Chapter 5

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

Everyone rushed to me when they saw me and bombarded me with cliché questions. I told everyone that I’m fine and I was lost in the woods. Soon enough, they dispersed back to their own cabins. Gayoung, Raim, and I went back to our cabin as well, followed by Yohan and Hyunsoo.

“So, mind explaining us everything?” Yohan said.

We settled ourselves on the couch before I started to explain everything, in details.

 

“Wow, he’s pretty handsome to be your mate. If I were you, I wouldn’t mind if he’s a vampire.” Raim commented. We gave her a weird look.

“So you mean, L is a full vampire but only accepts your blood?” Gayoung asked.

“Well, he’s a vampire. Of course he can drink any animal’s or human’s blood to quench his thirst, but if it’s my blood, he gains more strength and energy.”

“How can you say he’s safe?” Hyunsoo asked.

“And the other six too! Even though they’re half-humans, they’re still half-vampires!” Yohan interjected.

“They kind of have a treaty not to touch humans for their blood thirst. And L, you don’t have to worry about him. Let’s just say I’m the only one who can tame him.”

“But if that dude tries something funny, we won’t hesitate to hurt him.” Raim said.

You chuckled. “I appreciate that you guys are worried, but even the four of you together are no match against him. I’ve seen him fight with a huge wolf and tiger alone. He killed them both.”

My four friends kind of shivered at the thought.

“Let’s now go to sleep, okay? Hyunsoo and Yohan, go back to your cabin.”

 

After that night, our three-day trip peacefully passed. No sign from L and the boys. I wonder how they are. I finally arrived home. I greeted my parents before going to my room straight to my bed. Ah~ this is what I call heaven. I miss you, my bed. It’s Friday so I can sleep all I want; I guess sleep is what I will only do for the weekend.

 

Weekend passed quickly. It . Whenever you’re having a good time or resting, time passes by so quickly. But when you’re so damn bored especially in school, time seems to slow down. Don’t you think so? Haven’t you noticed that? When you sit in your class and listen to your teacher blabber nonsense, it seems like an hour has already passed but when you glance at your clock, a minute has only passed. Anyway, we have no choice but to go to school. That’s why I’m here again, walking to school.

 

I arrived in our campus with students seeming to be so active early in the morning. I guess they still have a hangover from the trip, huh? I went to my friends and greeted them. Gayoung and Raim were chattering like the other students while Hyunsoo and Yohan looked…annoyed.

 

“What’s up with them?” I questioned, referring to the students.

“Heard that there’ll be transfer students in our class.” Yohan explained.

“And they’re all boys. That’s why girls are…excited? I guess.” Hyunsoo said.

Plural; it means there won’t be only one new student. How many are they? All boys? And all of them are in our class? I shrugged. Who cares? It’s not my business. It’s not like I’m interested anyway.

“Hey, you two, stop fan girling, will you? Let’s go to class.” I grabbed my two girl friends and dragged them to our classroom.

 

The bell rang, signaling the start of classes. The students rushed to their rooms and settled into their seats. Hyunsoo sits beside Raim and Yohan sits beside Gayoung. What a destiny my friends have! While I am alone again, sitting beside this infamous ‘gangster’ in our school. Our teacher arrived and quieted the class.

“Before we start our lesson, I assume everyone knows there’ll be new students in this class.” She turned her attention to the door and gave a signal for them to come in.

As they entered one by one, girls started to squeal in delight. My eyes widened. What the—Hyunsoo and Yohan stood up with a mad expression.

 

“What are you guys doing here?!” Hyunsoo gritted.

“Are you out of your mind?!” Yohan added.

The students were confused. I panicked. I looked at Gayoung and Raim. They tugged the boys’ sleeves to make them sit back down. They didn’t budge.

“Hyunsoo, Yohan, we already talked about this.” I said. They sighed before sitting back down.

“Okay…I guess there was a little misunderstanding. Anyway, introduce yourselves, boys.” Ssaem(teacher) gestured.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Infinite-imnida.” They bowed.

“I am Kim Sunggyu.” He gave smile which made his eyes completely disappear.

“Jang Dongwoo, nice to meet you!” He said in English and grinned widely.

“Nam Woohyun.” He threw hearts to the girls. I rolled my eyes. I didn’t know Woohyun could be a huge flirt.

“Lee Howon or Hoya.” He said without expression.

“Lee Sungyeol, let’s all get along well.” He showed off his gummy smile.

“Lee Sungjong, I hope we’ll be friends!” Sungjong gave a bright smile.

Everyone’s attention was on the last person. I can see that he’s nervous and trying to calm and compose himself. His eyes were searching until he met mine. I gave him a small smile which he returned.

“Kim Myungsoo, but you can call me L.”

“You may sit on the vacant seats at the last row.” Ssaem said.

“Oh, can I sit beside Seolyeon?” L asked. I gaped at him. The students turned their heads on me. I can feel glares, especially from the girls. Oh well, es, I’m his future mate, so back off. Wait, what did I just say? I must be going crazy. These vampires have a lot of explaining to do later.

“Sure. Jaesuk, you can transfer at the vacant seat by the window.” Our teacher told my seatmate.

Jaesuk just raised his brow at her and didn’t move. “AH!!!” He suddenly winced.

I frowned, and then realized something. I gave Hoya a look. He stopped the pain and flashed me a sheepish grin.

Jaesuk gave the seven new students a glare before grabbing his stuff and moved to his new seat.

“Thanks.”L said to Hoya who sat beside Dongwoo behind L and I. “Hi.” He turned his attention to me.

“Don’t ‘hi’ me, mister. You and your friends have a lot to explain later.”

He just gave me a soft chuckle before listening to our teacher.