Chapter 2: Autumn Cold

Autumn Calling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

** Haeundae Marine City, Busan - Song Residance - Autumn 2011 **

Min Soo laid Ji Hyo in her bed and tucked her in. She groaned and grabbed her head. Her headache was starting to develop into a migraine. Min Soo took notice and swiftly reached over to her bedside table to grab her medication. He lifted her head and coaxed her to eat her pills.

"Aegisshi, please get up. I know it hurts right now. But you need to eat your medicine."

Min Soo sighed. He pulled her up to a sitting position and leaned her against the headboard. He took the unopened bottle of water on her desk and fed her the pills. After a tremendous amount of effort, Ji Hyo finally fell asleep. Min Soo tucked the blanket beneath her chin and sat beside her on the bed. He reached out and smoothen her hair hoping that in some way it would help soothe her migraine.

"What should I do, Aegisshi?" he whispered to himself.

He looked up to the ceiling and sighed. "Tell me what I should do Do Yeon seonbaenim."

He looked back at his charge and ran his hand over his face. Tonight of all nights, he began to feel like his 41 years of age catching up to him. Min Soo, himself, was starting to get a headache from wondering how to handle the situation downstairs. The lawyer was due to arrive soon, and Ji Hyo needed to be present at the reading of the will. He secretly cursed Ji Hyo’s uncles. They were specifically told that it was going to be a small private affair with minimal attendance, limited only to those who are involved. But as usual, whenever money was concerned, bloody wolves come running in packs. Though, it was still a mystery to Min Soo what multi-millionaire businessman Choo Sung Hoon had to do the Song family will.

Massaging his temple, Min Soo leaned forward, resting his forearms on his knees. A knock on the door snapped him out of his thoughts. The door slowly creaked open revealing Hyo Joo, Ji Hyo's maternal cousin. Dressed casually in t-shirt and jeans, Min Soo knew she was not there for the event. Hyo Joo poked her head further in and spotted Min Soo. Quietly, she stepped into the room and softly shut the door. Turning to the older man, she bowed and greeted him.

"How is she, Min Soo-sshi?"

Min Soo stood up and backed away from the bed, allowing the young woman to approach Ji Hyo. Hyo Joo took a seat where Min Soo had occupied and reached out to move strands of hair from her cousin's forehead.

"You know how she is with crowds."

Hyo Joo sighed. "If he wasn't my dad, I'd definitely strangle him with my bare hands. I'm sorry Min Soo-sshi, for not informing you earlier about the onslaught of people my dad dragged in. I came as soon as I realized what he did." Min Soo shook his head. "It wasn't your fault Agasshi." Hyo Joo nodded. She turned to Min Soo and furrowed her eyebrows. "If my eyes didn't deceive me, I thought I saw Choo Sung Hoon-sshi downstairs." Min Soo nodded. He walked towards the window and flipped the side of the curtain slightly to peer out. A sleek black sedan made its way down the gravel road heading straight to the house.

"The lawyer?" Hyo Joo questioned.

"I'm afraid so."

Hyo Joo stood to from the bed and walked to the door. She reached for the handle and turned it. She looked back over her shoulder. "Get her ready, Min Soo-sshi. I'll try to stall them as long as I can." She then swiftly left the room, closing the door shut behind her.

Hyo Joo stalked down the hallway noting the drawn velvet curtains hiding the occupants from outside view. She began to wonder if that was enough to keep the people in the huge house safe. Shaking her head slightly, she fastened her pace and walked downstairs, heading straight for her father. She noticed a wide-built man, his back facing her, talking to her father. Her father’s eyes widened as he noticed her coming towards him. “Honey, what are you doing here?” Han Dong Joon questioned as he beckoned Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter