Chapter 17: FINALE

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

“I’ll keep your seven friends’ secret, but say good bye forever to your human friends OR I’ll free your friends, but expose these beings’ identity. Pick your choice, Seolyeon.”

I have no idea what to do. I looked at the six guys for some help. They seem to have no energy left. Police officers started to arrive and surrounded the area.

“Just let go of Yohan, Hyunsoo, Raim and Gayoung!”Woohyun said.

“We’re not asking you.”Taeho kicked his stomach in which Woohyun winced. He got hurt by human’s kick! They must be really weak right now.

 

We can handle this, Seolyeon. I’m begging you. Free your friends.

 

I hesitated for a bit. “I’m choosing what Woohyun said.”

“Very good choice. This is going just as exactly as how I planned.”

I hugged my four friends once they were freed. They also look worried for the guys.

“Now, listen! All of you are curious about the danger in our place, right? You might think I’m crazy, but no, what I’m going to say is real. I have lots of proofs. These six guys on stage are the threat. There are actually seven of them, but the other one is much more dangerous!”

People started to murmur.

“Do you want to know why they are dangerous? Before I tell you, let me ask, do you guys believe in vampires?” The murmurs got louder.

“Seolyeon, last night was not homework, wasn’t it?” Dad asked.

“Dad, Mom, please, trust me on this. You have to be on my side. Please believe me.”

 

“What if I tell you that vampires do exist?”Jaesuk asked the crowd. “You got it right! These six guys on stage are half-human half-vampire. Do you want to see?” He grabbed a pocketknife and gave his own arm a small cut.

Having no strength left and feeling nothing but hungry and thirsty, the six half-vampires reacted to the blood. Their eyes turned red and fangs showed. They’re trying to fight themselves not to be out of control.

Everyone gasped and became scared. They couldn’t believe what they’re seeing.

“What’s worse is that we have one full vampire.”Jaesuk dragged him on stage.

“Myungsoo!” I cried at the sight of him. He was so lifeless and all-bruised, eyes red and fangs showing.

“Yeobo! What did they do to my son? Myungsoo-ah!”Eomeonim wailed in Abeonim’s arms.

“What should we do? Kill them or let them live?”

Everyone was still shocked that vampires exist, but majority was shouting to kill them. No.

“No!” I shouted. Everyone silenced and looked at me.

“They might be vampires but they’re not as harmful as you think. They have a vow not to touch humans for thirst. For the half-vampires, they can survive on human food and blood. I’ve been with them for weeks now, and I was never once hurt. They even save me. They are not bad. My friends and I, my family, and Myungsoo’s family are all witnesses that they’re not harmful. Please, don’t kill them.” I was crying on my knees.

“Woah, so dramatic. I’m moved. Shall we agree with her? Ah, I have an idea. We can let this half-vampires live, but I think we should kill the vampire.”Jaesuk suggested. The crowd is slowly agreeing with him.

 

I can see Myungsoo’s father trying to calm his wife and Moonsoo.

“What do you think, Seolyeon?”Jaesuk asked.

Before I could answer, my throat dried up upon hearing Sunggyu. “Yes, please do kill him.”

“NO!!! Sunggyu, what are you doing?!” My friends and my parents were holding me in place.

He ignored me. Myungsoo was also surprised with his statement. He looked at him; they’re talking through their minds. Then, Myungsoo looked at me and muttered ‘I love you’.

Jaesuk’s gang let go of the six half-vampires. I wanted to shout at them. I was so mad. But Myungsoo was about to be killed, so I removed everyone’s grip on me and ran to the stage. I hugged him to use my body as a shield and prevent them from hitting him. I heard shouts and cries.

“I love you, too.” I whispered to his ear before losing consciousness.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A lot of things already happened. I confirmed that vampires are real, witnessed their powers, strength, and speed, saw all Sungjong’s visions happened, mated to a vampire, saved by a vampire, fed a vampire, kissed a vampire, fell in love with a vampire, and most of all,sacrificedmyself for a vampire. But it still all seems like a fairy tale to me. Maybe I was just dreaming, but it felt so real to be a dream.

 

I opened my eyes—I’m in my room. So, everything was just really a dream? If it really happened, I’m supposed to wake up in a hospital, right? My body felt so heavy. I feel so drained and…hungry. What in the world did I do last night?

“Mom?Dad?” I called, but no one answered.

I got off of my bed. I was about to go out of my room, but my doorknob broke as I turned it. Feeling frustrated, I kicked my door down.

No one was home, but as I reached the living room, I heard the front door open.

Oh, they bought some groceries.“Mom!Dad!”

“Seolyeon! You’re finally awake!!!” Mom’s face brightened up.

I was about to run to them when I felt really thirsty, wanting to my own parents. What the hell is happening to me?

“You must be very thirsty, huh? It’s natural for a newborn.”

That voice. I know who owns that familiar voice. Am I dreaming again? I looked up to confirm that I’m not hearing things. He’s really standing in front of me. My eyes became blurry with tears. My thirst was long forgotten.

I caressed his cheek. “You’re…real…” I hugged him tightly. “I thought everything was just a dream.”

He hugged me back and kissed the crown of my head. “I missed you. I was so scared. I thought I’d lose you.”

“What happened?” I asked.

“I hate to break it up, but let’s do the catching up later, kids. Help us with the groceries first.” Dad called.

We chuckled and did as told. Soon, noise can be heard in the front door.

“Ah, our sleeping beauty is really finally awake! Sunggyu-hyung thought Myungsoo was just imagining things again.” I could hear Sungyeol’s voice.

“Seolyeon!!!”Yohan, Hyunsoo, Gayoung, and Raim were about to give me a bear hug, but stopped on their tracks. They looked at Sunggyu.

He nodded. “Don’t worry. She’s safe.”

As soon as he said that, my friends tackled me in a bear hug. My thirst came back with my friends’ scents.

“She’s safe? What is that supposed to mean?!” I pouted.

“Yah, aren’t you noticing strange things about yourself?” Hoya knocked on my forehead.

I frowned. “I just thought everything was a dream.”

“Judging the situation of your room’s door, that’s should already be a huge clue.”Yohan pointed at my room.

Myungsoo walked to me and flicked my forehead. I readied myself to feel pain, but felt nothing. “Strength, thirst, and speed.” He enumerated.

My eyes widened and my mouth gaped. “Am I now a…”

“Yes, honey, you are. Don’t worry. As you can see, everything’s fine now.” Mom messed my hair.

“What exactly happened?” I asked, feeling very confused of the situation.

 

“Back then, Sunggyu-hyung told Myungsoo-hyung that they need to sacrifice him. That’s why he said to kill him. Because Gyu-hyung knows that you will sacrifice yourself to save Myungsoo-hyung. Everyone didn’t expect that, even Jaesuk; for a human to sacrifice her own life, then she must be saying the truth. They decided to give the seven of us a chance, but once we hurt a human, it will be the end of us. Jaesuk and his gang, Nana, Lizzy, and Raina were arrested.”Sungjong explained.

“So, you mean, you did that because you know I will be the one to get killed?!”

“Yes, because we know that you won’t die. You were treated in the hospital, but you weren’t going to make it, so before you lose your life, Myungsoo turned you into what you are right now.”Woohyun answered.

“You were unconscious for two weeks though. We thought the venom didn’t work.”Sunggyu added.

“Oh gosh, I never thought you guys undergo this kind of thirst.It’s…frustrating.”

“You guys have to hunt. Remember that human blood is forbidden.”Sungyeol said.

“You can go on your own. You have to learn by yourself.”Myungsoo said.

I grabbed his arm. “Oh no, you are not leaving me alone.” He tried to free himself from my grip.

“Myungsoo, you know that newborns are way stronger, right? There’s no use to fighting.”Dongwoo told him.

“Plus, I still have a revenge to make, mister.” I smirked.

“Oooh, revenge is sweet, Myung.”Hyunsoo winked at him.

“Okay, fine. Then, catch me if you can.” He ran out of our house.

“We’re cheering for you, Seol!”Gayoung and Raim said, before I followed my boyfriend.

We arrived in the woods. Just the thought of drinking animal blood disgusts me. Heol. I have no choice, though. I have to get rid of this thirst. I spotted a wild deer and cornered it. I’m sorry Mr. Deer but I have to kill you. After doing my business, I continued searching for Myungsoo. I have more energy now so I was able to catch up with his speed. But I wasn’t expecting him to suddenly turn around and pin me to a tree.

“I can see you’re enjoying being a vampire.”

“Of course, because I can get revenge on you. Before, you don’t even flinch when I hit you. It’s so unfair.”

“Then, starting from now, we’ll play the game fairly.” He closed the gap between our lips and aggressively kissed each other.

After pulling away, he rested his forehead on mine. “Seolyeon-ah…”

“Hm?”

“Let’s start our forever together.Will you marry me?”

“Of course, Kim Myungsoo, yes, I will.” We goofily smiled at each other before sealing our lips together once again.