Come Back Home

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Two Three

You left me but

I can hear you breathing from somewhere

 

It's been a week since that night and Jiyong acts fine now. He's back to his usual cold demeanor and the people around him started to get worried. Well, the first two days after that night were hard. Especially for Youngbae. Seeing his friend in such a state made him sad.

 

"What happened?" Youngbae asked as he saw Chaerin walking in and Xin was carrying Jiyong at his back.

 

"He went to Yoona's house. I guess they talked but it wasn't a good one." Chaerin said and bit her lower lip. They accompanied Xin to the guest room and watched Jiyong in his sleep.

 

Yuri followed them, bringing a damp towel and she used it to wipe Jiyong's face. "Did Yoona say something?" She asked in a monotonous voice.

 

"Yeah. But nothing important. She just said to take care of that drunk guy." Xin answered.

 

"I-- I'll talk to Yoona." 

 

"You don't have to, Chaerin. I'll do it." Youngbae said as he removed Jiyong's shoes and pulled a blanket over him. "Yul, I'll go back to the guests. Take care of this jerk, okay? As what Yoona said." He smiled and kissed Yuri's forehead. "Xin, let's go."

 

When Youngbae and Xin left, Yuri thought that Chaerin would follow. But instead, she sat on the bed and stared at Jiyong.

 

"He loves her that much. Am I right?"

 

"Obviously." Yuri spat. "You're that girl from America, right? Why are you here?"

 

"Look, I came here for a business. Don't get it wrong."

 

"So you're not in a relationship with Jiyong or something?"

 

"Of course not! Yoona must've got it wrong. I will talk to her."

 

"Sure. But give it a time."

 

They stayed there for an hour and much to their amusement, Jiyong still kept on mumbling Yoona's name.

 

"Yoona... w-where is Yoona.." Jiyong stirred in his sleep. "Tell Yoona to come.."

 

Yuri sighed and touched his forehead. He has a high fever! She put the damp towel on his forehead and told Chaerin that she'll be out for a while to get a shirt. Chaerin nodded and his hair. Her eyes widened when the guy sleeping suddenly grabbed her hand and held it tight.

 

"Ji--"

 

"Yoona.. don't leave me.." It's her first time to see his friend being so fragile. She saw the tear roll down his cheek. "Please.. Yoona.."

 

She sighed and pulled her hand away. "Go to sleep. Everything will get better."

 

 

 

"Yoona. You look really pale! Get some rest!" Sooyoung exclaimed as she saw Yoona working in the kitchen. "Yah! Are you even listening?"

 

"Yoona ssi, someone's looking for you." Irene stated.

 

Yoona blinked a few times before answering. "Okay." She's running a high fever now but she's eager to work today. 

 

When she went out of the kitchen, she was surprised to see Chaerin sitting bear the window and sipping coffee. She fixed her dress and approached her. "Annyeonghaseyo." She bowed and smiled. 

 

Chaerin stood up and extended her hand for a handshake. "Hello, Yoona ssi. Are you busy?"

 

"Not that much." Yoona smiled but the tiredness in her face can easily be noticed. "Let's talk in the office upstairs, shall we?" 

 

"Sure."

 

Yoona led the way to her office upstairs and she offered her guest to have a seat. Chaerin sat in the sofa and looked at Yoona who was busy cleaning her desk.

 

"Are you sick? You really look pale."

 

"I'm just tired. It's nothing serious." She smiled.

 

Chaerin nodded. "Mmhm. I see."

 

"Sorry for the mess." She chuckled shyly. "Anything you want to eat?"

 

"No, I won't take long. I just want to talk to you."

 

After a few minutes, Yoona finally sat down. She was wondering as to why this lady is here but she's sure that she'll talk about Jiyong. "Chaerin ssi-- if you think I'm still with Jiyong--"

 

"No no." The silver haired woman laughed softly. "I knew you would think like that."

 

"Eh?"

 

"I believe we already met each other a few years back?"

 

"I don't remember well.."

 

"Oh. Anyways, I'm Lee Chaerin. Jiyong's friend."

 

Yoona looked up and a shocked expression was written on her face. "Friend? You're not his.." 

 

"Girlfriend? Of course not! I don't like to date him. Wonder why you married him." 

 

"..."

 

Chaerin laughed. "Aigoo. I'm just a friend. I'm living in America now. I just came back to settle some business."

 

"I see..." Yoona nodded slowly and Chaerin could notice that she's awkward.

 

She stared at Yoona and realized why Jiyong loves her that much. She knows that they separated for a year but her good friend decided to take her back. Yoona is such an innocent and sweet woman. Jiyong always loved that innocent look on her face. Yoona has all the good things that a guy is looking for. Jiyong hit the jackpot.

 

"You're so unfortunate." Chaerin teased and smirked when she saw Yoona's eyes widened.

 

"I know.."

 

"Don't get it wrong. I mean.. Jiyong is such a bastard. And you're an angel."

 

Yoona chuckled. "That's harsh."

 

"Yeah. The way he left you is harsher though."

 

"Hm. It's all in the past."

 

"He still loves you. Why don't you give him a chance? I'm sure he regrets leaving you till this very moment."

 

"Nah. I've decided. I'm sure he's fine now. He'll forget it. He moves on easily."

 

"He isn't. I heard he's all smiles when he was meeting you this past few weeks. But if you look at him now, he's back to the cold and mysterious one."

 

"And what do you want me to do?"

 

"Please please please. Give him one more chance. I'm not in any position to say this but I think it's for the best. Don't let it slip away."

 

"I'm too afraid to take the risk. I've been good for the past year that he wasn't there. I already told him that it will be the same."

 

"That's where you are wrong." Chaerin sighed. "Don't be afraid to take the risk. There's no point if you didn't even try. If Jiyong puts in his effort, you should too. I can see that both of you still love each other. So why are you being stubborn there?"

 

"I'm being protective. He has all the power to hurt me again."

 

"That night during the party, we played with him. You know that, right? The voice messages.."

 

"I didn't listen to it."

 

"Oh my gosh, Yoona. Why didn't you?!" Chaerin shouted in frustration. "You should've listened to it!"

 

"Why should I? You played with him while he's drunk. I believe that's the case, right?"

 

"Oh you know. Clever. When we fetched him, he kept on mumbling your name even in his sleep. Ah, that poor jackass. It's the first time I've seen him like that. What have you done to him? I never thought that he has that fragile side."

 

Yoona just listened to what Chaerin was saying. Her head was throbbing from both headache and from what Chaerin was saying. 

 

Chaerin finally stood up to bid goodbye to her. "I'll go now. Nice to meet you, Yoona. I wish you happiness."

 

Yoona stood up but due to her headache, she stumbled a bit and she held onto the sofa for support. 

 

"Are you okay? Should I take you to the hospital?"

 

"No..no need. I'm fine. Nice to meet you too and take care, Chaerin."

 

"A-alright.." Chaerin bowed. "See you." Yoona bowed as well and her guest went ahead already. She sat down again and closed her eyes. 

 

"Damn this headache." Yoona said as she massaged her temples. She stood up again to get a glass of water and when she saw her phone on her desk, she picked it up. She haven't listened to it yet. Or no, she doesn't have any plans to listen to it at all. But Chaerin made her curious about it. So she stood up by the window and played it one by one. 

 

Her head started to throb again and her vision started to get dark. But she still managed to listen to the last voice message.

 

"Im Yoona. You're the worst - hik!"

 

"I always thought you're the kindest one I've met but it's the other way around - hik! You're the worst for leaving me like this."

 

Yoona started to cry and she was leaning on the wall because her vision is already spinning.

 

"You think I'm always the one at fault, but this time, it's yours. You'll regret this. But I'll have you back. I'll get you back."

 

Sooyoung went upstairs to call Yoona for lunch. She knocked on the door three times but received no answer.

 

"Yoona. Hey. It's time for lunch." She knocked again and sighed. "You should take your medicine now too." 

 

She finally opened the door and shouted when she saw Yoona lying on the floor, unconscious.

 

 

 Yuri drove fast to Jiyong's office as soon as Sooyoung texted her. She thought that it's a better idea if Jiyong would be the one to take care of Yoona.

 

"Where is Jiyong?"

 

"Ms. Kwon, sajangnim is currently in a meeting."

 

"With who?"

 

"Mr. Dong and Mr. Choi--"

 

"Thank you."

 

As soon as Yuri stepped into the office, she immediately threw her phone to Jiyong and luckily, he caught it. The three guys were looking at her with shocked expressions.

 

"What? You're selling this to me? I can buy lots." 

 

"Yuri, we're in a meeting."

 

"Meeting or drinking session?" Yuri rolled her eyes.

 

"Babe, what's the problem?"

 

"Read the message, Kwon Jiyong." 

 

From: Sooyoung

Yoona fainted and I took her to the hospital. She has a high fever and she looks pale these past few days. Please come now. At Siwon oppa's hospital.

 

"I'll fetch the kids--" Yuri said but Jiyong immediately ran off when he read the text. Seunghyun chuckled as he removed his glasses.

 

"He kept saying that he doesn't care but he's such a liar after all."

 

"True. You know him. He's good at hiding his feelings."

 

Yuri laughed at how Jiyong acted. His face went pale and he frowned. They know how he cares so much for Yoona.

 

"But what happened to Yoona, babe?"

 

"Oh you know that stubborn girl, she's a workaholic."

 

"Tell your friend to quit working then because she's the wife of a CEO." Seunghyun joked.

 

"Yah, oppa!" Yuri shouted and hit him.

 

"Bae, are you sure you're gonna marry her? Geez. So violent."

 

This earned him another hit from Youngbae. "Of course, hyung. 200% sure." Yuri blushed at Youngbae answer which made the older guy shake his head.

 

"What time will you fetch the kids?"

 

"I'll leave by 3pm."

 

"Alright. I'll come with you."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter