Second Chance

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She dance as if she's sick, and the movement is medication. As if getting up just to practice is the only motivation to stay awake, and the well-worn soft shoes feels like home.

The world is cold, and lonely. But when she dances, there is a fire deep inside her heart, warm and lively. She feels like a free bird. Like she's able to fly as high as she wants.

Gravity, she taunts as she laughs in its face, because leaping and twirling across dance floors allows her to soar. Higher than she could in her dreams.

Hard-shoe dances makes her feel powerful, like a raging storm in the blue ocean. Her gentle stomps, and her clicks are like crashing waves, but she's also the sea breeze, strong and graceful.

When she dances, she feels like she's trading secrets with the entire universe.

On bad days, the rhythms of hard-shoes sound like heartbeats, a life line. And she'll dance until her feet aches just to feel something because dancing is the only thing that makes her brain go quiet.

Her thoughts for once are no longer in a riot against her. All she can hear, and all she can see is the whole world laid out in front of her.

When she dances,she feels unstoppable and unbreakable.

When she dance, she feels alive.

 

Although Irene's feet and legs were already giving up, she kept dancing, but that was until thunder bolts shook the skies above her all of the sudden.

If there was something she's dangerously terrified and scared of, it would defenitely be thunders.

With panic washing over her, she rushed out of the dance studio.

She ran as fast as her tired feet could make it, then she accidentally bumped into someone almost sending her into an endless fall. But luckily and despite the darkness that swallowed the place, the person had the chance to pull her by the arm to steady her.

She was grateful that Seulgi came along with her, but judging from the unfamiliar scent, it was definitely not Seulgi.


“Still scared of thunders, aren't you?”

A flashlight came to life, then her head snapped only to meet gazes with the person that she never expected to talk to again.

“W-Wendy...” Irene's breath hitched.

The dark sky roared and rumbled again causing the former to fall on her knees and shriek in fear. Absently, her trembling limbs and her entire being calmed down.

Surprisingly, she found her petite frame wrapped around Wendy's arms.

“What are you doing?” She struggled to break loose but to no avail, Wendy was too strong regardless of how twice tiny she was.

“Comforting you.” Wendy replied, almost inaudible. “I know we're not close anymore, but I'll be here whenever you need me.”

“But we just happened to bump by coincidence.”

“Coincidence or not, I'm honest with what I said.”

Irene was left speechless, she couldn't think of any words to respond to that, and much to her surprise, Wendy's voice came out soft and sincere and she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter