Real friends are family

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene's POV

 

Each day I pay a visit, I grow worried sick until almost one month, and a half has passed and Seulgi was still lifeless as ever. Not a single part of her would twitch, her breaths were shallow and the only sounds of the irritating machines was a sign that she's still alive.

I was nearly losing hope and faith but thankfully, aunt Boa and Seulgi's personal nurses were always there for me, reminding me to keep praying and hold on as much as I could.

If your best friend will survive, then you too will survive the long wait.

They would say it over and over until it got stuck in my head.

 

* *

 

“It's been a long day without you, my friend. And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again. We've come a long way from where we began. Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again. When I see you again.”


“You have a great voice right there!”


I slowly stared up from where I was sitting only to be greeted by a nurse whom I never seen before. “Thank you, miss.”

 

“You're welcome.” she said sweetly. “Is she your relative?”


“Nope. She's my best friend. We're polar opposites but somehow, she is my sister...” My voice trailed off and I didn't know that I started to cry until my tears fell on my hands. “I would never leave her for the world, but the world made her leave me.”


“Oh dear...” She sat next to me and patted me gently on my back. “Please don't say that. She will recover and you'll gonna get through this, you just have to be patient.”


“I am patient, miss.” But I sounded so hopeless. “I know Seulgi will open her eyes one day, but it feels li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter