Befriending Irene

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

18th April/2010. Freshman year.


She strolled through the long hallway, her walk boosting with confidence as if the school was her runway. Her dark brown locks bouncing, and swaying gracefully. Her cat-like eyes screaming “I don't give a damn” at the ocean of people who were staring, and giving her malicious looks when she's just being herself.

“Damn, Am I an alien or what!” Seulgi muttered underneath her breath as she reached her locker.

After taking out the things, and the books she needs for today, she her heels only to be greeted by a furious Wendy, eyes flaring and hands on her hips.

“What do you want, Son Seungwan?” Seulgi was already halfway annoyed, but still managed to smirk big, knowing that calling the latter by her Korean name always drive her crazy.

“Stop hurting Irene.” Wendy said between gritted teeth.

“Pardon?” Seulgi drew her eyebrows together, totally lost and confused.

“Don't play dumb on me.” The slightly short girl shot a dark glare. “Her locker and her desk has been flooding with hatred letters for the past few days, and I know you did it.”

“Don't you dare accuse me for something I didn't do,” Seulgi said in disbelief. “Just because I hate-”

 

“Just because Seulgi hates me, it doesn't mean she's the one who did it.”

Turning their heads toward the source of the voice, sure thing it was no other than Irene herself.

“Earth to Irene, hello? She's your number one hater...”

“Knock it off, Wendy. It's no big deal.” Irene took a brief glance at Seulgi, flashing her a smile before striding to their classroom.

Unbelievable!

Did Irene just defend me?

Kang Seulgi was flabbergasted.

Literally flabbergasted.

 

* * *

 

6th June/2010. Freshman year.


Loud chatters, and booming sounds of punk-rock music filled her ears while the smell of bland food invaded her senses making her feel sick in the stomach.

After all those years of being stuck in this school, it was the first time for Seulgi to enter the cafeteria. The place where she doesn't feel belonged, and where it's hard for her to blend in with people. But it always felt like that, nobody wants her in there. She was the school's famous outcast, yet she wasn't socially awkward so it won't hurt to try and sit there, right?

Spotting an empty place, Seulgi hurriedly dashed toward it only to be blocked by seven students. And uh-oh, judging from their dark aura, they were bad news.

Lifting her head, she saw Wendy, Sooyoung, Mino, and his friends smirking and their unfriendly expressions ready to mock her.

“Move!” She demanded with a sharp tone.

Mino snickered at her nerve. “Too bad, you can't sit with us. In case you don't know, The Losers' table is beside the trash-bin over there.”

That earned a laugh from his group, but it didn't affect the victim of bully.

“Piss off, you don't own this table.” Seulgi snarled. “How rude of you trying to humiliate me over nothing.”

Within an anger rising inside of him, the boy grabbed the girl's tray with full force and thrashed it on the hard ground causing everyone to stop and stare. “Trying to be courageous by talking back, huh? Where's your manners, Kang?”

Ironic. Shouldn't he be the one asking that question to himself?

“Cut the crap off, Mino. Who do you think you are!” A voice exploded behind Seulgi.

“Wow, would you look at that! The Princess-Perfect defending the Lone Wolf!” Wendy clapped, a wave of sarcasm could be heard in her tone.

Irene simply ignored what the brunette said. She didn't want to fight or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter