When you find the place where your heart belongs

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Twenty five days has passed since Seulgi woke up from her comatose. It was shocking to her when the doctor told her that she went through a horrible accident because she was drunk. She doesn't even remember that she ever loved drinking, and getting wasted. 

She knows that there must be a reason why she drunk that much, but whenever she asks her parents about it, they would ignore her, shrug it off and sometimes they would look nervous when they hear that question.

She wants to know, but decided not to press on them any further.


Speaking about her education, Seulgi didn't attend Dongguk university even though they accepted her. She applied in an online college instead because of her condition.

She doesn't want to be a burden to her classmates or to her professors whenever she faints. Most of the time, she would faint whenever she tries to remember the things she wants to remember, and it would be hard for her to roam around since she's using a wheelchair so she thought it would be better and easier to learn at home.

 

* *

 

It was one Saturday afternoon when Seulgi was outside, wheeling around like a child as if the wheelchair was a bicycle more than a wheelchair. She immediately stopped on her track when she saw Irene coming, a smile on her delicate face, and a basket of cupcakes in her tiny hands.

“Hello Seulgi,” She greeted in her usual gentle tone. “How are you feeling?”

“I'm good,” The former greeted back with a friendly smile. “What brings you here?”

Irene simply returned the smile, then she handed Seulgi the small basket. “Your mother said you love asorted cupcakes so much. I was free today so I thought of baking some for you.”

Seulgi took it and thanked the latter for sure, but before Irene could turn on her heels to take her leave, Seulgi held her wrist.


“May I ask you something?” 

“Sure, what is it?” The petite girl faced the girl on the wheelchair. 

Seulgi heaved out a breath as she looked straight at Irene. “I'm not saying that you're a liar, but are you really a friend of my aunt Boa?”

Irene's shoulders stiffened, and Seulgi's eyes were sharp enough to notice it.


When Irene didn't answer, Seulgi blurted. “I knew it.” She said sternly, but she wasn't angry. “It's obvious from the start that you're not. She treats you like her own child, you treat her as if she is your second mother, and more than that, you don't talk to her that much when she's around.”

“I'm so sorry, I lied.” The former mumbled quietly.

“Don't be, I just want to know who are you exactly!”

Irene's lips twitched, and when she was about to answer, the sudden booming voice of Seulgi's brother came in, telling her that she has an urgent phone call.

“Maybe some other time.” said Seulgi, slightly disappointed.

 

* *

 

Dearest Kang Seulgi,

I often wonder;
Do you remember those old days my friend?

When we used to sit on green hills.
When we used to sing along to friendship songs.
And when we used to lay on public parks at night, watching the stars.

When we laughed and yelled.
And when we raised glasses for the enjoyment of life.

Do you remember those times, my friend?
The days we spent far from home.
With friends at our shoulders and enemies behind.


We used to speak often.
Of those days passed.
For comfort and peace.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter