Final: Strangers to Sisters

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene came home one Sunday night only to see all the lights were switched off.

That’s weird. She thought confusingly. 

The last thing she remembers, her 35th birthday was still after two months till it comes, so a surprise party couldn’t be possible. Adding to that, Seulgi always stays up all night at weekends. 

So why was their shared house completely dark? 


Heaving out a short sigh, Irene headed back to the entrance to turn on the lights, but before her hand could reach out for the switch, candles suddenly flickered to life, startling her a little bit. 

“You’re home!” Her best friend’s enthusiastic voice boomed from behind.

Irene immediately spun around, greeted by a smiling Seulgi with a square-shaped, strawberry cake in her hands. 

“What’s the occasion?” she asked as she eyed the candle-lit cake. 

“Forgetful much?” Seulgi said teasingly.

Irene’s eyebrows skyrocketed.

Seulgi chuckled before saying, “Happy 18th Friendversary, buddy.” 


Irene then exploded into laughters. 

Today marked their 18th anniversary of being best friends. She found it quite funny that she completely forgot about it, but then again, Bae Irene was a forgetful person. 

Not always. Just sometimes. 

“Happy Friendversary, oldie pal.” A cheeky grin crept on Irene’s face as she blew up the eighteen candles. “Why the sudden celebration though? We never celebrated any anniversary before.” 

“Just wanted to show you how grateful I am for having you in my life.” Seulgi smiled as she switched on the lights.  

“From strangers to sisters,” The older girl returned the smile. “I’m grateful for having you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter