Plans and opportunities

The secret of the witches

“Okay, so first the location. It is actually not easy to find it, it’s in a big forest a few miles away from here. There are a lot of empty houses there, but we didn’t live in them, and those houses have a lot of traps and alarming systems in them. Some of them are spells made by witches but others are made by wolves, so not every of them are just spells. You can’t go inside the houses, and even on the road there are alarming spells too” Youngsook started.

“We – of course – know where they are, we will tell you later. But now about the place we lived. It’s a big cave with a lot of rooms in it. And it’s quite hard to find the right way at first. So you have to learn the way…” Jungsook continued.

“Wait! So you were serious when you said you won’t come with us?” Jongin asked.

“Yes” Youngsook said while Jungsook whispered “I don’t know”

“Wait, what? You don’t know?” Youngsook asked his sister.

“I don’t know. I think we should consider it. I think with us, they have a chance to defeat them” she said while eyeing the warriors and the vampires in the room and when she looked at Seunghyun she winked at him, which the vampire ignored.

“You can’t be serious, it’s still too dangerous. You know I’m not against a good fight, but I don’t want to get killed or see you dead either” Youngsook said.

“Look! We know the whole place, and we know the people inside it too. I think we could even convince some of them to help us” Jungsook stated.

“They have only ONE witch, with us it’s three. And we are not exactly multi-talented, sis. We have our specialties but with other spells we are average and not better. And they know our talents too” Youngsook said.

“Then we have to practice a little our other spells too. I’m sure their witch – I’m sorry, I don’t know your name – can help us” she said.

“Yeah but it takes time and we don’t have that” her brother replied.

“Look! That girl is quite strong, right? Not that she deserves it, but it’s true. I think she can bare it for a while. And even if they successfully break her, what do you think would happen if her mate would go to her? That wolf bond is unbelievably strong and unbreakable. I’m quite sure, her mate could ‘win her back’” she said while looking at Chanyeol.

“I don’t want her to suffer anymore” Chanyeol said on a soft voice.

“Yeah, I know, but look! If we don’t prepare for the fight, you won't be able to save her, you all will die. But if you can wait a little and train, than you have bigger chances to get her back” Jungsook explained. Chanyeol didn’t like this plan. He didn’t like the idea to wait, because it meant you suffer more and it just broke his heart every time he thought about it.

“Sis! Let’s talk outside!” Youngsook said and pulled his sister out of the room. Chanyeol rapidly blinked a few times and decided:

“I have to go to the bathroom” he said, but he went after the twins instead of the bathroom. He was standing behind the doorframe so the siblings didn’t see him.

"I don't know why you wanted so much to help them, but if it has something to do with that vampire guy…" Youngsook said to his sister.

"No! Of course not!" the girl replied.

"Good, because I don't want to risk my life for just a guy you got the hots for. But if it's not the reason than why…?" he asked, while Chanyeol took a step back. He didn't want to get caught while eavesdropping.

"I just think with the vamps we have a chance to win" Jungsook said.

"It's still too dangerous. Sis, we really shouldn't get envolved" the boy said and touched his sister's arm.

"Okay, look! We still can get away when things go wrong. But we can't just let Yeonhee there without even trying to help her, she's our friend" Jungsook said. Chanyeol got a little sad. So if the things go wrong, these twins will let them in the trouble and escape alone? He didn't really wanted to work with them, but on the other hand, they were his only chance. But of course he has to tell it to the others.

"There is so much things what can go wrong. Don't misunderstand me, I love Yeonhee and I don't want her to get hurt, but you are my sister. We spent our whole lives together. I couldn't bear to lose you" Youngsook said what made Chanyeol think a little more. He has his point, he thought.

"Relax, I'm not going anywhere. You couldn't even chase me away even if you want that" Jungsook winked at his brother. "Come on! Let's go back! I kinda miss my cutie vampire."

"God! You and your 'crushes'. You always get distracted by good-looking men" Youngsook mumbled, and Jungsook laughed and headed back to the living room. Chanyeol quickly ran where they couldn't see him, and after a little time he went back to the living room too.

“Alright, we help you! But give us at least a little time to practice other spells, we barely use anything other than our specialties” Youngsook explained.

“Alright! Till then… Chanyeol, please come here! We will try to connect her through your bond” your mother said.

“Oh, okay! What should I do?” Chanyeol asked.

“Do you need us for that? Cause if not, we have work to do” Kris stated. “Youngsook-ssi! Do you need a few people to help the two of you?”

“Just a few, maybe two, three?” Jungsook answered. “Yeonhee, and two boys? Of course not our lovely vampires. The sun is still up.”

“Yes, you are stucked here. Sorrrry!” Youngsook said but he didn’t seem like he feels sorry at all. Seunghyun glared at him angrily but they didn’t say a word and everyone left the house except your parents, Chanyeol and the vampire brothers.

“But don’t forget to help us, witch mother!” Jungsook turned back to shout it to your mother.

“You don’t need me, honey, right?” your father told your mother who turned towards him and looked at him quite surprised.

“No… But why? Do you want to go somewhere?” she asked.

“I… I got an idea and… I just want to try it, that’s all” he said while gritting his teeth.

“Yeobo…!” your mother called him, but he was already outside of the door. “What was that?” she asked mostly from herself.

“I don’t know” Chanyeol told her.

“Anyway, we should start our trip inside your head. So… I need you to concentrate on your bond, try to find it inside your mind and follow it till you reach ____-ah! I won’t try to get inside your head now, so you have to tell me what you see and feel, okay?” your mother told him and he nodded.

“I think we just go to another room. We don’t want to bother you” Jiyong said and all five of them left Chanyeol and your mother alone in the living room.

Chanyeol made himself comfortable on the couch and closed his eyes. He tried to search the core of your feelings what he slightly felt, so he could find where the bond starts. It was weird at first, because he didn’t know what he was looking for, but after a few minutes he found it, and started to follow it. But it was harder than he thought, and at first he just lost it and he had to find it again.

After a few attempts he realized, he has to go where your feelings are getting stronger, so he tried that method too and finally he found you at the other end of the bond. He got inside your head.

But he didn’t expect you to stay that quiet and frozen. Your eyes was closed, and you didn’t move, like you got into some strange and deep sleep. You didn’t have too much thoughts either, and it scared him, because you seemed too empty. After a half minute he felt something weird, it was like a slight push on your head, but he thought it could be the guy’s attempt to get inside your head. He was watching you with concern, but you stayed still and frozen. Was it your way to keep him out, he asked himself, and he tried to give you a mental caress, but he was surprised it actually worked, your head got full with thoughts about him.

You felt him, that he was there with you, and it made you stronger, because you wanted to fight for him. You knew if you could stay strong and fight back they would get you and you finally would be able to be with him again.

Chanyeol got really tired from the mental work he had to do just staying inside your head and he tried to signal you that he had to go back and somehow you understood it and pushed him slightly just to signal him that he should go. He got the massage and tried to go back following the bond but he was too tired and he just let everything go. He felt a pull from somewhere and he opened his eyes a few seconds later.

“Chanyeol-ah! Are you alright?” your mother asked him.

“I… think so…” he said, but he felt a little dizzy.

“What did you see?” she asked him.

“She was… I’m not sure but I think she was sleeping… or I don’t know how to describe it. Her eyes were closed and she had not so much going on in her head at first” Chanyeol started.

“Continue, please!” your mother told him gently.

“Then I felt a push. I can’t be sure but I think that was an attempt to get inside her head. I tried to give her a mental touch or I don’t know how to say it. You know just to let her know I am with her” he explained. “And she seemed to feel it, her head got full with thoughts about me, and with memories. But it was really tiring so I had to leave.”

“So, she was still keeping the intruder out?” she asked.

“Yes, I didn’t feel like last time, when he got inside her head” Chanyeol said and your mother felt a little relieved.

“Alright! You did well! Now go home and sleep, or sleep here if you want. You need a little rest” she said to him. “I go and talk with your parents, they must be really worried about you. And I have to help the twins’ training too. Go sleep, Yeollie!” your mother said and went out of the room. When Chanyeol was left alone, he laid down on the couch and after a few minutes he fall asleep.


“Oh! Are you done? Now you will help us?” Youngsook asked your mother when he saw her coming closer. They were on another glade – not the one where you met all of the wolves for the first time – what the warriors and sometimes the other members of the pack used for training. It was located near the village and it was big enough to fight and train.

“Yes, now I can help you. What do you need me to do?” she asked.

“Just show us a few of your spells and try to teach us how to do them!” Jungsook replied and your mother nodded.

They spent a few hours with the training and the twins were actually pretty good in learning. They quickly understood how the spells worked and they only needed a few tries to be able to do it. But – of course – your mother started with the easier but useful spells. With the time passing she showed them harder spells, which took a little more time to learn, but they were really good in it.

“Guys!” they heard a shout and saw Baekhyun running towards them. “Kris hyung said, we should gather up again” he said when he was near.

“You know we never will get ready if someone always bothers us” Youngsook said, but Baekhyun just rolled his eyes.

“Come on! It seemed important” Baekhyun said and started to walk back to the alpha’s house while the others followed him.

When they entered the house the others were already there except your father. Chanyeol was really tired, he only could sleep an hour before Minseok came to him to call him back – which was maybe 15 minutes ago – and he still didn’t wake up completely.

“I’m sorry to bother your practice,” Kris said looking at the twins, “but the vampire leaders here have something to tell us.”

“So we thought about the possibilities we have earlier and we talked about something… not so pleasant. We don’t have too much witches on our side, that’s a fact so as the Beginners have too much witches. I want to ask something first” Jiyoung started and looked at the twins. “Could it help us if no witches would be in the fight?”

“What? That’s not possible. They have a lot of witches and we can’t just lock all of them at once” Jungsook said.

“Yeah, I know, but what if we could solve that no witch could fight?” Youngbae asked.

“Well… I don’t know. Without the witches we would have numbers, I mean we have more werewolves and vampires, if you have more members to fight” Youngsook looked at Jiyoung who just nodded. “But the wolves and vamps they have are really skilled at fighting and some of them have special talents too.”

“But would it make a bigger chance to win for us?” Daesung asked.

“I think so but I’m not so sure. But why are you asking this?” Youngsook asked.

“Because we actually can solve that. We have a jadeite” Jiyoung said and finally everything made sense.

“Wait wait wait wait wait wait! You can’t be serious! Do you know what it does to us? If you use it, we can’t help, and we will be vulnerable” Youngsook said.

“I know! And I know, it would affect ____-ah too. But… if it means we have a bigger chance against them, I think we should actually consider this alternative too” Jiyoung said.

“No! I don’t want her to be like that again!” Chanyeol said a little louder.

“It’s too dangerous for our witches” Yeonhee said on a shaky voice.

“If we use that stupid rock, I won’t go, that’s sure!” Jungsook stated.

“And what if we try to get used to it?” your mother asked surprising everybody.

“Wait what? Get used to it? How?” Youngsook asked.

“Practice” Hyunjae said.

“Practice? You think it would work?” Jungsook asked.

“If we don’t try it, we will never know. But I think it could be a backup plan to use it” your mother said.

“Okay, I think we could at least try this too, or make a plan for using it too just in case” Kris said. “Everybody should think about it, make ideas for this Plan B. But now, we should go, we still have a lot of tasks.”

“Minseok, please, come with me!” Yeonhee said and grabbed the said man’s hand, and soon enough they were out of the house, so they could talk privately.

“Minseok oppa! I… I just wanted to speak with you about… about us” Yeonhee started a little hesitantly.

“What is there to speak about?” Minseok asked on a monotone voice.

“Are you still mad at me?” she asked.

“Mad? You think I should be mad? Why? Because my mate, the love of my life lied to me and betrayed me?” he asked on a calm voice but his eyes told he was mad.

“I didn’t betrayed you” Yeonhee stated.

“Oh, god, please! Of course you did! Don’t pretend like it wasn’t, because for me it was. You lied to me, you… you were using me” he said and now his voice was shaking.

“I didn’t use you! Oppa, how many times should I tell you, I never wanted to hurt you or anyone in your pack I wanted to help, but I thought it’s the best if you don’t know where I came from. And not to mention that you wouldn’t even know what I’m speaking about if I would mention ____-ssi. You didn’t remember her. What could I have done? I should have tell you that I am from a group who kidnapped the mate of your friend who you don’t remember? I wanted to help!” she said angrily.

“You could have done something… I don’t know, but… I don’t even know that your feelings are real or not. Do you know what I felt when I heard that you lied to us? I could have ripped out my heart and it wouldn’t be as painful as that was” Minseok said.

“I’m sorry, oppa! I really am. I didn’t know how to tell it to you and I was scared what would you say after I told you the truth” she said and stepped one step closer to him.

“You should have trusted me. Trust me that I can handle it. I trusted you so much, you can’t even imagine, but now… I just don’t know what I feel anymore” he said and lowered his head.

“So what does it mean? Are we… over?” she asked, panic in her voice.

“What are we humans? You are my mate, and I love you from the bottom of my heart, but I just feel this… painful hole in me. I love you, I still do and this will never change, and I could never let you go, but you have to understand how deep you hurt me. And I don’t think I’m thinking straight, and I know why you did it, but it still hurts. So… I’m a little confused and hurt, that’s all” he finished and he looked so lost that Yeonhee couldn’t help but closed the distance and hugged him tightly. Minseok stood there still for a few seconds, but then he hugged her back like his life depends on it.

Chanyeol quietly watched the couple from a bigger distance and he felt relieved. His heart was in pain, because he knew how strong the bond is and he could imagine what the elder had to go through. As soon as the twins came here and their story matched with Yeonhee’s he knew she told them the truth and he wanted them – Yeonhee and Minseok – to be together and happy again.

But he envied them too. He wanted to have you in his arms again, he wanted to touch you, feel you, and kiss you again. He envied Minseok that his mate wasn’t the one who got kidnapped, because you can always clear a misunderstanding, you just have to try hard enough, but if he loses you, he could never get you back, and that was his biggest fear. And he still thought about it when he slowly walked back to his house.


An unknown town…

Your father was walking on the quiet streets which he knew too well. It felt strange to come back here after those years he spent away, but the familiar streets didn’t change too much, so he knew where he should go. He wanted to find someone who could help to save you. He knew, it won’t be easy to convince him, but he wanted to try everything.

After a few minutes of walk he finally reached his destination, a little pub in the heart of the city. He stopped in front of the door just to inhale deeply and stepped inside. He confidently walked towards the bar.

“Hello sir, what can I give…” the bartender started but then he got too shocked to continue when he realized who he is talking to.

“Hi Dave, what’s up?” your father asked his old friend. “Could you give this tired man a beer? I had a really long trip.”

“Jason, what are you doing here?” he asked your father.

“Why, you are not happy to see me after all these years?” your father asked and thought about how weird it was to be called that after so many years.

“I think you should go now, before your brother arriv…” he started but didn’t finish, he looked at the door. Your father turned to see who came, although he already knew the answer.

“Jason? What the hell are you doing here?” a really loud and deep voice can be heard and your father sighed. His brother was never an easy case.

“Hello brother!” he greeted the owner of the deep voice. “Oh, come on, Dereck, you can’t properly greet your little brother?”

“No, if he ran away with a damned witch and betrayed his whole pack. I ask you again, what the hell are you doing here?” he asked on a dangerous tone and came closer. Now the whole pub was quiet, no one dared to make a sound.

“I… I came to ask a favor” your father said.

“A favor? After what you had done, you still think you have the right to ask a favor?” Dereck asked loudly.

“Look! My daughter is in danger. She got kidnapped and if we don’t get her out, her kidnappers will take control over her and make her do terrible things. Please! I know you probably hate me, but my daughter didn’t do anything wrong. She is the kindest and bravest girl on the whole planet. If your brother still means anything to you, just…” your father pleaded.

“You left us, you chose your witch and not us. What makes you think you mean anything to me?” Dereck asked.

“I am your brother! Hyung! Don’t you remember? How we used to play in the forest when we were kids. How we promised each other that no matter what, we will always be there for each other. Did it mean nothing to you?” Jiwoo asked.

“It meant everything to me! I could have die for you back then. You were the one who didn’t care about it” Dereck replied.

“Hyung, she is my mate! And you wanted to kill her. I had to do something” your father explained.

“I told you to stay away from her. She burnt down two houses, and she almost killed Leyla too” Dereck said.

“It wasn’t her, she wanted to help, she wanted to save her! Why can’t you believe me? God, hyung you are so stubborn. Look! It’s not the point now. My daughter, your niece is in danger. If family means something to you, you will help her” your father said.

“And what do you want me to do?” Dereck asked.

“You are the alpha, you could tell them to…” your father started but his brother didn’t let him finish.

“So I should just sacrifice my pack for your daughter who I never saw or met before? Sacrifice my family, my friends for a stranger? I won’t do that, and this is my last word. Now because you are my brother, I let you go this time, but if I have to see you ever again, prepare for your death, brother!” Dereck said and left the pub and your father who sighed defeated.


Two days later Chanyeol watched the twins practicing on the training glade when the sun almost went down and thought about the plan they made earlier that day. The twins were really good learners so they could now use a lot of spells to fight. Chanyeol told Kris about the twins who promised each other to just save themselves if things go wrong so they made a plan without them too just in case they will need it, but they improved so much, they said they will totally win all the time and sometimes annoyed everyone with it.

"Are you jealous of her?" Youngsook asked his sister.

"Okay, yes, I am. It's just that she is so perfect! And lucky. She is beautiful and slim and short and... she looks like a cute doll. She is kind, honest, brave, so she has a great personality too. And she is sooo strong and special. On top of that she has her full family not like me, and everybody loves her and tries to protect her. And here I am who is too tall, I am not pretty either. I don't have so big powers and I have such a bad personality. I am not kind or that brave like her. I often seem to be too pushy and direct. I don't open up easily either. And I don't have anyone except you and Yeonhee. But that girl has everything what I wanted and she is everything what I used to want to be. She reminds me how messed up I am. It's not a good feeling" she finished and her brother sighed.

“Sis, please don’t think like that! I love you, and I always will! I couldn’t ask for a better sister than you. You are perfect for me, you know that?” Youngsook asked, and Jungsook nodded with a small smile on her face. “That half witch girl can never be that perfect like you are, and if you think…” Youngsook continued but Chanyeol didn’t hear the end of it, because he heard Joonmyun’s voice and he quickly ran away so he wouldn’t get caught.

Chanyeol thought about it for a minute, but he didn’t have too much time to think, because the vampire leaders were coming to visit them again like they did yesterday. That time Seunghyun and Jungsook had a heated argument with a lot of flirting coming from the girl and the vampire trying to stop her. And when the vampires arrived it seemed, this time won’t be different either.

“Hello vamps, did you have a wonderful day?” Jungsook asked while looking at Seunghyun. “Seunghyun oppa, why don’t you come and join us? That way we could wrestle and get to know each other’s bodies.”

“When the hell freezes over” Seunghyun replied and tried to ignore the witch girl.

“Aw, why are you like that? It would be fun” Jungsook winked at him seductively, and went closer to him. “I bet I could make you feel better” she whispered in his ears but he pushed her farer.

“Couldn’t you just stop? I’m not in the mood for this ” Seunghyun said.

“Oh, come on, you don’t have to act so hard to get. I bet we could have fun together if you could just relax a little” she said, but this time it seemed Seunghyun had enough.

“I wouldn’t want to have fun with you even if you would be the only woman on the Earth. Why don’t you just go and flirt with other boys, I bet you could find at least ten cooperative men who would love to satisfy you. Go, make a harem for yourself! Just leave me alone already, I don’t like ty girls like you” Seunghyun said and everyone became dead quiet.

"Can't you be less rude with me? You know I have feelings too" she told to Seunghyun with suppressed anger.

"I am tired of your way of speaking me. You are too pushy, you can't stop flirting with me even if you know I'm not interested. Didn't your parents teach you how to behave?" he asked her angrily.

"No, they didn't. They sold me and my brother to a house. We barely could escape" she yelled and Seunghyun couldn’t say anything back. He felt terrible for saying those things to her.

Chanyeol was not sure what to do in this situation. He felt really sorry for the twins, because they had to experience this, he suddenly understood more why they didn’t want to risk each other’s lives.

"I know I'm too pushy and I have an awful personality and nobody likes me!" she screamed. "But you don't have any idea what I went through. My life was a living hell for a very long time" she finished while tears were rolling down on her face. “You have no idea” she whispered and ran away.

“Jungsook-ah!”Youngsook shouted after her and quickly ran to catch his sister. No one dared to speak or even make a sound, they were still processing what she said, but after a few minutes Seunghyun finally broke the silence:

“I ed up” he said with guilt in his voice.

 




 

Hello everyone! I am back with the next chapter. I know, you waited for it a lot, but this one is  alot longer than the previous ones so I hope you don't mind it. I actualy wanted to write down one more event in this chapter too, but now it's getting late here, and I wanted to upload it today, so I will write that event in the next chapter. I really hope that you like this chapter too, and please please tell me what you think about it, because I don't have any ideas if you like it or not!

I hope you have a wonderful day, byebye! ^^