Family Day

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passes like water flows

I’m building a dam called memories

There are memories that I couldn’t hold onto

It’s the reason why I look beyond the horizon again today

 

 

“Mommy Mommy Mommy!!!” Jihoon shook his mom who was sleeping at the sofa. Folders were scattered around the table and all over the floor. His mommy obviously fell asleep while reading these documents last night. 

 

Yoona moved a bit but drifted off to sleep again. When Jihoon noticed it, he pouted and kissed his mommy’s cheek repeatedly.

 

“Mommy~ wake up! It’s family day today!” Jia pulled her mom’s arms up. "We can't be late~ Daddy will fetch us~" Yoona finally got up lazily and rubbed her eyes.

 

“What time is it?” Yoona yawned as she stood up and stretched her arms.

 

“7:30 am!”

 

“Damn.” Yoona cursed silently and hurriedly fixed the scattered folders. Jiyong would pick them up by 8:30AM since the program would start by 9:30AM. Jiyong hates being late in any occasion or event, hence, he told them to get prepared early. "Let's hurry up. Go take a bath, okay? I'll prepare your breakfast. Don't play around!" 

 

"Ne~" The twins did as they were told and Yoona went t the kitchen. She doesn't want to be late because Jiyong really hates waiting. She suddenly remembered a time when Jiyong got really mad when they were late for a business partner's wedding.

 

"What the hell, Yoona! It's already 10:30AM! We're thirty minutes late because of you. What the hell are you doing?!" Jiyong shouted from outside their bedroom and ruffled his hair in annoyance.

 

"Calm down, Ji. I'm coming out!" Yoona shouted back. Jiyong hissed and just went outside to wait for his wife. Finally, she came out after five minutes and ran to his already annoyed husband.

 

"Sorry. I took long. How do I look?" Yoona was fixing her dress and when she looked up, Jiyong was already staring at her. "What?" She asked again and blinked.

 

Yoona was shocked when Jiyong pulled her closer and leaned in to give her a kiss. When he pulled away, he noticed that Yoona blushed and he tucked her hair behind her ear. "You look so beautiful." He whispered. "Maybe even more beautiful than the bride today." He chuckled and kissed her forehead. "It's worth waiting for someone as beautiful as you."

 

"Yah!" Yoona hit his chest as she blushed harder.

 

"Let's go before I change my mind." He winked and opened the car door for her.

 

 

"Huh." Yoona shook her head to get herself out of that memory. She actually prepared three sandwiches - one for her and one each for the twins. But she thought that Jiyong most probably wouldn't eat breakfast and so she prepared four instead and even brought a bottle of water for him. Ms. Lee also texted her last Tuesday that they should wear red shirt. On that very day too, she asked Yuri to come with her to the mall to buy shirts and to tell her what happened.

 

 

Tuesday

 

It was 10:00AM and Yoona was busy reading emails and reviewing documents. Her eyes were still groggy because she cried again last night's happening. Her focus was diverted to her phone when it beeped, indicating that she has a new message. She picked it up and opened it.

 

From: Ms. Sunny Lee

Good morning, Mrs. Kwon! Please wear red shirts on Friday. Thank you~

 

"Mrs. Kwon, huh." She snorted. She thought about texting Jiyong about this but decided that she should just call Yuri to accompany her to the mall and to treat her for lunch. Her friend can't say no when she says it's a treat. Yuri agreed to come with her and when she saw Yoona picking up red shirts, she was confused.

 

"Hey, Yoong!" Yuri smiled and gave her friend a quick hug.

 

"Yul!" Yoona returned the hug and grinned.

 

"Uhh--" Yuri looked at the red shirts that Yoona had in her basket. "What are those for?"

 

"Hmm?" The younger looked at the basket and replied, "Oh. For family day on Friday. At school."

 

Yuri counted the shirts. "One, two, three and four. Two small ones and two large ones." She looked at Yoona and asked, "Oh my gosh. You have a new boyfriend?!" 

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. "Of course not!" 

 

"You're gonna invite me instead, then? Or Heechul oppa?"

 

"Nope. I'll tell you about that later." Yuri knows something happened but she decided to talk it over for lunch later.

 

They went to a Japanese restaurant and ordered a lot since both of them are really big eaters. While Yuri was eating, Yoona put her chopsticks down and cleared .

 

"Oh right. What's the matter?" Yuri asked as she ate her sushi.

 

"Erm-- we met again.." Yoona looked down.

 

"Who? The one who's bugging you for the coffee shop?"

 

"Ani," Yoona laughed. "Erm.. Jiyong.."

 

"Oh Jiyong." Yuri ate again and almost spit out her food when she realized that she really mentioned Jiyong. "Wait. What?! Jiyong?! When?! Why?!" She almost shouted at the top of her lungs.

 

Yoona drank her red tea before answering. "Just yesterday. Why? I don't know. He said he was just passing by the school but I doubt it. He didn't tell me why. No need to."

 

Yuri frowned as she saw Yoona's sad face. Her friend was trying to hide it, but she could see through it. "So, the other shirt is for Jiyong?" Yoona nodded as a response and continued eating. After a while, Yoona spoke up again.

 

"He even went at home to eat dinner and he was the one who sent the kids to sleep. I asked him if he could come on Friday for the sake of the kids.. He said yes. And I guess that would be the last."

 

"That's all he said?"

 

"Well.. he hugged me and told me that he missed me.." Yoona said in a low voice. 

 

Yuri held her hands and smiled. "We won't know if that would be the last. But who knows? Maybe this is the time. Give it a try but don't give in too easily."

 

At exactly 8:30AM, Jiyong arrived wearing a black shirt and jeans, with his oh so expensive hat and shades. If you would look at him, he looks like a celebrity. Yoona and the kids were already outside before 8:30 and the kids smiled when they saw their dad. 

 

"Daddy!" The twins shouted as he got out. They hugged each other and he kissed their foreheads. 

 

"Good morning!" He greeted happily and he looked at Yoona. "Morning, Yoona."

 

Yoona only gave a brief nod and smiled. 

 

"So.. let's go?"

 

"Sure." Yoona nodded and she helped Jiyong in settling the kids inside.

 

The drive to the school was quiet. Yoona sat in the passenger seat while the twins sat at the back. No one was talking and only the music from the radio can be heard. Yoona felt awkward but her face didn't show it. She sighed and cleared .

 

"Have you eaten?"

 

Jiyong glanced at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter