The Excitement Can Only Last So Long

to kill the hart that helps you live

the new moon shaded the sky in darkness hiding me and jinki from being seen on the big hill  touring over the huge mansion, the only light for miles was that of my targets house. jinki set up a small camp made of gadgets from the agency x-ray binoculars heat sensors etc.

“i can’t go any further than this once you enter the house i will only ask about what tactic or method you’ll be using understand”

“yes”

“then you may began” it was slow movements when i began to descend down the hill but each step i took leading toward my destination was filled with excitement key was right it's not like a simulator it’s.... better my scenes are heightened i feel free key wouldn't be able to stop me during the middle of the actual test like he did in the simulator, he cant tell the the real villains to stop and let me take a twenty minute beak,this feeling of freedom i know i could get used to. When i neared the entrance door jinki spoke in the MIC attached to ear.

“where will you be entering?” you see this is more than a test ​this is my resume for future clients that want to hire me  right now jinki is writing down every little detail of of what I'm doing checking my breathing,footwork ,tactics everythign i'm doing equals up to a score. things like if you are able to to stay hidden even in the most obvious places a place where you have a really good chance of being seen then that's a higher score the more you do this the higher the score the better your rank as an assassin the more jobs you’ll get.

“the front” key always told me when it came to my first mission don't try to out do the best time or score just get it over with stay as far away from the people as you can't but key isn't here and I'm so thankful for that.

“ are you sure? i can see everything, you can go thru the back the score doesn't matter you know”

“jinki, it’s my mission and no i wont take the back just sit back and watch”

i stood in a tall  tree on one of the many leafy green tree branches making sure i wasn't heard or discovered, the doors are right in front of me this is where it begins. i took a breath in and releasing it out with all of my excitement and changed it to a completely serious persona, i have to time all of my movements just right meaning no time for mistakes. there were no guards outside but i can guarantee they’ll be there on the inside of the front door. there were a few birds on the ground, it was a perfect distraction i jumped from the tree to pick up a rock heavy enough to have the hit on the glass door sound like a bird. i aimed it perfectly when i thru it the flock of birds went flying, the door opened bearing a head of a guard peeking out of the doorway.

“who is it?” a deep voice asked from the inside i presume it was another guard

the man's head  soon came with a body as he stepped further out onto the house deck, when he looked around i ducked in the tall bushes i observed him deciphering what would be the best spot to attack , his neck seemed perfect.

He looks up to see the birds flying away “well?” the other guard said from inside

“ it’s just some bir-”  he fell to his knees a new pathway of blood flew threw him and onto the concrete his new slit in his neck made me hipper my first actual kill.

“Min?, Min hyung?” the other stepped out to see the dead body creating a red pool of blood

“MIN!-”  i drooped from above his faith was just the same.

“have you been compromised?”

“no, i killed in the blind side of the camera”

“name your next move, perhaps the air shaft or-”

“jinki, don't be key”

“only looking out for my younger brother”

“you're more ….” i struggled to hide the bodies in the bushes it would give me more time if they weren’t discovered “of my father figure”

“aww such sweet words, where next”

“main corridor then halls”

“understood”

i made my way inside there weren't many guards at the front part of the house but more servants, rule number one no unnecessary killing I'll have to work my way around them jinki said the master bed room is located in the middle of the house on the second floor.

"I've located the stairs I'm traveling through that understood”

“yes, got it”

the second floor was made a little different there were more halls and a lot of closed doors opening one could  lead me to getting caught.

“huuu,”

“turn right”

“thanks hyung”

“then a left you’ll see a long hall, at the end are two large double doors that’s the main office it’s connected to the master bed room that's where your target is located i don’t know if anyone else is inside the room, you’ll have to find out on your own”

“thank you hyung,”

“no problem, time is 10:22 if you want to beat the all time high of 250 points under 15 minuets  you need to do it under the next 6 minutes, so far you're at 200 points  under 5 minutes if  think you can manage it?”

“you know i can”

“good knock em dead- Minho what are you”

Minho hyung is there?”

“no just focus” he’s so weird

when i turned left the long hall was waiting,  there wasn't  anyone around the sound of laughter was coming from behind the two large doors.

quickly and quietly i moved down the hall to open the bronze double doors i was surprised it was unarmed i expected more being how important this man is to the cross sea trade. when i opened one of the larger doors i looked around, inside there was no one just a large wooden desk in a four corner room  the floor covered in books and papers one wall happens to have an arch way i suppose that was the way to the master bedroom, an abrupt loud laughter come from beyond the arch doorway.

“ yobo, you must stop i found it completely embarrassing the way you talk about me to your friends and clients” it was a woman from the sound of the voice.

“everyone must know you are my wife” the man spoke he is my target i don’t need to kill the wife but if things get sticky i won’t hesitate.

“do you see your target?”

“no but i can hear them,i memorized his face and voice from the videos, its him”

“3 min”

i moved closer and got in position

“yobo, when will i see your son” the woman asked, he has a kid?

“soon, my dear soon”

“tell me about him” i take out my gun

“ he’s 17 ,smart and bright, very talented and he’s a looker and charming-”

“sounds like he’s got all of your traits

“yes but he has his mother's eyes and sense of humor" it was silent i ceased moving into position hoping that they didn’t hear me.

“ i miss him, so much” the women for was mournful when she said those words but i couldn't stop to think why i had to finish it now.

“your son?  i move from my hidden spot to see my target and then i see his wife time stopped and so did  i just stood in the archway.

“yes,he was beautiful gorgeous he would have been a fine gentle-” CLICK  the door behind me banged opened.

“umma?” BANG.

line-break2.jpg

 

jinki pov

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” the scream was ear curdling .

“taemin, taemin, TAEMIN, ANSWER ARE YOU HURT, TAEMIN!” no reply, taemin answer  

“what happened, is taemin alright is he hurt?” Minho's worried voice only made me panic more "Minho we have to go we have to see what's happening”

we dashed from our hidden positions the alarms on the house went off but that didn’t stop us  we have to get him now we don't take the way taemin went we headed toward the master room window.i kept tripping my running never felt fast enough.

“jinki what… happened” Minho asked lagging behind me 

“i don’t know i heard a gunshot and a loud scream when i asked if he was alright he didn’t respond”

“” Minho mummers when we entered the room thru the window, there was still loud screaming and a woman covered in blood of her dead lover.

she looked for help but found us she was horrified, our faces were covered only our mouths could be seen.

“wh..who are you can you help him” i looked to see a large hole in the middle of his head taemin did good ,but is taemin hurt?.

“where is he?” she looked up horrified  

" do you mean the monster that shot my husband, what are you are with him bring him here i want to kill him” she jumped off the bed but stopped when a loud gunshot was fired

i turn to look at Minho but he was already gone i dashed right after him

“,, ”

when i turned the corner i see taemin flying all over the place taking lives one by one like a dead killing machine. he stopped when he noticed me and Minho his face showed no emotion what did he see.

a man come behind him and in the split second that taemin stopped gave the man all the time he need, taemin was stabbed on the right side of his lower stomach Minho pulled out his gun and shot the man quick  before he could anymore damage​ we both ran to help taemin stand.

“hyung," his voice was cold and filled with so much sadness

“shhh, taemin tell em later, we have to get you out of here" Minho picked him up bridal style trying his best to add pressure on the wound in the Position he was holding taemin.

“lets go”each man was shot down that ran in font of us but their numbers kept growing until we were surrounded i looked all around us for an exit and spotted a window .

"Minho escape thru there”

“ what no no, not without you jin-”

“HE’’S HURT YOU DON’T HAVE A CHOICE I’M NOT ASKING I’M COMMANDING NOW GO” Minho didn't reply i was begging to get annoyed but my worries were stronger, taemin was losing blood and Minho was being stubborn i need them both safe if they get hurt or worse, no jinki you can't think that way.

"MINHO!, please just listen"

“jinki you have to promise me, you'll come back" why would you make me promise that, knowing the possibly of my getting killed is very high i turn to smile at him hoping that he take it as some type of conformation.

Minho jumped on the attackers head and bust thru the window, but i knew that he knew, my smile was an empty it hurt to lie to him but it was to protect him  "Minho, I'm sorry" .

line-break2.jpg

“taemin's pov

my back hurt and i could feel small pricks of glass in my skin i looked up to see Minho carrying me away into the dark of night .

“where's, jinki?” i didn't even recognize my voice it was so low barely above a whisper i was surprised he even heard me.

“right behind us”  his voice cracked and his eyes shut tight tears were coming out of of the tightly closed slits i know he’s lying  

"Minho it hurts”

“i know, just hold on” my whole back felt wet and where Minho was holding me hurt the most, i want him to stop the pain is too much what was i thinking i blew my cover all because i thought i saw my mother i let my emotions get the best of me key was right i wasn't ready and what's worst i put Minho and Jinki in danger. my eyes were wet and running uncontrollably.

"I'm so sorry" Minho looked down at me, seeing me cry only sparked the fountain inside of him to run  more nothing could said or done the only thing that could make us both stop is to see jinki alive and well. 

a loud burst of glass shattering came from behind us Minho turned around and and saw jinki flying to the ground he looked hurt bad but able to walk he stood and smiled his always bright smile blood was dripping from his face he was trying his best to hobble in our direction Minho saw and let go of the air that was stuck in his throat relief washed over his face and mine but it was all too soon Minho turned around to meet him halfway until the final shot of the fight was fired as jinki went down and so did i. Minho dashed toward his fallen lover his screams cut my ears Minho pulled out his hand gun shots repeatedly fired in the direction of the man in the window i wanted to stand to scream with him, but all i could do was crawl. a small ringing began in my ears..

"jin-jinki" i can no-longer hear myself  ",JINKI!!" i want to run, i need to help him i need him, but I've lost too much blood, rocks and sticks kept stabbing my hands but they had long gone numb, the side of my stomach burned like hell.  i never knew i could hate the taste of my own blood so much i kept up chucking more and more, my breath was shallow it was a struggle to breath but more impossible to move the black spots started to cover my eyes little by little sight was taken from me i rapidly shook my head over and over hoping it would go away i was scared i didn't want my last sight to be Minho crying rocking jinki's lifeless body back and fourth . my will to keep moving was there but that can only do so much i was dying and i could feel it i preferred it i wanted Minho to leave me to save jinki that's what felt right. i began to black out my last thoughts were 'I'm sorry".