I'll go wherever you will go

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene's POV

 

It's been three days since my cousin gave me a call that Seulgi was admitted to the hospital due to a tragic accident. I'm still heartbroken hearing that saddening news. I continued blaming myself over and over but my roommate Mijoo kept comforting me that I shouldn't press on myself.

What can I do though? I can't help it. I find it as my own fault because Seulgi always dreamed of being together in the same college but all I did was crashing that little dream of hers. I even raised my voice and fought with her the night I told her that I applied in America and never told her before that I always wanted to study there.

I know it's my own ambition, but I was too selfish and how I wish I wasn't.


I could have applied with her in Seoul even if I don't want to achieve my goals in there or I could have convinced her to apply with me in here but I was arrogant and stupid to the point where I didn't even take a moment to think about these two options back then.

I was aware that Seulgi hates being left without warning, that she gets hurt easily and that she is a major sensitive person despite her cold appearance at times.

But what did I do? I destroyed her and our friendship that meant everything to me. I destroyed the most precious two things I ever had in my entire life.

 

* *

 

“Hopefully when your best friend recovers, will you come back?” Mijoo asked as she helped me with my luggage inside the airport.


“I'm not sure about that.” I shrugged and a sad pout formed her lips which made me laugh a little.


“You know although it's only been three months since college started, it's really a pleasure having you as a friend and a roommate, Bae Irene. And I must admit that I'm gonna miss you.”


“The pleasure is mine, Lee Mijoo and I'm gonna miss you too.”


We stared at each other for a couple of seconds before she stepped forward and attacked me with a hug. “You keep saying it's your fault but I'm certainly sure that Seulgi will forgive you. So promise me to have faith that your friendship isn't completely ruined as you think.”


“I promise, Mijoo-yah!”

 

* *

 

I didn't care that I have exams, I didn't care that I have pile of works and tons of projects and I surely didn't give a damn that my professors will be mad at me. All I could care about was going back to my second home and stay with Seulgi.

The trip was really tiring and dizzying, so once I arrived in my house, I took a two hour sleep and after that I immediately rushed to the hospital without even bothering to fix my unkempt hair or change my clothes.


Soon when I got there, my limbs started to tremble so badly as if the person whom I'm gonna see is my enemy. I was giddy and nervous to my very guts but I know I have to do this.

I entered the room only to see one of Seulgi's aunts fixing her blanket.

My steps were faint but she managed to acknowledge my presence.


I expected her to lash in anger or to throw me out the room but I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter