Of Nicknames and same dreams

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene focused on Seulgi's closed eyes.

She looked so serene, so peaceful, even though it was hundred percent obvious that she wasn't fast asleep yet.

Too sad, her best friend right here knows her too well.

“Pssst, wake up!” Irene said in a low tone. “Wake up, Seulbear.”

When the girl who was pretending to be in a deep slumber didn't respond, Irene bent down a little bit, leaning forward as she pressed her lips against Seulgi's right ear. “I know you're awake, so give up or else I'll tell the entire school that you still sleep with plush toys and teddy bears.”

That threat was kinda cute and funny where Seulgi couldn't contain her laughter.

“Okay okay, you got me!” Seulgi risen into a sitting position, giving her friend a funny look. “I just pretended to be asleep because aunt Yuri asked me to babysit her three year old daughter and you know, even though I love my aunt, there's no way I'd waste my night looking after her brat child.”

“You're such a horrible cousin!” Irene said, giggling.

“Trust me, I'm horribly horrible with kids.”

“You know yourself too well, Seulbear.”

“True that.” Seulgi stuck her tongue out in an adorable way. “Now tell me what brings you here?”

“Can I sleep here tonight?” Irene quietly asked, already plopping down and curling up beside the owner of the room.

A cheeky grin from the tall girl, showing off her white teeth which still have braces for almost three years now. “Do you even have to ask? My house is your house.”

“Thanks.” The petite girl smiled sheepishly.

“Puh-lease don't talk formal, you make me feel like a stranger.”

“But I should thank you, though.”

“Just shut up and sleep, cabbage.”

“I'm not a cabbage.”

“Says the one who calls herself Baechu.”

 

As the night stretched on and grew even more darker, a disturbing silence crawled in the room. The only sounds could be heard was their calm breaths, distant shuffles from outside the opened window.

An hour has passed, then another one and the sleep didn't come to any of the two girls yet.

“Thought you're snoring already.” Irene chuckled, breaking the agonizing silence.

“I've been insomniac lately.” Seulgi responded, voice tired but still wide awake.

There was a brief pause, then Seulgi shifted, facing the girl who was softly staring back at her. “Tell you what,” She began, holding Irene's gaze. “Sometimes I wish I was popular. I don't know, but I think it's cool when those amount of people know you.”

Irene couldn't help but frown. “Popularity could be both good and bad, but most of the time it's bad and ain't no fun at all. Truth to be told, those people don't really know m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter