Shattered Stars

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi was stranded in the edge of nowhere, falling into the night like a lonely satellite.

Though the streets and the roads were crowded with ocean of people, she felt alone and emptiness hovered in her heart like a blizzard of black snow.

She wasn't the type of person who drinks or who's good at drinking, but tonight and for the first time in her life, she got herself drunk in attempt to wash away her pain and to forget about her best friend who's now gone in America.

But did getting wasted on six glasses of drinks worked? Unfortunately it only made her mood and her situation much worse than she expected.

 

* *

 

“Tell me Irene...” She spoke to herself bitterly. “Was any of it real? The sleepovers we had, the smiles and the laughs we shared, the warm hugs we exchanged?”


“Was any of it real? When you called me your true friend and said we'd be sisters forever?”


“Was any of it real? When we confided with each other and when we spent hours on the phone just talking and telling silly jokes?”


“Did I mean something to you? Did it mean anything to you? All the moments we had, the ups and the downs. All the priceless times we spent together, the good and the bad. The friendship we bulit, the one that you threw away like it was nothing to you?”


“Didn't it hurt you that we won't share our dreams, our ambitions and our future goals in the same place?”


“And in that very first time when I became your friend, was anything even honestly real?”

Not that she's saying that their friendship was fake, because it's always been real. In fact, their bond was strong, unbreakable and indestructible despite the fact that they've only been friends for one year and a half. But right at the moment, everything seemed unreal, like it was only a vivid dream and an illus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter