sleep yet ever since they came home from Jeju. After that talk with Jiyong, she went back to the room and packed their things. By early morning, she left with the kids. Jiyong got himself drunk stayed at the bar till morning. When he went back to the room, he was met by the cold air. Yoona had already left with the kids and once again, his heart broke. 

 

"Yoong~ let's stay at the bar now. Everyone is there." Yuri smiled and clinged onto Yoona's arms. They walked together to the said place and the vast venue was filled with loud music, smoke and smell of alcohol. It seems like they are back to their freedom days - where they could just play and drink until they pass out. 

 

They saw Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon enjoying their time and the ladies decided to sit with the couple. They exchanged hugs and drank together.

 

"Yoong! How have you been? Heard you're back with him?"

 

"Hey, oppa~ aniyo. We're not." Yoona smiled briefly.

 

"Yeah. Really not." Hyoyeon had a look as if she was about to kill someone. They followed at where she was looking, and there they saw Jiyong with his arm around a silver haired woman, looking like a couple. Yoona immediately looked away as Jiyong gazed on her.

 

"Yoongie.. I thought everything was fine?" Yuri held her hand tightly.

 

"I turned him down." Yoona drank a bit of vodka. "It's fine. See."

 

"Who is she? Wow. Just three days and he already has another woman. So incredible." Eunhyuk exclaimed in annoyance. "You should've dated Donghae. Oh and he's here too, btw."

 

"Yah! Past is past. Donghae is out of the topic. That Kwon Jiyong is really getting into my nerves. You did the right thing, Yoona. He doesn't deserve you." Hyoyeon gave Yoona a hug.

 

Yoona just ignored what's happening but from time to time, she looks around only to find that Jiying was staring at her. The silver haired woman whispered something to Jiyong and he smirked as he looked at Yoona. He was obviously drunk by this time. She just stood up and walked to Youngbae ti greet him.

 

"Oppa! Happy Birthday!" She leaned in and gave him a hug. "Here's my gift. Best wishes to you and Yuri!" Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter